Author Topic: Thank You Democrats  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Re: Thank You Democrats
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2008, 11:21:23 AM »
Wait, don't tell me, it's freddie mac right?

You tell me...you seem to be up on the reasons....why is it?

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2008, 11:24:06 AM »
You tell me...you seem to be up on the reasons....why is it?

There were alot of banks lending money it shouldn't have, if it were just FM, it wouldn't be a problem.

But seeming you are going to run with FM, shouldn't you be blaming mcain too?
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2008, 11:29:39 AM »
Democrats bitterly resisted the warnings made by Republicans. John McCain warned of impending disaster in 2005. What was Obama's postion these last few years? Does anyone even know? McCain fought for the troop surge in Iraq. We at least know where Obama stood and still stands on that.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2008, 11:30:37 AM »
There were alot of banks lending money it shouldn't have, if it were just FM, it wouldn't be a problem.

But seeming you are going to run with FM, shouldn't you be blaming mcain too?

What a piece of work. 

When shown that the dems really fluffied something up, the only thing you can do is first try to spin, then push blame off on someone else.

If anything McCain tried to fix what was wrong with FM. 

I have yet to see anything that shows that dems tried to fix anything.....instead they blocked any attempts to fix the problem before it became what we have today.  You seem to have a problem acccepting this fact so you try to spin it to not be the case. 

Sad, actually....but typical for a head in the sand dem who fails reading comprehension and a basic understanding of facts.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2008, 11:31:31 AM »
Democrats bitterly resisted the warnings made by Republicans. John McCain warned of impending disaster in 2005. What was Obama's postion these last few years? Does anyone even know? McCain fought for the troop surge in Iraq. We at least know where Obama stood and still stands on that.

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/stumper/archive/2008/09/24/on-davis-s-ties-to-freddie-mac-mccain-gets-boomeranged.aspx

"My major example was McCain's attacks on Obama for associating with former Fannie Mae CEO Jim Johnson. The problem? McCain's own campaign is swarming with 26 advisers or fundraisers who have lobbied or are currently lobbying for Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac--including campaign manager Rick Davis. When the New York Times reported Monday that Freddie Mac had previously paid an advocacy group run by Davis $30,000 a month until the end of 2005, the McCain campaign vehemently denied that Davis still had ties to the mortgage giant. In fact, Davis told reporters during a conference call that "it's been over three years since there's been any activity in this area and since I had any contact with those folks."

Unfortunately, that's not quite accurate. As NEWSWEEK's tireless investigative ace Mike Isikoff reports this morning, Freddie Mac also paid Davis's consulting and lobbying firm Davis Manafort a consulting fee of $15,000 a month starting in 2005--before Davis took a leave of absence to work on the McCain campaign--and ending only last month, when the U.S. government acquired the firm. (The New York Times has also posted a story on the payments.) Davis is still a partner and equity-holder in Davis Manafort, so he continues to benefit from its income. So far, Team McCain has attacked the messengers--as usual--but they haven't disputed the allegations, except to say Davis isn't profiting personally from Freddie Mac and therefore doesn't have, according to the Atlantic's Marc Ambinder, a "direct financial conflict of interest in helping McCain develop policy." But that ignores the larger issue: whether Freddie put Davis's firm on retainer--at Davis's request--because of Davis's relationship with McCain. "The story's not about profit," writes Ambinder. "It's about influence buying."

Woops!

"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2008, 11:38:18 AM »
http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/stumper/archive/2008/09/24/on-davis-s-ties-to-freddie-mac-mccain-gets-boomeranged.aspx

"My major example was McCain's attacks on Obama for associating with former Fannie Mae CEO Jim Johnson. The problem? McCain's own campaign is swarming with 26 advisers or fundraisers who have lobbied or are currently lobbying for Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac--including campaign manager Rick Davis. When the New York Times reported Monday that Freddie Mac had previously paid an advocacy group run by Davis $30,000 a month until the end of 2005, the McCain campaign vehemently denied that Davis still had ties to the mortgage giant. In fact, Davis told reporters during a conference call that "it's been over three years since there's been any activity in this area and since I had any contact with those folks."

Unfortunately, that's not quite accurate. As NEWSWEEK's tireless investigative ace Mike Isikoff reports this morning, Freddie Mac also paid Davis's consulting and lobbying firm Davis Manafort a consulting fee of $15,000 a month starting in 2005--before Davis took a leave of absence to work on the McCain campaign--and ending only last month, when the U.S. government acquired the firm. (The New York Times has also posted a story on the payments.) Davis is still a partner and equity-holder in Davis Manafort, so he continues to benefit from its income. So far, Team McCain has attacked the messengers--as usual--but they haven't disputed the allegations, except to say Davis isn't profiting personally from Freddie Mac and therefore doesn't have, according to the Atlantic's Marc Ambinder, a "direct financial conflict of interest in helping McCain develop policy." But that ignores the larger issue: whether Freddie put Davis's firm on retainer--at Davis's request--because of Davis's relationship with McCain. "The story's not about profit," writes Ambinder. "It's about influence buying."

Woops!

Keep trying.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2008, 11:40:48 AM »
Keep trying.

yeah, I could feel the squirming from here

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2008, 11:55:31 AM »
Keep trying.

It's pointless. Democrats will vote for Obama no matter what because he is promising them a bigger piece of the American pie. Or is it bread and circuses?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2008, 12:13:25 PM »
i don't know what all the fuss is about, everything is fine with fanny an freddy, barney frank said so and he should know, he heads the house committee that oversees the banks.  :rolleyes:

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2008, 12:28:53 PM »
i don't know what all the fuss is about, everything is fine with fanny an freddy, barney frank said so and he should know, he heads the house committee that oversees the banks.  :rolleyes:

Oh, that's so 2005, John!

Today the dipchit says we need to bail them out....essentially he's saying we need to bail HIM out from the mess he made. 

That's what I just don't understand......how people can be so stupid to even listen to anything he has to say.  I mean, we have video of him in 2004 saying everything was ok and now we see him on tv saying we need to get this bailout approved.

It's like me borrowing money from you, going to Vegas and losing all of it and then coming back to you and telling you that you HAVE to give me more money so I can give you back the money I borrowed from you in the first place!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2008, 12:34:03 PM »
lol.. Donzo.. you and Six are on the same team. Really.

It's like two guys, caught stealing the bus, are watching the two cops that bagged 'em arguing over which one of the two put the most mileage on it.

meanwhile, the thieves are slinking off under the cover of the heated debate.

This ain't a partisan failure.... both sides reached across the isle to rip us off and fill the lobbyists bag orders and make it easy for the CEO's get away with more buses full of taxpayer money.  

Pretty soon, there's gonna be nothin left but an empty parkin lot and we're gonna be lookin mighty foolish.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2008, 03:35:43 PM »
i would not be surprised if some day the military said "enough of this crap" and took over the govt.