Author Topic: This could change the outcome of the election...  (Read 836 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Re: This could change the outcome of the election...
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2008, 12:09:30 AM »
But if i did wouldnt that be abrasive on your tongue??? :rofl :rofl :rofl  :rock
if my tongue on your apple was a requirement for freedom then I would have to re-examine my core values from the sack up.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2008, 12:21:35 AM »
if my tongue on your apple was a requirement for freedom then I would have to re-examine my core values from the sack up.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

the price of freedom is never free!!!!!!

:devil :devil
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2008, 12:24:56 AM »
You guys still dont get it.  The world where "dont tread on me" meant something died back about the time the atomic bomb was created.

Get with the program already and have your electronic chip implanted.  I recommend just south of the apple.

On a more serious note, in a lot of states they already take a DNA sample from anyone who enters police custody, involuntarily, even if you're never convicted of a crime.  Again, in the name of protecting society.

Where's lazs to say it all sounds like a Rand novel? :uhoh
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2008, 01:09:49 AM »
On a more serious note, in a lot of states they already take a DNA sample from anyone who enters police custody, involuntarily, even if you're never convicted of a crime.  Again, in the name of protecting society.

Got a question for you, if you got drunk and got arrested and they took a sample of your DNA and kept it on file then lets say 5 or so years later you are wrongfully accused by some woman who say you look like the guy that raped her. but the police dept, prior to arresting you and scaring you reputation forever, compares your DNA to that already on file, wouldn't you be grateful for the time in police custody you never had to spend? or the looks of doubt you will forever have to deal with from friends family and neighbors?

it is identical to having your finger prints on file, if your not guilty it can only help you, if your guilty well to bad.

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Quote from Skuzzy

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2008, 01:18:04 AM »
Did any one even bother to read the article?

take a look before you start making false assumptions that show your ignorance, whether it be unintentional ignorance or not...
only a minority of states don't allow ex-felons to vote, it just so happens a possible swing state, VA, is one of those states.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2008, 02:09:41 AM »
well i was talking about a federal felony conviction, not a state conviction. so it is my understanding that a federal felony prevents a person from voting, it trumps state law in this matter. i could be mistaken, but that is what i was lead to believe upon my release from federal prison.

aside from the fact that this was a discussion based upon opinions of how people felt about allowing ex-felons to vote and the manipulation of a candidate in this matter, and not a debate on what is or is not allowed by individual states, keep in mind that it is unreasonable to develop an attitude towards someone due to the failure to read one particular article out of how many millions of articles that are located somewhere in internet-land? if you wish to draw attention to it then post it and we will read it.

FLOTSOM

Quote from Skuzzy

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2008, 04:28:09 AM »
You actually think  4,000,000 felons are going to register to vote???? Big brother would have their addy... LOL and even if some did, the percentage would be minimal. More bull media reporting.
See Rule #6

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2008, 06:38:22 AM »
You actually think  4,000,000 felons are going to register to vote???? Big brother would have their addy... LOL and even if some did, the percentage would be minimal. More bull media reporting.

Good point.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2008, 07:49:17 AM »
You actually think  4,000,000 felons are going to register to vote????

ACORN will help them. A ride to the polls and a pack of cigarettes.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2008, 07:55:51 AM »
I have a couple friends who have volunteered for ACORN work here in Raleigh.

It makes me happy thinking about how much they are pissing most of the o'club off.

:D
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2008, 08:49:14 AM »
THAT, ladies & gents, is what a Community Organizer does.   :lol 
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2008, 09:33:36 AM »
THAT, ladies & gents, is what a Community Organizer does.   :lol 

Pisses off the o'club?  If so, I'd have to agree.  Nothing like some community organizations to piss off the o'club properly.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2008, 09:37:29 AM »
I'm in favor of letting felons vote once they have served their sentence.  Who they will vote for is beside the point.  Any crime that deserves a lifetime of punishment deserves a lifetime of incarceration.  Allowing the justice system to permanently disenfranchise otherwise participating members of society gives the government too much power.

By this logic, you would agree felons should be allowed to bear arms as well?
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2008, 09:37:38 AM »
Pisses off the o'club?  If so, I'd have to agree.  Nothing like some community organizations to piss off the o'club properly.

No, no.  Not that.  It's community organizers that are running the "lets get all the felons to register & vote scheme."  :lol
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2008, 09:46:02 AM »
My friends went door to door canvasing and registering voters in local communities.  Seems pretty normal to me.  Didn't hear about them being asked to try to come up with ways to commit voter fraud or anything.

Weren't a bunch of repub votes from dead people found in the records for 2000 in Ohio or something?  If we're going to dig into the voter fraud issue I'm sure we'll find plenty of shady people from both political systems.

Oh, now I see why ACORN pisses all the republicans off, they are:  " the nation’s largest grassroots community organization of low- and moderate-income people"

everyone knows republicans hate poor people.   :lol

[/sarcasm]