Author Topic: OJ Simpson verdict reached  (Read 1614 times)

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: OJ Simpson verdict reached
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2008, 08:40:53 AM »
"But District Attorney David Roger argued that ownership was not a defense to robbery."

I don't like this. If someone steals from me, why should I wait for the government to go get it back for me? I should be able to go get it back, and if he tries to stop me I should be able to shoot him.

And if I take it back I robbed him?

Sorry, but I back OJ on this one, he should have shot them on principle.

Me too.  I think OJ was actually in the right on this case.  The dude had all of OJs merchandise and equipment.  OJ went in and got it back before it could be sold.  This is just a grand example of how horrible our courts are (murderer found not guilty when he truly was guilty, found guilty of robbery when he was truly innocent).

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2008, 09:55:07 AM »
The state of Florida, at least, does provide for recovery of owned possessions.  this is why vehicles can be lawfully repossessed from a parking spot.

where OJ went wrong was commiting the crimes of armed robbery and kidnapping in the attempt to recover the property.  by law, you can't do that. 
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2008, 11:36:16 AM »
The kidnapping charge was a stretch - and the appeal will be based on that
The gun involved is what got him in real trouble, if he doesn't get the charges for anything on appeal reversed, he will die in prison, and he deserves that, he was guilty of the first crime.
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2008, 11:39:35 AM »
OJ went in there with a couple of amateurs as his backup, had he popped a grand or so for some pro's he would have gotten his stuff and nothing would have come of it.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2008, 11:44:35 AM »
newbie.. you are aware that at the time of the original murders..  80% of whites thought OJ was guilty while almost the same amount of negros thought he was not.

I do find it refreshing and somewhat hope inspiring tho that now.. a recent poll shows that almost twice as many negros now believe he was guilty of the original murders.

Some of the racism that negros hold against whites may be going away.

lazs

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2008, 02:07:16 PM »
First mistake he made was being in the same state at the time they did it.
Worst case scenario, hire a couple pro's and make dang sure you have an iron clad alibi.

Second was bringing a gun.

Third was trying to do an end run around the law, not putting his lawyers to work.

Just because it "had been" OJ's at one point does not mean it legally still was.
And if it was all he had to do was get his lawyers and the cops involved.

He was stupid, greedy, and arrogant, and he's going to pay the price.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2008, 02:29:25 PM »
The whole thing was he was wheeling and dealing under the radar to try and keep the cash out of the hands of the Goldman family and in his own. So he was circumventing the law to begin with. The guy he robbed said he bought the stuff legally. One of the items involved was the suit OJ wore the day he was acquitted of murdering his ex and that poor kid. Can you imagine this low life wanted his suit back so he can sell it himself, again under the radar so he wouldn't have to pay the family of the kid he chopped up? And can you imagine somebody would actually buy it?

Thats why OJ didn't want the cops or lawyers involved. He was making good money on the side selling this stuff and he didn't want any record of it. I'm kinda surprised the "G" hasn't gone after him yet for income tax evasion. Or that civil court judge hasn't issued a warrant on him.

"Stupid" and "greedy" doesn't even begin to describe this guy. Boy talk about some "Pulp Fiction" stuff? :lol But the look on his face when those guilty verdicts were read, and when the Sheriff was cuffing him and leading him away?? Those looks were priceless. He may be "stupid" but hes not stupid enough to not recognize his own stupidity.

Beat a double murder and still end up dieing in a cage over the suit you wore when you beat the murder charge?? Now THAT is precious. :rofl
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2008, 09:48:41 PM »
newbie.. you are aware that at the time of the original murders..  80% of whites thought OJ was guilty while almost the same amount of negros thought he was not.

I do find it refreshing and somewhat hope inspiring tho that now.. a recent poll shows that almost twice as many negros now believe he was guilty of the original murders.

lazs

yeah I remember
But I also remember that the "pundits" were putting in the equation that the black population had a very convinced attitude that OJ was "framed", a very common attitude in black America about police. I think his continuance to be the arrogant stupid man he is, can convince anyone that he was full of it. What was surprising to me and many people I remember talking to at that time, the support from black women, he had committed the ultimate slap in the face to "Black Women", by marrying a white blond attractive woman, and he was still getting all that support.
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2008, 10:02:25 PM »
Me too.  I think OJ was actually in the right on this case.  The dude had all of OJs merchandise and equipment.  OJ went in and got it back before it could be sold.  This is just a grand example of how horrible our courts are (murderer found not guilty when he truly was guilty, found guilty of robbery when he was truly innocent).

Law is the Law and he broke it. Nevada law is differant than other places. He was stupid....and found guilty. F him. Why don't ya go riot in the streets over it. :rolleyes:
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2008, 10:09:02 PM »
OJ went in there with a couple of amateurs as his backup, had he popped a grand or so for some pro's he would have gotten his stuff and nothing would have come of it.

shamus

:aok

He pulled a quick, sloppy stick up and got what most people get when it brings negative media attention to Vegas.  Anything and everything the DA can throw at 'em.
http://www.flamewarriors.net    Here kitty kitty...

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2008, 10:37:30 PM »
Oj is going to do just fine in prison.  I'm willing to bet that his life is genuinely fulfilling behind bars and he will write a book saying just that.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2008, 07:19:24 AM »

lazs

ah, if obamaman loses in Nov, I  think you will see that this may not be as true as you and I sometimes think/hoped for....
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2008, 07:38:07 AM »
Where is he going to be serving his prison term?
If its outside of Fla. doesnt that mean all his remaining assets are now vulnerable to the families of his last victims?
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2008, 07:41:59 AM »

lazs

If not for Mark Fuhrman, he would have been found guilty, imo. He was pointed to as the reason for doubt by most jurors.

"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2008, 07:50:18 AM »
ah, if obamaman loses in Nov, I  think you will see that this may not be as true as you and I sometimes think/hoped for....

I think you're right.  If he loses and the riots spill over into the rural areas (where people cling to their guns and religion), we could find ourselves tumbling down that proverbial slippery slope.  If Barry wins and is assassinated, we would instantly be thrust to the bottom of that slope.  I am prepared for whatever outcome.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 09:33:05 AM by sluggish »