Author Topic: HTC netcoding - slipping  (Read 3995 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: HTC netcoding - slipping
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2008, 08:14:54 PM »
Beware the generic HTC explanation for everything. I have a email box full of em :confused:

Are you a networking professional? No? The generic responses are there because the generic people ask the same question over and over (the same people who demand US ISPs don't shape traffic ironically).

I am a networking professional and it may be a generic response from HTC but it is an accurate response.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2008, 08:51:26 PM »
i've always been happy with how HTC handles their end (the internet is a different issue.) this is why it was so surprising to me as I had never seen such a large discrepancy before.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2008, 09:26:38 PM »
i've always been happy with how HTC handles their end (the internet is a different issue.) this is why it was so surprising to me as I had never seen such a large discrepancy before.

well now I'm gonna throw in my 2cents (about 1.23333333cents after current taxes, after obama taxes it would be 0.23333333cents)

if we know and understand that there is lag;

is there a way for the aces high servers to measure the individual latency of each player as they enter an arena?

can the servers impose a preset base line latency that would be adjusted to be just a little slower than the average high latency of all players in a particular arena?

example: if one player is suffering from a latency of 200 and another player has a latency of 50, and the arena average was say 290 so the base line as set by the servers for that arena at that time would was 300, each player would be delayed inside the servers to bring them both down to a latency of 300.

that would then level the playing field for most of the players in any given arena at any given time. with the exception of those that fall well below the base line latency established by the servers everyone would be on the same time delay thus seeing everything at the relative same time.

obviously I'm not a networking guru or internet geek, so this is a question to those of you who are. is it possible ? could it be done relatively simply? would it be worth HTC's time and effort to try?

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr