Author Topic: V104 time and cupture  (Read 4824 times)

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
Re: V104 time and cupture
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 01:31:03 PM »
For the integrity of the tank battles in future, I think that NO aircaraft should be able to enter the Gv battle. In the orders it said ' do not attack or shoot at gv's or troops. ' Did not say aircraft could not spot. I told the cm b4 the event that i would not send aircraft into sector, unless reports of spotting. No spotting was confermed, but i think it should be cleared up for the next cic's.. TUK151
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2008, 05:55:19 PM »
I have film from go to woe:

The Ju88s being spoken of were flown by a rogue player not aligned with a squad.  This incident occurred in the first "aborted" run before the map reset.  The incident had zero effect on the frame since we all had to re-up and start again anyway.  Worth noting that Axis players on first noticing the Ju88 trio approaching the V base area started calling the CM to report the presence of a rogue.

By my clock it was H +61 minutes when the Axis captured the V-base.  This is clearly well inside the 70 minutes stipulated in the rules.  That the presiding CM made a couple of incorrect time checks during the game affects nothing and alters nothing.  There was zero chance of a different outcome after the Axis capture.  The Allied force was totally destroyed by that time.

The logs clearly confirm the final capture was made between H +61 and H +62. 
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline Dustoff2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2008, 07:04:51 PM »
rules are rules regardless if it was in the quote "first aborted run"

rules read

8. NO PLANE MAY ATTACK / KILL TANKS!!!! Every infraction of this will result in a 100
point penalty. So if you a plane scrafes, bombs, whatever a tanks and kills it you will be
penalized.

9. NO PLANE MAY ATTACK troop carrying GVs or attack troops running on the ground.
Any infraction of this will cost the side the base .. the other side automatically will be
awarded the 200 points for the base. Also another 200 point penalty will be assessed.

AKDust
Arabian Knights

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2008, 07:39:51 PM »
The Ju88s being spoken of were flown by a rogue player not aligned with a squad. This incident occurred in the first "aborted" run before the map reset...Worth noting that Axis players on first noticing the Ju88 trio approaching the V base area started calling the CM to report the presence of a rogue.

rules are rules regardless if it was in the quote "first aborted run"

Since the rogue was not in uniform, he shouldn't have been in the air to begin with.  And we (the Axis ground forces) desperately tried to get him to abort, but he just wouldn't listen.  I think Dantoo mentioned he has film; I hope this rogue is banned from all future FSO events.  It's unfortunate that some people think FSO is just another Main Arena and feel they can do whatever they want. 

It's also interesting how many people just don't read the whole set-up and the objectives for their side.  When the base got captured, I couldn't believe the number of messages from all the clueless people that didn't know it was part of the FSO objectives.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2008, 07:41:53 PM »
Rogue pilots should not be in any kind of uniform~! Cm staff takes care of those b4 launch. :uhoh
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 08:10:47 PM »
There is no point to be made.  No properly registered FSO player broke any rules here.

Almost every week since forever one or two people, lacking specific knowledge of the SEA, have wandered in and caused some minor disruption.  The CMs do their best to keep them out.  You will often see the setup CM warning them they are about to be kicked.  Sometimes one slides through.  Usually they are so incompetent that even if left unhindered they lack the ability to cause harm.  This time the zero harm factor came from a rather unexpected source.  I can't understand why anybody has bothered to raise it as an issue.  It's a total non-starter.

Another issue, slightly related, don't be tempted to "pick up" these blow-ins and bring them into your squad.  It's against the rules for good reason.  Your squad will face a reprimand and perhaps a squad penalty if you do it.

The CMs always look for rogue players and their effects when doing the scoring.  They are never allowed to affect the score.  It will be the same this time, next time and forever.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 08:48:01 PM by Dantoo »
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline Dustoff2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2008, 07:26:34 AM »
  No properly registered FSO player broke any rules here.

The CMs always look for rogue players and their effects when doing the scoring.  They are never allowed to affect the score.  It will be the same this time, next time and forever.

I have searched the rules, and cannot find any reference to this rule. This should give you some time to rewrite the rules to your advantage.

The way I see it, you are depriving the Allied forces 100 points for this Rogue players actions.

AKDust
Arabian Knights

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2008, 08:36:21 AM »
yes, maybe if the first start of FSO was completed. Since the Frame had to be restarted i think it was voided out.

If it is counted,I think all the kills and points before the restart should also be counted then.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2008, 08:52:34 AM »
yes, maybe if the first start of FSO was completed. Since the Frame had to be restarted i think it was voided out.

If it is counted,I think all the kills and points before the restart should also be counted then.

Yeah, good luck with counting anything from the first attempt...everyone started killing their squaddies and doing other stupid things once the map reset started its countdown.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2008, 11:41:39 AM »
I have searched the rules, and cannot find any reference to this rule. This should give you some time to rewrite the rules to your advantage.

Sorry I am lost here.  What rule are seeking reference to?  I am not a CM and I don't write the rules.  I've just added a little information gained from experience to try to lessen confusion about what happens when a non-player interrupts an event.  For instance, if the same player had spawned on the other side and done exactly the same thing, it would have amounted to the exactly the same nil-effect upon scoring.  There's been a few guys seemingly missing the point that if a player isn't actually part of the event, then whatever they do isn't actually part of the event either.  Sometimes one gets in and kills someone and it's a shame but that "life" can't be restored usually.  The rogue doesn't score points by doing this and the victim doesn't lose points for it happening to them either.  It would be somewhat crazy to reward such moronic behaviour.

The way I see it, you are depriving the Allied forces 100 points for this Rogue players actions.
Nobody posting in this thread other than GD has the power to deprive or award points. 

The strange thing about this whole incident is that it was part of an abandoned frame that won't be scored anyway. It even occurred after the announcement was made that the map was going to be reset and the frame restarted.   

My explanations are more directed about hopefully getting a bit more understanding about why you should report "blow-ins" to the CMs when you see them.  For pity's sake don't just send them an invite - they have the unfortunate habit of screwing up an otherwise enjoyable frame.

If I haven't made myself clear then I'm failing here and perhaps Sled can jump in and crystallise it some?

HiTech

Offline Mystic2

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theunforgivenweb.com
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2008, 02:28:06 PM »
I may have been off a little when I was calling out the T times.  I was in overdrive and may have been off on my calculations.  The logs will tell the true story, so that will be up to Ghostdancer to make the final ruling. 
FSO Setup CM
~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~
"LIVE FREE, DIE WELL"

mystic2@ahevents.org

Offline nikomon

• Copper Member
Re: V104 time and capture
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2008, 03:19:08 PM »
I do believe that the ju88 rouge should have no effect on the game due to the reset, and it also looks like the  axis won the GV battle around T+61  :salute :salute

Last Question? Why were there more tigers than Sherman's? 29 logs for axis in gv's and 22 logs in allies in gv's.

Were the sides supposed to be a 50/50 split?

25 tigers 3 sdk and 1 gunner in a tiger

17 Sherman's 4 m3 1 gunner .

the max allowed to GV for Allies was 24

Allies
RT is in a           11/15 +2-2  :actual 17
Damned SE         04/6  +2-2  :actual 5

Axis
The Killuminati      07/10  +2-2 :actual 8
9GIAP VVS RKKA   04/6   +2-2 :actual  8
325 Checkertails   07/10  +2-2 :actual 12
*LYNCHMOB*       11/15  +2-2 :actual 1

Allied Max total 25 / actual 22
Axis  Max total 49 / Actual 29

"numbers pulled from logs on page http://ahevents.org/index.php?Itemid=112&option=com_staticxt"

A solid answere will do  :salute
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 03:28:48 PM by nikomon »
"INTEGRITY is doing the right thing when no one else is watching."
Flying Since:Tour 87 4/2007
RT KOTH CHAMPION 2009-2010

Offline nikomon

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2008, 03:33:15 PM »
I would like to add that ALL 17 RT had a blast and would like to thank the people for making it happen. :salute

We really liked the GV / AC split  and would like to see  more gv action in future FSO's.  :devil
"INTEGRITY is doing the right thing when no one else is watching."
Flying Since:Tour 87 4/2007
RT KOTH CHAMPION 2009-2010

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2008, 04:02:21 PM »
Lynchmob disobeyed orders and was not supposed to be there.

So that would have made it 28/25 without lynchmob there.

They were to be in c202's as orders stated but after the first disco  i guess they decided to do what they wished.
They also left the other squads in 202's hangin with out proper support.
If following orders are not enforced, they why do we have them at all?

Maybe someone should talk to their CO and ask why they did not follow orders.
Also we had 1 air squad complete no show.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 04:12:01 PM by CHAPPY »

Offline Mystic2

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theunforgivenweb.com
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2008, 09:22:55 AM »
I have film from go to woe:

The Ju88s being spoken of were flown by a rogue player not aligned with a squad.  This incident occurred in the first "aborted" run before the map reset.  The incident had zero effect on the frame since we all had to re-up and start again anyway.  Worth noting that Axis players on first noticing the Ju88 trio approaching the V base area started calling the CM to report the presence of a rogue.

I did not get the info on the rogue pilot.  For those that have film, if you can get me the person's name, I will add him to my watch list.  We generally try to eject the rogues, but occasionally they do slip in during the first 15 min.  If any squad sees a rogue flying with them, please send me a PM and I will ask them to land and if that does not work, I will boot them.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 09:27:22 AM by Mystic2 »
FSO Setup CM
~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~
"LIVE FREE, DIE WELL"

mystic2@ahevents.org