Author Topic: The latest MA map...  (Read 298 times)

whels1

The latest MA map...
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2001, 04:54:00 PM »
mmm Tac u fly the p38 right?    mmm HISPANO DWEEB  

whels

Originally posted by Tac:
"Used properly the fleet"

And what does that mean exactly? Get the fleet near the field, cover it in flak so no defending fighter can ever hope to B&Z and launch chog waves. Heck, its extremely effective! Hispano monsters killing tanks at will, 1 ping killing any plane in the air and fleet flak so the chogs dont ever find themselves at a disadvantage.

IMO, if fleets stayed HALF a sector away from land (aka, flak would never cover field) and the almighty hispano didnt have magical properties... well, why waste breath, the higher up dont care.

Off-map raids do suck, and thats partly due because of all these lame gameplay concessions. 30k buffs that outperform fighters with turbolaser AND omniscient radar. *shrug*

Maybe it is a good map, but perhaps all the lame stuff in AH shine in it. Who knows.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
The latest MA map...
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2001, 06:09:00 PM »
Whels, ive parked a panzer in front of a P-38 on the ground, rear armor facing. All cannon gone in hits, no kill.

Repeat 10 times, only 2 times did panzer get damage.

I really dont know what to say. P-38 kills as well with 4 .50's only as it does with the cannon as extra punch, but it will hardly scratch armor or gv's.

whels1

The latest MA map...
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2001, 06:58:00 PM »
ive been killed by spits and 38s by gun only, many a times even 190s a couple times.

easiest place to gun a panzer ded is from
top, shooting down.

whels

Originally posted by Tac:
Whels, ive parked a panzer in front of a P-38 on the ground, rear armor facing. All cannon gone in hits, no kill.

Repeat 10 times, only 2 times did panzer get damage.

I really dont know what to say. P-38 kills as well with 4 .50's only as it does with the cannon as extra punch, but it will hardly scratch armor or gv's.

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
The latest MA map...
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2001, 07:01:00 PM »
I don't know what makes you think I would mean that (your definition) is what I meant by proper fleet use. The fleet has other tactical advatages you are failing to recognize.

------------------
Voss
13th TAS

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
The latest MA map...
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2001, 11:06:00 PM »
Enlighten me then Voss. Thats all the fleets are being used for in this map. Besides the obvious "lets sneak the fleet near their HQ and chog it too" tactic.

Whels, Spits, 190's yes, but 38? Id like to see a film of that.

Just spent a while in the TA and filmed a P-38 emptying nearly all its TA ammo of cannon on a panzer.

And these were ALL hits, every single round, at less than d200. on the the upward/rear portion of the tank's armour  (P-38 was parked, tank up a steep hill). So what's up with this? No magic on this kite?

Edit: After film view:

Ammo start: 1487 20mm "hispano"
left track damage: circa 401 rounds on the same exact spot.
Firing on same spot until 813 rounds left. Switch aim a bit to the right
at 764 rounds right track goes under (aka, 49 rounds)
At 500 rounds switch aim a bit to the left, hitting right portion of tank/middle in some occassions.
Tank dies when only 350 rounds left.

So 1137 shells to take out a tank firing on the SAME exact spot at d110 on REAR armor. I would think that 1137 shells literally drilling holes on the same spot would do more damage than 4 20mm hispano firing outside of convergence with a short burst. So how is it a chog can HO a tank and win so easily when such a massive amount of the same ammunition hits the SAME spot at smack range on rear armour?

Its black magic I tell ya.

[This message has been edited by Tac (edited 04-04-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Tac (edited 04-04-2001).]