Author Topic: This could change the outcome of the election...  (Read 832 times)

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
This could change the outcome of the election...
« on: October 04, 2008, 10:31:37 PM »
 :uhoh

Push to register felons to vote could aid Obama
Activists: Disproportionate black population of ex-felons may shift outcome

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27023034/

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Re: This could change the outcome of the election...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 10:35:57 PM »
try not to cheer too loudly.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 10:37:43 PM »
try not to cheer too loudly.

who says I'm cheering~

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 10:39:00 PM »
Man, they are REALLY pulling out all the stops. 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 10:47:14 PM by Shuckins »

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
sand

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 10:48:15 PM »
The next logical step... let the "rest of the world" vote who our president is.

After all, they all have opinions. The "chosen person" CAN and/or WILL affect their lives (by increasing or cutting handouts to them or just straight bombing them).

By all means.

P.S. Especially the French and Russians.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 10:51:53 PM by mietla »

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 10:53:14 PM »
In my old country, this kind of stunt is NOT allowed!  NO PRISONERS allowed!  You do your time!  When you're finished that's the time you can vote again.

This is the first time that I'm outraged!

I'm always relaxed with my posts...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 10:58:35 PM by mg1942 »

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 10:58:52 PM »
I thought felons weren't allowed to vote? Am I wrong in this?
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 11:00:18 PM »
Holy crap!

They're still making the Simpsons?  I thought that died like 6 years ago.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 11:01:42 PM »
with every presidential election since carter the democrats have looked for some new class of people to givethe vote to in an attempt to sway the outcome.
i am an ex-felon twice over so i come to this discussion with the prior experience of having met thousands of ex-felons.
first, your NEVER an "ex"-felon, you either have just not been caught lately or have found something to do to keep you busy enough that you dint have time to get into trouble (thank you aces high!) but that is subject to change at any given moment or mood swing.
second most felons have a 6th grade or lower education and mentality. childish and selfish tends to be a way of life.
third the majority of felons believe that the rights of others are meaningless and that the violations of the trivial rights of others (say being safe in your own home, going to work or school without fear of bodily harm, or to own and derive personal pleasure and benefit from personal money and property) should not be held against them. obviously it must be your fault that you allowed yourself to be a victim.
really think about it, are these really the kinds of people who you feel have retained the right to make decision that may affect the lives and wellbeing of your children? (aside from the fact that Alot of those "ex"-felons are child molesters, and all of them believe they are victims of their upbringing and not really criminals. thus they and their families push to decriminalize child molestation and to classify it as a illness like alcoholism or drug addiction. believing that instead of being punished it should be treated) go look in the eyes of your child, take a long deep look inside them, then ask yourself if you would trust their life in the affectionate care of the neighborhood pedophile.
sorry if I'm a little abrasive about this type of topic, but the safety and long term wellbeing of my family lays in the hands of the dumb tulips that think this trash up.
anyways just my quick thoughts on the subject

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 11:45:20 PM »
I thought felons weren't allowed to vote? Am I wrong in this?

The law is not consistent from state to state. In some states if they are a felon they lose it forever. In others they get the right back only if their civil rights have been restored (same for owning a gun). In other states they get the right back after serving time and fewer states allow felons to vote as long as they are felons of non-violent crimes and first time offenders and have served their time.

A.C.O.R.N. is one organization that pushes the limits by actually going to the prisons and waiting outside for prison releases so they can sign them up right then and there.

Felons vote Democrat by a very very very wide margin giving credit to the 6th grade education/mentality comment.

The bill introduced by Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barbara Boxer and Rep. Stephanie Tubbs-Jones of Ohio considered to be tremendously Unconstitutional:

"The Count Every Vote Act, which might better be called the What's a Little Fraud Among Friends? Act, reflects monomania—the idea that anything that increases the number of ballots cast is wonderful." - George Will
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 11:55:25 PM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 12:15:20 AM »
let me be clear on this....FELONS MUST BE ABLE TO VOTE!  as long as they vote OBAMA!!!!!
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 01:16:34 AM »
In my old country, this kind of stunt is NOT allowed!  NO PRISONERS allowed!  You do your time!  When you're finished that's the time you can vote again.

This is the first time that I'm outraged!

I'm always relaxed with my posts...

You're misinterpretting.  Felons in the USA, lose the right to vote, after they are convicted, for the rest of their lives...at least in most states.
I think that that is fair.... you commit a felony, you forego the right to choose.  But, for clarity, the push is not for inmates to vote.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 01:50:44 AM »
right. acorn recruits only honest taxpaying citizens who can verify that at some point they might have been breathing.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.