Author Topic: Landing kills  (Read 8009 times)

Offline Odisseo

• Copper Member
Re: Landing kills
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 11:20:08 AM »
FYI, if you dislike kill announcements clogging the radio buffer, type .squelch 6   and your radio won't show those system announcements.

that's good to know, where do you find all those trick messages?
Save Swiss Milk, drink Beer!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 11:38:53 AM »
I am all for 5 kills or better for the name in lights!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 12:04:24 PM »
I like being is FSO and other scenario games and not having all the BS server banter come across the bottom.

I wish HTC would at least try removing all the "XYZ landed 3 kills in a La-7", etc for one tour and see how it goes.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2008, 12:10:47 PM »
I like being is FSO and other scenario games and not having all the BS server banter come across the bottom.

I wish HTC would at least try removing all the "XYZ landed 3 kills in a La-7", etc for one tour and see how it goes.

Wake up and read the replies!

FYI, if you dislike kill announcements clogging the radio buffer, type .squelch 6   and your radio won't show those system announcements.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2008, 12:25:15 PM »
Lots of new guys work hard to get their two kills so they can get their name in lights.  I think it's ok the way it is.

Besides that, when I land a few I also like to see how many others are landing and in what.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2008, 12:36:29 PM »
Wake up and read the replies!

Actually, I did read that prior to my posting.  I guess I should have expanded my reply so some people wont soil their drawers.

I have always maintained a view that no one needs to know who shot who down or how many kills someone has.  My reply above was a much abbreviated version of my arguement.  I feel there should be no identy communication what-so-ever between enemies, and ditto for name in lights.  Yeah, I am aware that I can squelch it all and will do so at first chance.   :)

Now... have a good day.  ;)   
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Odisseo

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2008, 01:04:52 PM »
Lots of new guys work hard to get their two kills so they can get their name in lights.  I think it's ok the way it is.

Besides that, when I land a few I also like to see how many others are landing and in what.

You wish to have a great game iprovement? instead to work hard in order to land 2 (?!!) kills we should read something like:

SYSTEM: BaldEagl landed his 27th kill streack

(ofcourse the streack should get lighted above 5 kills). Peaple would care more on how to survive and fight would be indeed more fun.

I'm not an ace at all, just flying smart trying to survive every sortie and rearm I already landed 26 kills in a pony and 30 in a tempest anyone who care and has a bit of basics of fights can do it. Work on a streack is way much more hard.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 01:06:48 PM by Odisseo »
Save Swiss Milk, drink Beer!

Offline WarTooth

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2008, 01:53:03 PM »
Perhaps

1. Keep the announcements if they are not in "uber" planes (LA7, Spit16 etc.).  If someone can land 2+ kills in a C202 or similar that is worth announcing maybe.  :O

2. Don't display any kills if a plane has rearmed.

This could potentially change how the game is played a bit.  :aok

WT
(My 2cents)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 02:02:50 PM by WarTooth »

Offline 100goon

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2008, 03:36:02 PM »
Ive landed 20 when an idiot in a pt from a sunken CV group keeps spawning and auto ack from my CV kills him but then i had to 20 min drive back to the port to land { dumb CV respawned before i could land }
Claim Jumpers

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2008, 03:52:08 PM »
My wish is that when you land kills, it does not end up in lights. But if you get 5 or more kills, then it should show up in lights. This is just because im sick of watching friendlys get 2 kills, and leaving you stranded to go land! And this would also make sence since 5 kills means your an Ace.

This is but a simple wish of a simple man  :)

Pick better friends?
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 03:59:24 PM »
well my $0.02 in this is varying to both sides.

1     what if any kills landed under 5 are only in lights to your countrymen? or those within your radio range? then the pilot gets to see his name in lights and not everyone in the arena has to read the continuous SO and SO landed 2 kills of every other countries players.

2     OR, a little more complex maybe and in the opposite direction, when you shoot someone down instead of you being the only person to read that you have killed so and so, everyone either in country in range or in arena can read it? then your bragging right can go up exponentially! (i kept a screen shot of YOU HAVE KILLED SKYROCK for the longest time!!!! course i got in in a gang bang and i was the only one of the 5 of us that jumped him to survive! but it doesn't say gangtard picker on the screen now does it!!  :salute ROCK)

well just some of the many twisted and worthless junk floating around in my head. if your head now hurts or your thoughts are turning black and evil don't worry, just take the pills the doctor gave you and leave the axe in the shed......

FLOTSOM

p.s. the voices may be bad but they sure have some wonderful ideas!!!!!! :devil
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2008, 04:07:20 PM »
Everyone will fly the same way no matter what you do with kill announcements. To think otherwise is silly.

BTW Clone, ever hear the story about those two guys who were going fishing in Bear country up Alaska-way ?

One fellow looks over at his buddy, notices that instead of boots this guy has on Nike running shoes.

The first fisherman says "Whaddya think you're doing with those shoes? A bear can run down a caribou, you ain't gonna out-run no bear just 'cause you got on them Nikes."

To which the second fisherman replies "I don't have to outrun the bear. I just have too outrun YOU."
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 04:47:40 PM by BnZ »

Offline **CLONE155**

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2008, 04:26:55 PM »
Pick better friends?

Not my friends, just average joe shmoes that happen to be fighting with me.

Everyone will fly the same way no matter what you do with kill announcements. To think otherwise is silly.

BTW Clone, ever hear the story about those two guys who were going fishing in Bear country up Alaska-way ?

One fellow looks over at his buddy, notices that instead of boots this guy has on Nike running shoes.

The first fisherman says "Whaddya think you're doing with those shoes? A bear can run down a caribou, you ain't gonna out-run no bear just 'cause you got on them Nikes."

To which the second hunter replies "I don't have to outrun the bear. I just have too outrun YOU."

Im not quite sure what you are trying to say...

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2008, 04:31:14 PM »

Im not quite sure what you are trying to say...

BnZ in his infinite wisdom was comment on your friends abandoning you to the enemy, if they run away it leaves only you for the bear to concentrate on.

or its BnZ's sly way of slipping a corny but funny joke into your thread for his own personal amusement. BAD BnZ BAD! :furious
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2008, 05:03:59 PM »

Isn't channel 6 the default help channel now?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54