Author Topic: Vote by color??  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Re: Vote by color??
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 04:05:47 PM »
95% of negros always vote democratic anyway, so this not some rush to obama because he is only half white.

95% of voting Negros may vote democratic, but what percentage of the black population will be voting this election for the first time only because a black is running?

What if 95% of whites voted Republican?   There wouldn't be a democratic party.  Sadly, there aren't that many smart people in the white race.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 04:23:57 PM »
My Aunt graduated from Rutgers in 1965 with a Masters in Chemistry.   When it comes to common sense, she's worse than a sack of hammers.   

I have found that to be the norm of most people with higher education (well anyone who went to college right out of high school and never held a real working job EVER in their lives). Book smarts don't mean a damn thing out here in the real world were the rubber meets the road.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 05:51:15 PM »
I have found that to be the norm of most people with higher education (well anyone who went to college right out of high school and never held a real working job EVER in their lives). Book smarts don't mean a damn thing out here in the real world were the rubber meets the road.

Yes, there are quite a few people with book smarts who couldn't, for example, recharge the freon in their own air conditioners.

However, eggheads thinking about such abstract impracticalities as how compression/expansion of gasses will effect temperature was something that had to be done for years before anyone could have an air conditioner in the first place.

Of course, further muddying the waters is the fact that it is possible to acquire a great deal of "education" with little other than the ability to study and memorize.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 06:14:09 PM »
Don't you think it is a good thing for more Americans to be involved in the process?

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 06:16:04 PM »
Don't you think it is a good thing for more Americans to be involved in the process?

No.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008, 06:31:39 PM »
Yah gotta love the hypocrisy though.

If blacks vote for Obamessiah just because he's black...that's an accepted normal thing and it's OK.

If whites vote for McC just because he's the white guy in the race... those bassturds are RACIST!!!!

Gotta love it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008, 06:34:26 PM »
nope.. to be fair.. if whites were just as racist they would only be voting for Mccain by 95%

You really have to hate to vote based on color 95%

lazs

It's true in my case.  I've had almost nothing but bad experiences with black people and would never vote for one.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 06:36:44 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2008, 06:45:41 PM »
It's true in my case.  I've had almost nothing but bad experiences with black people and would never vote for one.

Put Thomas Sowell against Hillary Clinton in the race for any office, I dare you. See who this "racist" votes for.

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2008, 07:24:04 PM »
Colin Powell would have had my vote any day.  Too bad he seems to have had enough of the political world.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2008, 07:35:23 PM »
If they were truly involved, i.e. understood the issues and could see through all the typical political BS of saying whatever it takes to get elected than doing something completely different once in office, I would say it is a good thing.

Sadly, registering to vote and voting does not necessarily equate to being well educated on what is at stake.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2008, 07:40:51 PM »
I don't like identity politics, but I sure as heck can understand why African Americans are going to turn out in droves to vote for Obama.  If you can't see their point of view god help ya.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2008, 07:42:12 PM »
95% of voting Negros may vote democratic, but what percentage of the black population will be voting this election for the first time only because a black is running?

What if 95% of whites voted Republican?   There wouldn't be a democratic party.  Sadly, there aren't that many smart people in the white race.

See this is just the kind of stupidity that causes all the issues.Be a tool and vote party.Im voteing for the person.Dont really care what party there in.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2008, 08:00:23 PM »
Colin Powell would have had my vote any day.  Too bad he seems to have had enough of the political world.

And J.C Watts mine
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2008, 09:10:52 PM »
The up side of course is that a larger chunk of the poorly educated white folk who would normally vote democrat will probably now vote Republican simply because the democrat candidate is not white.
Here's another question, why cannot the servicemen overseas place absentee votes?
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2008, 09:53:12 PM »
I don't like identity politics, but I sure as heck can understand why African Americans are going to turn out in droves to vote for Obama.  If you can't see their point of view god help ya.

I quite understand Anax, and don't particularly blame them. God help YOU if you are so self-hating you think it is eeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvillllll for White folks to operate on the same principle though.