Author Topic: Aborts  (Read 134 times)

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
Aborts
« on: February 15, 2001, 09:05:00 PM »

It would be nice if in some way it could be coded to where if you exit without moving from the spawn point it counts as an aborted sortie.  

At present every spawn counts as a sortie regardless of whether yo do anything or not, which in my case ends up with X3 the number of actual sorites because of the attack/fighter button and a mild form of obsessive/compulsive disorder  

- Bessy

8-Ball

Aborts
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2001, 11:37:00 PM »
I agree completely.  Over half of the fighter sorties I have are because I forgot to re-click the attack button in the hangar.  

It would be nice to have the game know that you haven't moved and simply disregard it as a sortie.  Like it doesn't count it as a sortie until you start moving.

prz

Aborts
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2001, 02:52:00 AM »
nope, U never saw obviously the bomber or C47-spawning on a taken-down base except bomber hangar. At least now it kills the score of those guys.

However, I brought up the attack button issue before, needs fixing

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
Aborts
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »
A bomber has to um, move before it can do anything in that situation. I already took that into account.

All I'm asking is for aborts when the plane hasn't moved off the spawn point. Could tie it to engines for all I care

btw I don't think anyone with any sense has tried the spawn-C-47 thing since the map room got fixed

- Bess

[This message has been edited by Jigster (edited 02-16-2001).]

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Aborts
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2001, 11:55:00 PM »
I agree, it would be nice to not have aborts counted.  Some fields (obviously union made    ) have runways leading into hills.  I often can't tell which is which from the tower, and if i grab a buff for example have to either takeoff across country, or go back to the tower.
(mebbe those fields should have the runway buttons removed for the really bad areas)
Sortie shouldn't count until the vehicle, aircraft whatever, moves IMO.

SKurj

Offline SpitLead

• Copper Member
Aborts
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2001, 02:29:00 PM »
I'm right there with ya Jigster. Now that I'm flying more attack missions I often seem to forget to set the "attack" button or vice versa and exit the plane at the spawn point.  It would be nice to NOT have this counted as a sortie but as an aborted flight.