Author Topic: OJ Simpson verdict reached  (Read 1612 times)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Re: OJ Simpson verdict reached
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2008, 03:16:48 PM »
OJ will be a hero in prison, every inmate and guard will want his autograph.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2008, 04:51:33 PM »
This may turn into a real life longest yard!!!!

OJ busts one up the middle...cuts right spins and is in for the touchdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2008, 04:57:36 PM »
he will get 5 years and be out in 3.

If he's real lucky he will spend only 15 years inside. The problem he has is the presence of the gun. When you add a gun charge to a kidnapping charge, and a robbery charge, you have a real problem. The kidnapping charge alone could put him in a cage for the rest of his life but he was also convicted of assault, robbery, conspiracy...ect.

The thing is the presence of the guns will force even a Judge who loves him to give a stiff sentence. And I doubt this Judge loves him. He was convicted of 2 kidnapping charges alone, each having a mandatory 15 years to life. Add the gun with it and each count can have an additional 1 to 20 years added. 2 counts of robbery, each having a mandatory 2 to 15 years in prison. Add the gun to each of those and add on 1 to 15 years for each count.

Felony Burglary which when a weapon is added can get you 2 to 15 years. 2 felony assault convictions, felony coercion, 2 felony conspiracies, a misdemeanor conspiracy conviction. They not only threw the book at OJ they also found him guilty of every charge.

And he's 61yo now? They might let him out when he's dieing of some incurable disease. Maybe! But except for that OJ Simpson is never going to see the light of day again as a free man. This isn't LA, or Chicago, or Judge Judy. This is Nevada and they actually make prisoners sit in a cage a long, long time when convicted. OJ Simpson is thru!
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2008, 05:24:48 PM »
wonder how they were able to seat an all white jury with the majority women..unless they were planning on bringing that up in an appeal all along
glad he finally gets to spend time behind bars
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2008, 10:12:48 PM »
All I can say is, about squealing time, this guy killed 2 people and has been walking the streets free for 13 years, and then to top off his arrogance, last year he writes a book about, if he did commit the crime, this is how I did it, unbelievable, atleast the Goldman family got it stopped from hitting book selves.  I bet the Goldman and Brown families are both having huge parties today, I'm glad that they atleast now get to see some form of punishment for this guy. 
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2008, 10:16:53 PM »
they got Al Capone on tax evasion. Same result.

Rodney King still has his card in black.

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2008, 10:33:46 PM »
on the anniversary of the original acquittal.

irony and karma.

finally sucks to be him. 

Synchronicity

Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events which are causally unrelated occurring together in a meaningful manner.

That about sums it up.
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2008, 10:47:40 PM »
"But District Attorney David Roger argued that ownership was not a defense to robbery."

I don't like this. If someone steals from me, why should I wait for the government to go get it back for me? I should be able to go get it back, and if he tries to stop me I should be able to shoot him.

And if I take it back I robbed him?

Sorry, but I back OJ on this one, he should have shot them on principle.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2008, 10:56:10 PM »
What does Mike Vick have for breakfast?

Toast,juice and a little OJ on the side.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2008, 10:59:49 PM »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 11:11:16 PM by mietla »

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2008, 11:03:41 PM »
by all means shoot the masker, and (important point) shoot the masker DEAD.

yeah, I hear you can't get in big trouble if you don't kill him

And law shmaw, I still say it's not robbery if it's my stuff!
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2008, 11:07:25 PM »
Bye, Skuzzy

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2008, 11:39:06 PM »
yeah, I hear you can't get in big trouble if you don't kill him

And law shmaw, I still say it's not robbery if it's my stuff!
It's because the laws don't support vigilante justice, we all have to work with in the rules of law, no matter if you think that your in the right.  We have the police to handle these things for us, that's what our tax dollars pay for.

No matter how much you think that your in the right, and your just getting your things back, that doesn't give you the legal right to go there with guns and take your things back.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2008, 08:21:54 AM »
It's because the laws don't support vigilante justice, we all have to work with in the rules of law, no matter if you think that your in the right.  We have the police to handle these things for us, that's what our tax dollars pay for.

No matter how much you think that your in the right, and your just getting your things back, that doesn't give you the legal right to go there with guns and take your things back.

I don't care what the law says, you are not robbing him if it's your stuff

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2008, 08:29:05 AM »
I don't care what the law says, you are not robbing him if it's your stuff
Great... now just get the guys with the badges and guns to agree with you.
See Rule #4