Author Topic: Jets!  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Jets!
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2008, 09:53:06 AM »
Angus,

The post war Yak-3 with a VK-107 engine would be superior.  The wartime Yak-3 with a VK-105 engine would be more agile, but slower than our VK-107 powered Yak-9U.

I wasn't saying that there are no aircraft left to be added that won't be hangar queens in the MA that also played a significant part in WWII, just that those are a pretty small fraction of the number of aircraft yet to be added.

Perk planes such as the A-26, B-29, Meteor Mk III and Mosquito B.Mk XVI are kind of forced into being semi-hangar queens at best (Tempest Mk V, Me262, F4U-1C) and true hangar queens at worst (Spitfire Mk XIV, Ar234, F4U-4, Ta152 prior to unperking) so I don't really count those.  Once you remove the aircraft that will be perked from the list it gets quite short indeed and is mostly low production Axis bombers.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2008, 10:42:52 AM »
He111 is a slow piece of junk that would get ripped to shreds in the MA. The only possible use for it would be scenarios, which is a very small return for the effort invested in developing the artwork and flight model.

Not all of us need the latest and greatest "competitive" rides to have fun.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2008, 11:07:45 AM »
I don't agree that the aircraft left to be modeled would only be useful for scenarios.

German:
Do 217 (anti-ship missiles?) One of the few.
He 177 Absolute disaster as a warplane, had no effect on the war.  Falls under my description.
109G-10 Inferior to the Bf109K-4 and introduced after the Bf109K-4.
190A-6 (like an A-5 but with better armament) Saying it is like the Fw190A-5 isn't really putting it out of my criteria.  How many A-5s you see in the MA?
Ju 87G (Heck yeah I would use this to bust tanks) Would see low usage compared to the Il-2.  The 6 round clips would stop people.

British:
Spitfire XII ~100 built, falls under my description
Mosquito XVI Another one of the few, you are up to two.

Russian:
Pe-2 Here is a third
Yak-3 Inferior performance to the Yak-9U, small clip would make it a specialty fighter.
Tu-2 This would work.
Pe-8 (4 engine bomber with 20mm defensive armament) Very few built, falls under my description.

Japanese:
Ki-100 Think of this as a Ki-61,except slower....
J2M5 American test pilots liked it a lot, Japanese pilots not so much.  Maybe viable, maybe not.

Italian
P.108 I cannot begin to comprehend how you think this thing doesn't fall under the description I gave.

I was going by the Ta-152 for a standard because it's already in the game (don't know why it's there before others, but there ya go).
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2008, 11:38:10 AM »
I was going by the Ta-152 for a standard because it's already in the game (don't know why it's there before others, but there ya go).

The He177 was one of the best bombers of ww2 after the problems were ironed out so you better edit that.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2008, 12:26:26 PM »
The He177 was one of the best bombers of ww2 after the problems were ironed out so you better edit that.
The problems were never ironed out.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2008, 12:28:12 PM »
The LW guys named it "sarg" or "brennende sarg", which means "coffin" or "burning coffin".
and edit...The He 177's problems would not be in AH......
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 12:36:18 PM by Angus »
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)