Author Topic: Obama tramples the First Amendment  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Slamfire

• Nickel Member
Obama tramples the First Amendment
« on: October 01, 2008, 02:23:18 PM »
Obama's campaign is now threatening to sue media outlets who run negative ads about him:
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=4192

Unreal... :mad:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Air Chief Marshal, Elite Top Aces

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Re: Obama tramples the First Amendment
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 02:26:39 PM »
Just big bro looking out for you.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 02:27:22 PM »
Is there a mainstream media outlet that doesn't don their knee pads and put on their chapstick when they hear he is around?

lazs

Offline Slamfire

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 02:30:27 PM »
More heavy-handed Chairman Obama tactics: "The Truth Squad" (jackbooted association of Sheriffs and Prosecutors):
http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=76438
http://www.kmov.com/video/topvideo-index.html?nvid=285793&shu=1

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 02:31:46 PM »
Are there more sources to these claims? I mean, I am an NRA member, but they are so right of Fox News that I'd like a more neutral source reporting these allegations.

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 02:36:29 PM »
I have been hearing a buzz about osamabamas brownshirts... errr i mean 'truth squads' for awhile now.... going 'googling'!
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 02:37:44 PM »
I have yet to find anything the NRA reports to be an outright lie.   They like to quote out of context from time to time is all I have found.   Still..  I agree.. it is good to have a backup.

The good news is that the NRA has like 4 million members and maybe 30 million sympathizers.

lazs

Offline sirvlad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 02:39:36 PM »
I heard Obama just lost the black vote..he promised everyone jobs if he`s elected.

Offline Slamfire

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 02:40:40 PM »
Just big bro looking out for you.

You mean Big 'Brah  :lol

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 02:41:08 PM »
From Missouri's Governor:

Governor Matt Blunt of Missouri released the following statement concerning certain law enforcement officials in Missouri who have formed "Truth Squads" to intimidate and threaten critics of Barack Obama:

"St. Louis County Circuit Attorney Bob McCulloch, St. Louis City Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce, Jefferson County Sheriff Glenn Boyer, and Obama and the leader of his Missouri campaign Senator Claire McCaskill have attached the stench of police state tactics to the Obama-Biden campaign.

"What Senator Obama and his helpers are doing is scandalous beyond words, the party that claims to be the party of Thomas Jefferson is abusing the justice system and offices of public trust to silence political criticism with threats of prosecution and criminal punishment.

"This abuse of the law for intimidation insults the most sacred principles and ideals of Jefferson. I can think of nothing more offensive to Jefferson's thinking than using the power of the state to deprive Americans of their civil rights. The only conceivable purpose of Messrs. McCulloch, Obama and the others is to frighten people away from expressing themselves, to chill free and open debate, to suppress support and donations to conservative organizations targeted by this anti-civil rights, to strangle criticism of Mr. Obama, to suppress ads about his support of higher taxes, and to choke out criticism on television, radio, the Internet, blogs, e-mail and daily conversation about the election.

"Barack Obama needs to grow up. Leftist blogs and others in the press constantly say false things about me and my family. Usually, we ignore false and scurrilous accusations because the purveyors have no credibility. When necessary, we refute them. Enlisting Missouri law enforcement to intimidate people and kill free debate is reminiscent of the Sedition Acts - not a free society."
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 02:42:47 PM »
I heard Obama just lost the black vote..he promised everyone jobs if he`s elected.

he just got 'em back.. he clarified that the new jobs for his disadvantaged black constituents will be at the IRS.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Dos Equis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 02:45:52 PM »
I read the cease and desist letter from Obama's lawyers. It's here:

http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/ObamaLetterNRAAd.pdf

A cease and desist letter is not an infringement on the first amendment, wingnuts.

In fact, Fox News sent one to McCain - because they were using a Fox correspondent's voice without permission:

http://www.politico.com/static/PPM106_080919_mccain_ad.html

The Obama lawyer cites a FCC court ruling that airing an ad that is false and misleading with knowledge of that, is the basis for the FCC to remove the license to broadcast.

It's like if Obama ran an ad that said that McCain drinks the blood of African children every night before bed, and the television station wouldn't stop airing it.

You can whine that not being able to lie on tv infringes your right to free speech. You would be wrong, but you can have cheese with that whine.

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 02:46:36 PM »
From NBC about osamabama truth squad hotline during the SC primary in JANUARY 08:

The Obama campaign held a conference call to announce the South Carolina Truth Squad “to respond forcefully” to “the incredible distortions that are coming from the Clinton campaign in particular and our desire to set the record straight,” said former Sen. Tom Daschle, an Obama supporter, from Greenville, S.C., where Obama is expected to speak at Furman College later today.

Daschle cited that “Bill Clinton this morning again” was distorting Obama’s record on the war and what Obama had said about Republicans.

“Over and over again,” Daschle said, “we find the Clinton campaign has made an overt effort to distort his [Obama’s] record.”

The campaign also announced a hotline (877-622-6228) for supporters to call if they get robo-calls or negative mailers, which the campaign has said happened in Iowa, New Hampshire and alluded to it now taking place in South Carolina.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 02:52:03 PM »
Bill Clinton on Obamas campaign trail today said the Wall Street banks the bailout plan would save no longer exist. So I guess that means Congress can go on voting no on the bailout. That is good news!  :aok
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Slamfire

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 02:53:54 PM »
A cease and desist letter is not an infringement on the first amendment, wingnuts.

Making intimidating threats to pull FCC licenses is.  So is using the police and local prosecutors to intimidate people who speak against your messiah.

I guess we're seeing the beginnings of Chairman Obama's planned Stasi-like "C.N.S.F." force in action.