Author Topic: X52 loses calibration often  (Read 12600 times)

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
Re: X52 loses calibration often
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2008, 05:21:01 PM »
I wish I could the instructions that I had from the Saitek website.  It told of how to uninstall the drivers, what files to search for and delete and what registry entrys to delete. 

Everytime you unplug and replug and you get the windows message "Found new Hardware" it creates another registry entry.

Part of the original Saitek fix was to cleanup but also to cleanout the confusion in the registry.  I think I still have a Saitek website user name and password.  I'll see if I can find the text.
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 06:49:19 PM »
Hungry,I tried what you are speaking of,and it did  not work for me..but it may work for you..

Just unplug the JS from the throttle,not the whole thing..wait maybe 30 seconds,then plug it back in...

falcon23

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 07:23:28 PM »
Well I just spent about an hour and a half searching the Saitek boards and cant find the instructions.  I found everything from Logitech mouse driver conflicts to dont install the SST that installs the magic mouse on the stick.

!!!! So as I was writing the above I thought of one other place that I might have it, on my external backup drive.  This was plucked from the Saitek site awhile ago.

PLEASE BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST!!

Your problem is your registry.

In some cases, the calibration for the controller may be off. This may be an issue with a corrupted initial calibration of the controller. The following instructions involve changes to the Windows Registry. The registry is a very sensitive part of Windows and removing or editing the wrong value can cause a multitude of problems. See about making a backup of the registry before proceeding. In case you screw up! Do the following at your own risk! But this worked for me and within ten minutes my x52 was working. click Start, and Run. Type in "regedit".
-You must unplug your stick first
- click on the plus sign next to " HKEY_LOCAL_machine"
- click on the plus sign next to "System"
- click on the plus sign next to "Current ControlSet"
- click on the plus sign next to "Control"
- click on the plus sign next to "MediaProperties"
- click on the plus sign next to "Privateproperties"
- click on the plus sign next to "DirectInput"
- Look for keys starting with VID_06A3 and delete them.
- Close the registry editor by clicking on Registry at the top then click exit.
- Reboot your machine.
-Recalibrate the controller by twisting the joystick, then rotate it around several times.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 07:28:30 PM by Hungry »

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2008, 08:40:33 PM »
I cant seem to find how to make a copy of the original
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2008, 08:55:10 PM »
Well I just spent about an hour and a half searching the Saitek boards and cant find the instructions.  I found everything from Logitech mouse driver conflicts to dont install the SST that installs the magic mouse on the stick.

!!!! So as I was writing the above I thought of one other place that I might have it, on my external backup drive.  This was plucked from the Saitek site awhile ago.

PLEASE BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST!!

Your problem is your registry.

In some cases, the calibration for the controller may be off. This may be an issue with a corrupted initial calibration of the controller. The following instructions involve changes to the Windows Registry. The registry is a very sensitive part of Windows and removing or editing the wrong value can cause a multitude of problems. See about making a backup of the registry before proceeding. In case you screw up! Do the following at your own risk! But this worked for me and within ten minutes my x52 was working. click Start, and Run. Type in "regedit".
-You must unplug your stick first
- click on the plus sign next to " HKEY_LOCAL_machine"
- click on the plus sign next to "System"
- click on the plus sign next to "Current ControlSet"
- click on the plus sign next to "Control"
- click on the plus sign next to "MediaProperties"
- click on the plus sign next to "Privateproperties"
- click on the plus sign next to "DirectInput"
- Look for keys starting with VID_06A3 and delete them.
- Close the registry editor by clicking on Registry at the top then click exit.
- Reboot your machine.
-Recalibrate the controller by twisting the joystick, then rotate it around several times.

Hungry i friggin love you!  This fixed my Z rotation (twist) which hasn't worked since i got the stick.  IDK about the calibration part, but this has definitely made my day!
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2008, 10:01:01 PM »
Excellent Bub!!

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2008, 10:03:17 PM »
but...now i have to re-learn using twisty
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Chapel

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 02:33:11 PM »
How is it you use the profiler to actually calibrate the joystick?
Mine just has all the buttons etc and they light up when I click on them. But there's no "Calibrate" option or anything.
Rolling Thunder

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 03:11:54 PM »
You dont its supposed to self calibrate thats what those registry entrys were above

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 07:27:07 PM »
still losing calibration  :(  Im gonna turn LEDS and MFD off
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2008, 10:24:04 PM »
 I went through similar incremental increase of problems Y-axis calibration after first month till 5 months of ownership,and found myself unplugging this cable or that one to get it back to dead bang during AH play after it went out of calibration. Brought it back after store warranty to Circuit City who kindly took it back after store warranty. New stick is error free after 3 months. Saitek I recall has a 2 year on X52 non pro HOTAS, maybe 3 years on X52Pro. It might do you you good in the long run to get another stick, or notify Satiek for future return.

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2008, 01:18:49 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 05:47:28 AM by Skuzzy »
See Rule #6

Offline TIMMY

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2008, 06:22:37 AM »
ive got an x52 pro it used to do it all the time

the conections at the back are laughable for a $200 stick it should be securable

but it was a slight lapse in connection between the throttle and stick not enough for windows to reconise it because the throttle is still connected to the computer so according to windows everything was fine

the reason why calibration went out is the same as joystick pretty much ever made

when the stick is reconnected
the state that it is in is at the time of reconnection is considered neutral

or example you get you evade an enemy attack and jerk the stick fast to get the desired result but during this the cable into the stick momentarily loses connection to the throttle/computer
so at the time of stick reconnection its rolled hard left and full right rudder so that position is considered neutral even though it is not

it happens to any joystick that is not 100% centered at the time of activation ie reconnection /loading of operation system

my nintendo 64 analog thingy did it if you turned it on not centered
my playstation did it if you turned it on not centered
my old attack 3 did it

but the x52 are prone to do it ingame due to the soft connection into the stick

a bit of hot glue and gaffer tape problem solved

oTIMMYo --flying wasted since tour 84
Time is not wasted if your wasted all the time
its better to see the devil than wonder where he is

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2008, 07:58:52 AM »
See Rule #4

Going through that isn't what I would call flawless.  The point here is that you shouldn't have to do this every time that you enter the game, I don't haven't had to in the three years that Ive had my X52.  The only problems Ive ever had were when I was trying to use the SST software and the magic mouse on the throttle.  Once I completely removed the SST and the registry entries above Ive never had to recalibrate it again. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 05:47:56 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2008, 08:06:25 AM »
All of my X52 problems were solved by giving it enough consistant power.  Buy a powered USB hub to get the most out of the joystick.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace