Author Topic: X52 loses calibration often  (Read 12450 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: X52 loses calibration often
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2008, 10:30:47 AM »
All of my X52 problems were solved by giving it enough consistant power.  Buy a powered USB hub to get the most out of the joystick.

have one...not helping
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2008, 11:20:24 AM »
Banshee I went down the same road. Apparently USB power hubs vary in output. You want a constant 5.0 v input. Belkin seems to be the hub of choice. I used a GE hub and it made things worse.

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2008, 07:24:29 PM »

Going through that isn't what I would call flawless.  The point here is that you shouldn't have to do this every time that you enter the game, I don't haven't had to in the three years that Ive had my X52.  The only problems Ive ever had were when I was trying to use the SST software and the magic mouse on the throttle.  Once I completely removed the SST and the registry entries above Ive never had to recalibrate it again. 

Not the answer to my question. Like I asked, anybody try it?

My stick works fine with in game calibration. I still chose to do both.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 07:26:17 PM by drdeathx »
See Rule #6

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2008, 08:19:21 AM »
have one...not helping

Like Max said... I was going to ask about your hub too. By powered hub we mean a hub that has a transformer pack that plugs into the wall for 110v as well as plugs into the computer. Some hubs just plug into the computer and use the power from the computer power supply which really doesn't do anything but give you more USB ports to plug into. I too have a Belkin powered hub, but mine is for my CH set. All three (stick, throttle, and pedals) are plugged into it as well as the cable for my camera. A steady 5 volts is what you need today to run these hi-tech sticks and such.

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2008, 10:31:32 AM »
The originator of this thread(Banshee) already bought a external powerd USB hub and still has the problem.. I am curious if Banshee or anyone actually tried windows calibration just to see if they had any results.

Like I mentioned earlier, in Nascar sims, our controllers worked "OK" with no windows calibration. We did some experimentaion with the logitech profiler. Aces High really has no "Measuring Stick" to see if a "Pre-Windows" calibration actually makes and difference if any. There is no "Reason To The Rhyme" here.

With Nascar Sims we noticed a few things:

• Controller would not lose calibration
  • Lap times decreased dramatically

We actually had a measuring stick with lap times. On some tracks it was as much as .5 seconds. We also noticed a few more things. We held the yellow line much smoother which probably related to quicker lap times. Also, on Super Speedways such as Daytona and Talledega, bump drafting behind another car was at least 15% smoother which again, helped lap times.

I run a Saitek X52 and when I started playing sometimes I could not get an accurate calibration(plane shakey and having a hard time aiming) in game so I decided to calibrate with my Saitek Profiler and calibrate in game. Boom perfection. I was running an old Athalon 3000 at the time with 300W PSU so maybey it was USB hub?? I do not know but the theory worked. I still do it with my new computer and swear by it.

I recommended this to about 10 guys and they used the technique or theory and it worked perfect for them. So in end, before recommending a USB HUB try the windows calibration and in game. It looks like others have this problem by reading the responses. Banshee bought a USB hub and still has the problem. As far as registration entries, this is the first I have heard of it. I am running original drivers that came with X52. It seems this would be the easiest thing to try before goin to spend more money.

I calibrate in game alone and my computer/game works fine. It is not like most of us have to calibrate in windows, I just have been doing it for years with all my various controllers.

Please give it a try.

Death
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 10:48:42 AM by drdeathx »
See Rule #6

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2008, 12:41:59 PM »
yes i have an externally powered hub.  And no...i can't calibrate in windows.  There is not an option ANYwhere that I can find for calibrating my X52 in windows....I was very confused as to why not; there was always an option to calibrate in windows with my older sticks
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2008, 01:52:19 PM »
Bansheroo, there is a profiler that comes with Saitek software. You may not have installed it. Keep a look here I will find it as I am at work. Should not take more than a few minutes. Knucklehead, I told you over a year ago to do this. I bet it will remedy your problem.

Death

BRB
See Rule #6

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2008, 01:53:57 PM »
Bansheroo, there is a profiler that comes with Saitek software. You may not have installed it. Keep a look here I will find it as I am at work. Should not take more than a few minutes. Knucklehead, I told you over a year ago to do this. I bet it will remedy your problem.

Death

BRB

i havent even had the stick but for 9 months  :P
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2008, 02:00:36 PM »
Close to a year lol... here is link:

http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php
See Rule #6

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2008, 03:31:09 PM »
banshee,...programs/saitek/control panel. this is were you turn off led's and calibrate in windows.

I told you about the hub,reread what "Max" said!!! and check hub specs.

Looks like I need a better hub aswell,still having issues booting with it plugged in..... :uhoh

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2009, 03:53:38 PM »
I wonder if a pci USB port card would help this issue???

Falcon23

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2009, 10:28:20 PM »
I wonder if a pci USB port card would help this issue???

Falcon23

I wouldn't think so. Your adding more ports, but not any more power. If the lack of power is the issue, then it will still be there.

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2009, 10:39:33 PM »
It's quite funny.I suggested using Saitek software(control panel) and Banshee has yet to try it. It works. You guys keep insisting it is USB hub. The control panel "Theory" is easy and quick. When troubleshooting computer issues, it is wise to try easiest and painless ideas 1st. By no means am I suggesting this is the solution. Just give it a run.
See Rule #6

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2009, 07:57:20 AM »
It's quite funny.I suggested using Saitek software(control panel) and Banshee has yet to try it. It works. You guys keep insisting it is USB hub. The control panel "Theory" is easy and quick. When troubleshooting computer issues, it is wise to try easiest and painless ideas 1st. By no means am I suggesting this is the solution. Just give it a run.

I was discussing hubs because most of the time that is the problem. I asked for more clarification on Banshees hub because I wanted to make sure it is a powered hub, because the do make non-powered hubs to.... which are cheaper and more likely are bought for that reason. Falcon asked about a hub card for a PCI slot, so I answered him as to what I thought would be a problem with that.

As to why Banshee won't try your suggestion, I don't know. I do know I won't try anything you suggested with out doing a lot more research. Too many times you have given incorrect information out for me to believe anything you write.

Finally, what you suggest is NOT a solution to the problem, but a work around. You can get around the problem by doing a laundry list of things each time you log on. Finding a solution means to fix it once and your done. Many people here use the X52 without a problem, what Banshee has to do is figure out what is different between his system and these others that work well.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2009, 12:58:19 PM »
what Banshee has to do is figure out what is different between his system and these others that work well.

Well...my system is a completely stock "out of the box" 7 year old Dell  :D
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||