Author Topic: Ohio's already holding the election???  (Read 759 times)

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
Re: Ohio's already holding the election???
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 09:29:53 AM »
How many states have register and vote the same day with a cell phone bill as proof of legitimacy as a voter?

I don't know but I bet Google does.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 09:32:25 AM »
Bet it's not too damn many. Phreakin' cell phone bill fer cod's sake. Mohammed Atta probably had a cell phone bill.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 09:33:09 AM »
I don't know but I bet Google does.
So now that you've dodged his question, I'll bring you around again...do you agree that its good practice to ONLY require a cell phone as proof of legitimacy to vote?

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 09:41:01 AM »
Should have to have a valid ID, the same kind of ID you need to get a job.

Btw I think they should alow voting over a weeked for an election,  Give the public 2-3 days to vote and block news stations from posting results untill after.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 09:47:39 AM »
Should have to have a valid ID, the same kind of ID you need to get a job.

As a green card holder never have been asked for ID ever in the 19 years that I have worked here.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 09:50:28 AM »
zing!

but seriously, voter fraud is horribly disenfranchising. 
Agreed not much of a democracy any place in the world if people cheat with either busing them in or writing code for voting machines.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 09:50:53 AM »
Lyric, have you tried to vote?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 09:52:37 AM »
Voting registration should require proof of residence, a social security card, and a photo ID driver's license (if you are not allowed to drive or do not drive, most, if not all states issues an ID type driver's license).

Voting itself should require the same thing.

The polls should open at 6AM and close at 9PM, local time.

The news should be strictly forbidden to report ANY returns OR exit polls, under penalty of permanent loss of broadcast license by ALL involved, until 12 hours AFTER the polls have been closed.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008, 09:59:18 AM »
So now that you've dodged his question, I'll bring you around again...do you agree that its good practice to ONLY require a cell phone as proof of legitimacy to vote?

Lemme bring you around ... I didn't dodge the question. I answered it by saying I didn't know, and suggested a way for him to find the answer.

If he wanted my opinion on whether the rule was a good idea, he should have asked. My comment about early voting was pertaining to the topic at hand (see thread title if you're still confused).

Now that we're all around ... for voting (once you're registered) I think it's fine to do it the way we do it here in God's country (Tennessee). For early voting, I usually just show my driver's license but we can provide a utility bill with our address and either show a document with our name and signature (e.g. SS card) *or* sign an affidavit of identity.

myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2008, 10:15:36 AM »
Lyric, have you tried to vote?
Nope can't not a citizen & have never tried.

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008, 10:17:27 AM »
As a green card holder never have been asked for ID ever in the 19 years that I have worked here.

Never been to a job where they did not ask me for bith Cert/ Social  or passport.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 10:23:00 AM »
Never been to a job where they did not ask me for bith Cert/ Social  or passport.
Pay roll always has asked for social security numbers after I have been hired, no one else though. They never ask for the green card even though by law they are supposed to. I give it to them every time as I am required.