Author Topic: Bongoroo may be on the right track!  (Read 350 times)

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
Bongoroo may be on the right track!
« on: October 03, 2008, 02:57:20 AM »
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/world/cannabis-less-harmful-than-smoking-drinking/2008/10/03/1222651302818.html
Seems weed isn't the big bad it's cracked up to be ;)
Then again I have always maintained it's not the weed that does the damage but the often associated lifestyle.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Re: Bongoroo may be on the right track!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 08:42:28 AM »
Yep.. the damage it does is all in how it retards emotional growth and the fact that it is a..   well.. a drug.  While on pot.. people are weak and stupid and paranoid.   It is perfect drug for the masses.

I have no problem with making it legal but I think all drugs should be legal.. sell em by the pound at safeway for 10 bucks.

How much $10 a pound heroin would all you guys buy?

lazs

Offline JAGED

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 08:47:04 AM »
"I post facts.   If I post anything thats not a fact, I ask if people know whether it is fact or drivel first..."    SkyRock (ROFL LMFAO)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 09:10:44 AM »
Nice sig Jaged.   :rock

:rofl

Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline JAGED

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 09:25:40 AM »
"I post facts.   If I post anything thats not a fact, I ask if people know whether it is fact or drivel first..."    SkyRock (ROFL LMFAO)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 02:16:42 PM »
I don't think anything should be legal or illegal based on how many or few willing users are killed by it.

Now.. if you are talking about how many users have killed while using it..  there is where you can add some punishment..   I seriously believe that thousands of car wrecks a year are caused by pot heads as are other deaths.. this would of course increase with increased or legal pot smoking....

No big deal.. just punish the offenders accordingly.   Still no reason to take away individual rights.

lazs

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 03:06:46 PM »
I don't think anything should be legal or illegal based on how many or few willing users are killed by it.

Now.. if you are talking about how many users have killed while using it..  there is where you can add some punishment..   I seriously believe that thousands of car wrecks a year are caused by pot heads as are other deaths.. this would of course increase with increased or legal pot smoking....

No big deal.. just punish the offenders accordingly.   Still no reason to take away individual rights.

lazs

Agreed.

Dear God, what is happening to me?

Offline Fangio

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 03:21:19 PM »

How much $10 a pound heroin would all you guys buy?

lazs

None. 

But,  honestly,  If drugs were legalized I really doubt anyone would be buying heroin.  If drugs were legal, I think the pharmaceutical companies would quickly devise much better drugs than that. By that I mean they would be profit motivated to develop drugs with an excellent buzz but with less physical addiction qualities and FAR easier application methods.  Needles suck.  A pill is better.

A better example of a drug nobody would buy if drugs were legal is methamphetamine.  Meth is big because it is cheap and relatively easy to make from relatively easy to obtain raw materials. Thus its popularity is driven by the fact that it is illegal. But if drugs were legal and cheap....  then why do a drug like Meth with all the clearly negative aspects? There would be far better drugs available....  drugs that are more complicated to make, require a sophisticated lab and manufacturing but are less destructive and dangerous to the body while offering a similar buzz.  In other words.. the marketplace would very quickly offer up a product FAR superior to crap like Meth.

As for me,  if drugs were legal I might smoke some week from time to time... maybe,  but I could care less about doing anything harder.  Been there, done that and have no desire to pretend I am 22 again.

Fang

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 04:26:37 PM »
Doesn't marijuana cause you to become vegetable? 

Your mind becomes dull. 
You can no longer analyze.
You will have difficulty learning.

Offline JAGED

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 04:42:33 PM »

Your mind becomes dull. 

No. No. No, and No!

So, you are saying that all of the professionals out there that do smoke, like doctors, lawyers, IT professionals (analytical skills required), etc., are all vegetables?  What about all the college grads (learning)? :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 05:20:12 PM »

Your mind becomes dull. 

Yeah maybe thats why software has so many bugs...

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 10:58:46 AM »
any job you can do on pot you can do better without it.   well.. ok... only 99.9999% of em.

those with addictive personalities would buy drugs at any price..  the only plus to $10 a pound hard drugs is that  the aholes won't do $1500 damage to your car to get your camera or stereo and the $20 it will get em.

The cities won't be spending 80% of their budget on "health and safety" (police and fire).  the whole economy will be better off without the "war on drugs"

Most workplaces are drug free.. they would remain so if drugs were cheap.. that is the real issue.. simply allow employers to drug test and make them accountable for damage caused by drugged employees and the problem goes away...

Want to make a living?  you won't be doing drugs.   It is a non problem except for teens who.. will catch on.

Illegals.. end the stupid war on drugs and you will send millions of illegals home.  or.. they...  those left..will get into other forms of violent crime and be wiped out.

It would be ugly for a while but it would get much better.. It would have no choice.. we created the problem.. like prohibition.. and we will have to uncreate it.

lazs