Author Topic: Ohio's already holding the election???  (Read 760 times)

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
Ohio's already holding the election???
« on: September 30, 2008, 11:47:53 PM »
I just saw this, kind of made me stop for a minute...Ohio is holding their voting now?http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ohio_early_voting

I thought they had to wait till November like the rest of us...

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Re: Ohio's already holding the election???
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 12:36:32 AM »
I do find it suspicious with them doing that.

Article Two of the United States Constitution
The Congress may determine the Time of choosing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Curlew

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 12:57:15 AM »
0.o
It is I, Ens. Pulver! And I have just thrown your palm tree overboard!
Quote from: Helm
The best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Callsign---Curlew

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 02:35:27 AM »
didnt read the art but maybe its absentee balloting they are collecting.  They are not supposed to open/reveal the vote until that date specified by law. 

I voted in my mind months ago.  Just need to put it on the ballot and mail it in.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 03:21:16 AM »
Yes they are here in Ohio they are trying to avoid what happened last time long lines not enough voting machines people didn't get to vote etc etc. Get in early avoid the rush.

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 05:44:30 AM »
Perfectly understandable.  It takes a lot of time for ACORN to organize the "vote early and often" crowd.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 06:39:33 AM »
didnt read the art but maybe its absentee balloting they are collecting.  They are not supposed to open/reveal the vote until that date specified by law. 

I voted in my mind months ago.  Just need to put it on the ballot and mail it in.

It is not an absentee ballot but a one stop register/vote movement the dems are pushing.
They are sending buses to homeless shelters to pick up voters .. there is no way to verify anything - the votes count just like a regular vote, not an absentee vote which is only counted if it is a close race..

voter fraud in the making - the dems want to win by hook or crook.... gotta love what they are doing to this country and its morals
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 07:23:52 AM »
It is not an absentee ballot but a one stop register/vote movement the dems are pushing.
They are sending buses to homeless shelters to pick up voters .. there is no way to verify anything - the votes count just like a regular vote, not an absentee vote which is only counted if it is a close race..

voter fraud in the making - the dems want to win by hook or crook.... gotta love what they are doing to this country and its morals
Dems have the homeless Repubs have Diebold. I wonder who can manipulate the score easier here in Ohio?

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 07:34:52 AM »
Dems have the homeless Repubs have Diebold. I wonder who can manipulate the score easier here in Ohio?

zing!

but seriously, voter fraud is horribly disenfranchising. 
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 08:00:12 AM »
vote early, vote often.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 08:22:58 AM »
Just show up with a cell phone bill and you're good to go. I mean, what greater proof of US citizenship/Ohio residency can there be?

Best part is they don't have to bother with all that pesky "registered for 30 days before casting a ballot" law stuff.

The Supreme Court was ruling on a petition [case materials] filed by voters who alleged that Ohio law required a voter to be registered for 30 days before casting a ballot. Although the court has not yet released an opinion explaining its reasoning, it concluded that voters must be registered 30 days before the election, rather than 30 days before applying for or completing an absentee ballot.

Yeah, yah gotta be careful explaining the reason the law is not the law. It can come back to bite ya.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 08:48:48 AM »

That's not true.  These people are registering and then casting their absentee ballot at the same time.  Ohio's absentee ballot system has gotten out of control.  It is estimated that as many as 25% of the Ohio voters will vote by absentee this year.

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 09:06:17 AM »
Over 1/2 the states have some form of early voting.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 09:27:05 AM »
How many states have register and vote the same day with a cell phone bill as proof of legitimacy as a voter?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 09:27:18 AM »
How about my state, Tennessee, and their "motor voter" law?
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe