Author Topic: What you bring it up for, you lose  (Read 1376 times)

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
What you bring it up for, you lose
« on: October 05, 2008, 01:10:15 PM »
does not seem to apply to the 262. i brought it up for 209 perks, got 3 kills, lost it for 213 perks. when i lost it it was priced at 298. reason?
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: What you bring it up for, you lose
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 02:02:35 PM »
 If your side has X amount of players and the perk value is Y when you takeoff.
 Then during flight your side is X+ players then perk value is Y+,in other words,your side had more players when you lost your plane so the eny had changed and the perk value with it.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 06:52:27 PM »
I really think you should lose it for what you take it up for...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 06:56:51 PM »

I agree...  I honestly thought that it was already like that actually.  If not, it should be.  If I up a 262, I must decide if I want to risk the perks.  It is only fair that I know up front what I am being asked to risk.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 08:38:56 PM »
i thought thats what it was, its like that with F4U -4/1C, the t34/85,tiger,sherman, tempest, but not with the 262.

If I up a 262, I must decide if I want to risk the perks.  It is only fair that I know up front what I am being asked to risk.
thats why i up perk rides, i know what im risking, but with 262's it seems its not worth risking the perks if you lose them, the perk value is always changing on the 262's it seems.
MasonZ - In-game ID

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 08:20:58 AM »
i thought thats what it was, its like that with F4U -4/1C, the t34/85,tiger,sherman, tempest, but not with the 262.

thats why i up perk rides, i know what im risking, but with 262's it seems its not worth risking the perks if you lose them, the perk value is always changing on the 262's it seems.

correction : it is the same with perks on all perk planes/vehicles...........just as it has happened to you on the 262, it has happened to me on the F4U-1C many moons ago...and I had this same question many moons ago.....nothing has changed.....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 10:35:11 AM »
I explained this awhile back, but was a different trainer said whatever you take off with - is what the perk value is.
That has never been the scenario for me, I am suprised they don't have negative perks for people that have no perks and
lose a 262.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 02:40:27 AM »
You lose what you pay for it.  The price listed in the hangar is only valid in the moment you click on the hangar button.  The price is constantly changing and if you wait 10 seconds you could easily be paying a few more (or less) perks for a 262 than is listed.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 02:28:01 PM »
it has always been confusing, I upped an F4U-1C one time, paid 13 perks for it, I shot down 9 planes....and when I died, it had cost me something like 18 or 19 perks........figure that one out..........one would think in killing La-7's spit V's ( before the Spit V change ), etc etc......

that some of them kills would have offset the perk cost at least a few perk points.....but it does not.....

but is just another part of the games mechanics..........this is hitech sandbox.............you don't like it........you will probally be told to go find your own sand box and build your own castles........ just saying........  :devil
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Gryffin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 02:40:21 PM »
it has always been confusing, I upped an F4U-1C one time, paid 13 perks for it, I shot down 9 planes....and when I died, it had cost me something like 18 or 19 perks........figure that one out..........

I believe Karnak is correct. When you hit the hanger button, the cost was 13 perks.Several seconds later when you entered the cockpit, the cost had risen, say to 22 perks (as an example). You then earned say 3 perks getting kills, then lost the plane for 3 - 22 = 19 perks. (3 and 22 are just example numbers, obviously).

The perk cost is changing every second, but the amount shown in the hanger is the cost at the instant you hit the hanger button. What would be nice is if a message was posted in the radio chat box saying how many perks you are actually paying at the instant you enter the cockpit.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 05:25:36 PM »
The cost you see in the hanger can also be off if the arena is not full loaded when go there (not all players accounted for).

And it is possible for the game to allow you to up a perk ride at a price you can just barely afford and leave you with a negative figure when you loose it. I've had it happen before.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 08:30:54 PM »
I believe Karnak is correct. When you hit the hanger button, the cost was 13 perks.Several seconds later when you entered the cockpit, the cost had risen, say to 22 perks (as an example). You then earned say 3 perks getting kills, then lost the plane for 3 - 22 = 19 perks.
itd be -19 perks, do it on a calculator sir. anyway, it still would not explain how in TC's case, he purchased it for 13, but lost it for 19 (i think he said?). yea, if he a lag delay before he enetered the cockpit that would make some sense of things, but in my case, i saw in the hangar 209perks, no biggie, i hit the runway right from there, got 3 kills and lost it for 213, thats what i cant seem to figure out, and no i had no serious lag before entering the runway (maybe 1/30th of a second at most).
MasonZ - In-game ID

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 05:41:29 PM »
You lose what you pay for it.  The price listed in the hangar is only valid in the moment you click on the hangar button.  The price is constantly changing and if you wait 10 seconds you could easily be paying a few more (or less) perks for a 262 than is listed.

Karnak is correct by virtue of what HiTech has personally posted on this issue.  The "price" in the hanger is computed by the roster information that your front end has when you click into the hanger.  If you've just logged in and your arena roster hasn't completed downloading, the price can be wildly inaccurate.  If you linger in the hanger for very long, while the arena numbers change, that will also lead to an inaccurate price.  Only the host has the true price from one instant to the next.  HiTech has also tested complaints like this in the past and effectively said it does work as Karnak and I have outlined.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 05:43:14 PM by Murdr »

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 05:39:06 AM »
Karnak is correct by virtue of what HiTech has personally posted on this issue.  The "price" in the hanger is computed by the roster information that your front end has when you click into the hanger.  If you've just logged in and your arena roster hasn't completed downloading, the price can be wildly inaccurate.  If you linger in the hanger for very long, while the arena numbers change, that will also lead to an inaccurate price.  Only the host has the true price from one instant to the next.  HiTech has also tested complaints like this in the past and effectively said it does work as Karnak and I have outlined.
i understand what HTC has said about this before, and maybe it did spike a whisker before i hit the launch button, idk, i just thought it was odd when it said 209 in the hangar and i lost it for 213 after 3 kills.
MasonZ - In-game ID

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 06:58:46 AM »
have you heard the saying "If you have to ask "how much?", then you can't afford it!" Same thing here. If you have to worry how much the 262 is going to cost you you don't have enough points. Build up a few thousand perks ( only takes a few week if you stay out of the ubber rides) and you don't ned to worry any more.