Author Topic: New song, a tribute to our wounded/disabled vets  (Read 271 times)

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
New song, a tribute to our wounded/disabled vets
« on: October 08, 2008, 04:24:32 PM »
Hey, ya'all.  Drop by my MySpace page (www.myspace.com/richowen61) and listen to my brand new single, "What's Left of My Heart"!  This song is a tribute to our wounded warriors :salute.  Let me know what you think!

Also, don't forget...
With your help I've hit a major career milestone.  You all helped my song, "The Man They Need Me To Be", go from 11 to 10 last week (a top-10 song ).  But we've still got a way to go to get "The Man They Need Me To Be" to Number 1 on the Independent Music Network's Top-30 Country Chart. You can view the Independent Music Network chart at

http://www.independentmusicnetwork.com/ccharts.php

We're getting closer, and I owe it all to you.  Please help me push this to Number 1 by next week.

Go to the link above, click on "Vote for Country Charts" and scroll down until you find

Rich Owen - The man they need me to be. CD: Home,God,&Country (XTREME PROMOTIONS U.S.A)

Click on that entry to register your vote. You can vote once per week from any one computer IP address, so vote from home and the office (vote early and vote often  ).  To listen to the song, you can go to

http://www.jamwave.com/artist.aspx?AID=4189

And thanks so much again, and please repost here so this remains visible.  Also, I'd also appreciate if you forward this by email or repost on other BBS you frequent.  The climb gets exponentially harder as you approach the top, so any extra boost would be terrific!

Sincerely,
Rich Owen
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Re: New song, a tribute to our wounded/disabled vets
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 01:12:49 PM »
Bump...Hope u like!

Sabre
Sabre

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 11:01:45 PM »
Another bump, in case you missed it...Thanks.

Sabre
Sabre

Offline MotleyCH

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 02:22:48 AM »
I voted per your request.

Good Luck

:salute

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 04:19:38 AM »
OK Rich, I just watched your "Don't Give Up on Me" My Space video (nice song BTW).  I thought you wrote this song about your own son who graduated HS recently...?  How are the twins in the video related to you or who are they?

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 09:00:49 PM »
OK Rich, I just watched your "Don't Give Up on Me" My Space video (nice song BTW).  I thought you wrote this song about your own son who graduated HS recently...?  How are the twins in the video related to you or who are they?

Eskimo, the song was written about and for my own son.  The video was created by a lady who listened to my song, and was greatly moved by the song.  One of her twins had just been diagnosed, and the song spoke so well to what she and her husband had been going through in dealing with it.  She contacted me and asked if she could use the song in a video she wanted to make; of course, I said I'd be honored.  It was originally posted on the Five-for-Fighting website, where every play of the video generated donations for Autism awareness.  And now you know...the rest of the story. :)

Sabre
Sabre

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 10:18:03 PM »
Eskimo, the song was written about and for my own son.  The video was created by a lady who listened to my song, and was greatly moved by the song.  One of her twins had just been diagnosed, and the song spoke so well to what she and her husband had been going through in dealing with it.  She contacted me and asked if she could use the song in a video she wanted to make; of course, I said I'd be honored.  It was originally posted on the Five-for-Fighting website, where every play of the video generated donations for Autism awareness.  And now you know...the rest of the story. :)

Sabre

Cool.

You should make videos/slide shows for your songs; they can add quite a bit.  I've listened to "Don't Give Up on Me" before, but it seemed even better with pictures.

Offline brad13

• Copper Member
      • Hovercontrol
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 11:00:34 PM »
<S> rich! I'm a country music man myself and being in the service currently, I can understand where your songs are coming from! I love your songs, especially your patriotic ones! Keep doin what your doin sir! I appreciate it! <S>
"The English had hit upon a splendid joke. They intended to catch me or to bring me down."-Manfred Von Richthofen

Check out: Hovercontrol.com

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 09:48:09 AM »
<S> rich! I'm a country music man myself and being in the service currently, I can understand where your songs are coming from! I love your songs, especially your patriotic ones! Keep doin what your doin sir! I appreciate it! <S>

Thank you very much, Brad, both for your comment and your service to our nation :salute !  While mainstream music has been somewhat less vocal in support of our servicemembers (though a number of artists are certainly active with the USO), there are a whole lot of indie artists like myself who've been turning out some great tunes in support of our troops.

Rich
P.S. Don't forget to vote for the IMN top-30 country chart this week.  Still hoping to move up on it :D.
Sabre

Offline brad13

• Copper Member
      • Hovercontrol
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 07:50:36 PM »
Rgr that already voted! I'm voting every week! <S>  :rock
"The English had hit upon a splendid joke. They intended to catch me or to bring me down."-Manfred Von Richthofen

Check out: Hovercontrol.com