Author Topic: Dear AKDejaVu  (Read 529 times)

slammer120

Dear AKDejaVu
« on: January 23, 2001, 05:41:00 PM »
I want to clear somethiing up here and try to prevent a totally unecessary argument between 2 people, those people being yourself and BEURLING. I am not BEURLING. I just started playing Aces High and you can find me flying Aces High under the ID of slam120. I guess I did start a flame war which is a first for me. I have been reading the message boards for a few months now because I was unable to actually play Aces High because I was travelling for work and only had a toejamty little laptop with something like a pentium negative one processor. A long time ago Paul Voss Hinds did a great disservice to me and my closest friends among many other people as well. I guess I had enough when I saw him posing as someone who knew what he was talking about and distracting the generally cool Aces High community from the posts of maybe one of the most knolwedgeable and generally cool world war two aviation authorities to ever post on these message boards, that person being WIDEWING. So call me a flame war starter, call me a dick, but if you want to be correct dont call me a BEURLING!

AKSeaWulfe

Dear AKDejaVu
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2001, 06:54:00 PM »
I always thought the screenshots from TAS were a little too good. I mean considering in that day the common CPU was, I believe a P166-- perhaps even slower--- and the common video card were 1st generation 3D cards. If you don't know your history, 1st generation 3D cards were the worst. Very little hardware support and with the supported effects, they were actually slower than running a software renderer. If you want to get an idea, go find yourself an S3 ViRGE DX and you'd get the idea! ;-) I believe the Voodoo1 was a second generation video card, and it was the best money could buy(next to the Rendition V2100 and V2200 chipsets, but those were barely supported using the Rendition RRedline which made it run faster than a V1 using GLIDE).

Anywho... I'm done now. :-)
-SW

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Dear AKDejaVu
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2001, 07:02:00 PM »
Slammer120,

Your first two posts over here speak volumes.

I don't really care what your past history is with Voss.  Whatever that was is between you two.  What I do notice is that it has biased you to the point that you blindly and ignorantly attack voss in this forum without him provoking you.

By ignorantly:

I am deeply sorry that my uncontrollable laughter (caused by Paul 'Voss' Hinds telling a real life <as opposed to totally phony> combat pilot 'how things work' with flying combat aircraft) caused me to mispell 'Gulf' as 'Guld'.

Who was the the combat pilot?  Widewing?  If that's what you think.. you'd better read a little more of that thread.

People are so willing to discredit voss that they continually perpetuate/start/re-hash any rumor that they can.  It is quite disgusting... and classless.

AKDejaVu

slammer120

Dear AKDejaVu
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2001, 07:19:00 PM »
Justing making sure you not blaming anoyne but me for my totally disdain of Voss Hinds.

slammer120

Dear AKDejaVu
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2001, 07:25:00 PM »
So Dejavu, just curious. What do you think of Voss Hinds? What do you know about the circumstances which I am speaking of? Voss is a lying sob who claimed to be a combat pilot and veteran of the second Gulf War. Do you deny this? Do you doubt it? Classless? Weren't you aircrew in the military? I'm sure you've had friends killed while serving. Doesn't what Voss did hit close to home with you? What I am accusing him of, what he was caught red handed doing, is in no way rumor, hearsay, etc. It is well documented and his lies were well verified to be lies by many people who did we he actually claimed to do. I don't really have a problem with you Dejavu, but your defense of Paul Voss Hinds puzzles me. I guess well just agree to disagree about the guy. I am not really on topic, so Ill give you that. But try to understand where myself and others are coming from in the case of Paul Voss Hinds.

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
Dear AKDejaVu
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2001, 07:43:00 PM »
It does no one on this board any good to blindly flame him just for the sake of spite, as it serves no purpose.  

That said however, I feel that like any good comunity, AH needs to let its members know when the snake oil salesman some into town.  How would you feel if you were defrauded, lied too, and threatened by someone and that person then moved into your NEW neighborhood.  I for one prefer to be warned, so long as those warnings are in a somewhat proffesional tone, and based on facts.

Paul Hinds Lied about T.A.S. a game that never was anything more than screenshots made in a graphics editor.

Paul Hinds Lied extensively about having a BS and a military career in the Air force, flying F-16's shooting down at least one enemy plane etc etc etc.

Paul Hinds did collect money based on his fraudulent credentials, and fraudulent sceenshots.  People did lose money.

Paul Hinds did lash out at those who he lied to, and to the best of my knowlege has never admited to the lies, frauds or deceptions (please post a link if I am mistaken).