Author Topic: Home Theater Setups  (Read 215 times)

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
Home Theater Setups
« on: October 09, 2008, 02:32:25 PM »
Whatcha all got for a home theater setup?  Upstairs we have a zenith 55" tv that we had before the hd sets came out and darnit, the thing works as good today as it did years and years ago.  I have an infinity surround sound setup for that.

Downstairs, I have a Panasonic EU-900 projector and a home made screen that I built from a diy home theater forum.  I currently use 2 channel audio for this, and speakers are Magnepan SMGa's with a small 8" yamaha subwoofer that I bought for 99 bucks.  I have a 325 watt per channel rms Adcom amp for the maggies and a line drive tube powered preamp.  Oppo dvd player and also have a HI-DEF Sat receiver and also a power conditioner for all above components.

Bought a leather lazyboy couch and loveseat  and one of the bestest things... I bought a real popcorn popper like the movies and bought the pre packaged popcorn stuff just like the movie theater and the high school gym poppers in the concession stands.

This winter a couple of considerations is to buy a lot better subwoofer and maybe a blu-ray player if prices come down and dvd's too.  Also have thought about selling most of my equipment and some r/c stuff and getting a new 5.1 or 7.1 setup in a year or so.
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Home Theater Setups
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 02:59:46 PM »
<--50' RCA dlp 720p,  RCA upconverting DVD player, Pioneer 5.1 DD/DTS receiver, vintage Cerwin Vega DX-9 mains and DX-1 center and rear speakers.  I don't need a sub woofer.

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 03:52:23 PM »
<--- Samsung 56" DLP 720p, Samsung upconverting DVD player, Sony 5.1 DD/DTS receiver, Bose Acoustimass 10 Series II speakers

Love it.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 04:34:12 PM »
samsung 46" 1080p, old sony 5.1 pushing even older yamaha speakers

the samsung makes a decent monitor too
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 04:36:04 PM by Eagler »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 07:06:30 PM »
Eagler, that's awesome!  :aok