Author Topic: Drill Now Act from Senator Jim DeMint  (Read 1093 times)

Offline CHECKERS

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/1502/index.html
Re: Drill Now Act from Senator Jim DeMint
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 04:42:24 PM »
well i guess there is no sense in drilling then, we might as well keep buying foreign oil. :rolleyes

3 Company's  ...
  Could have the necessarily resources to be  drilling at the drop of a hat ....

Baker Hughes Inc. Located in Huston Texas
   Schlumber Ltd.     Located in Huston Texas
   Halliburton           Located in Huston Texas .......

Originally posted by Panman
God the BK's are some some ugly mo-fo's. Please no more pictures, I'm going blind Bet your mothers don't even love ya cause u'all sooooooooo F******* ulgy.

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 04:49:04 PM »
well i guess there is no sense in drilling then, we might as well keep buying foreign oil. :rolleyes

3 Company's  ...
  Could have the necessarily resources to be  drilling at the drop of a hat ....

Baker Hughes Inc. Located in Huston Texas
   Schlumber Ltd.     Located in Huston Texas
   Halliburton           Located in Huston Texas .......

possibly - if they decide to shutdown their current operations and move them, or convert natural gas drilling operations to oil exporation, not fiscally responsible to their stockholders - won't happen.
Deep water drilling - no equipment available and years to wait. Libya and Brazil have those reserved already - Libyan investment group and its partners - including Haliburton,,, weird science is afoot

Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline red26

• Silver Member
      • http://www.red25s.zoomshare.com
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 05:20:22 PM »
 :lol There are plenty of company's that can be drilling on the drop of a hat in the west. A company I used to work for called Pattersons UTI Drilling can have a rig up at almost 3 days within getting a notice and permit to drill. Same as Nabors Drilling these are all land rigs. I have worked for most of my life in the Oil Field besides 4 yrs in the service and 1 1/2 years in Security. I work in the oil field now. Its funny that they say it takes 5 years for gas and or oil to hit the market for consumers because the longest Ive ever seen it take is 1 year tops right after the rigs drill a new well 1 month later we are fracking it then all you need to do is transport or hook up plumbing to transport the gas and or oil. I say drill and drill some more. And I don't say that because I'm in the oil field because my job can be done wether they drill or not anytime there is a refrack we are there. But drilling will help us out in getting the price's down. and provide more work for our economy. Oh and I work for  Pinnacle Technologies http://pinntech.com/<-- for thouse that would like to see what we do. :salute
US ARMY LEAD THE WAY

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 05:35:34 PM »
Lots of wind here in the NE, lots of small islands to harness that wind. Too bad the rich don't want the view to be spoiled from their coastal mansions and yachts

Wasn’t your favorite senator Ted “Vehicular homicide” Kennedy against it cause it made his favorite vacation spot… ugly?

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 06:56:41 PM »
possibly - if they decide to shutdown their current operations and move them, or convert natural gas drilling operations to oil exporation, not fiscally responsible to their stockholders - won't happen.
Deep water drilling - no equipment available and years to wait. Libya and Brazil have those reserved already - Libyan investment group and its partners - including Haliburton,,, weird science is afoot

Imagine that.  Haliburton rears its' head up again.   I wouldn't say I'm shocked or even surprised..... Not when the current VP has done so much for them..... unreal. 
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 07:14:35 PM »
I was listening to an interview the other day--guy said EVERY drilling permit in Alaskan waters ever approved was stopped by environmental groups, tied up in courts...I'm thinking he said 487, but that many actual permits doesnt seem plausible. Cant find web source
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 07:16:55 PM »
oh noes not hallyburton, i would rather pay the arabs $200 a barrel than hire hallyburton.  :rolleyes:

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 10:01:03 PM »
Imagine that.  Haliburton rears its' head up again.   I wouldn't say I'm shocked or even surprised..... Not when the current VP has done so much for them..... unreal. 

You should get over it.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008, 10:20:39 PM »
Look, Haliburton has been around since 1919 and they, like any other energy company has done both good and bad.  The thing is, they COULD be part of the solution here.  Personally I don't care if it is haliburton or sears & roebuck that gets the oil and natural gas out of the ground in a timely manner, I just care that it gets DONE.  We are in deep trouble, the quickest way to affect normal, everyday people is to make the cost of running their vehicles cheaper, to make the delivery of their food cheaper...

The lower your income, the more the quadrupling of gas prices since 2002 has hurt you, at the pump and at the grocery store.

And with that being said, we need about 50 new nuclear plants, more CNG filling stations and incentives to switch to CNG.  I think CNG (considering its' abundance) could be a critical, nearly painless, stopgap, (combined with oil drilling and coal) we need to give us time to develop the nuclear plants, hydrogen technology, new generation solar and other sources that are now considered 'alternatives'. 

Let's keep the damned pressure on them to get these things done.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Jappa52

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2008, 10:28:50 PM »
what is a "jackboot"?

the kind of boots the soldiers are wearing in this picture.

of course they will not say that this is not the kind of jackboot they were refering too but...

ATTAQUEZET CONQUEREZ
8TH FIGHTER GROUP

Jappa52- 36th FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends