Author Topic: V104 time and cupture  (Read 4823 times)

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
Re: V104 time and cupture
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2008, 08:02:22 PM »
CHAPPY, We left after the disco because the FSO staff was unprepared for the capture of V104 they should of tested it.

It certainly is nice to know how reliable some folks can be in the face of a little adversity for the rest of the CiCs of future FSO frames

:rolleyes:

Personally, I would like to THANK the folks that work hours much longer than the rest of us to put these events out there for us.   :salute
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline pope14

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2008, 08:30:18 PM »
I know how hard they work to do this for all of us but you would think that may be because they have never done GV's in FSO they may of had a dry run where some one deacked and ran troops it would of take 5 Min's at the most hell the CM could of just ran troops and killed the gun with the destroy objects feature him self.

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2008, 08:58:58 PM »
T+1 week after frame 2 gv battlle. Still a mess! No answers. Only cic's, and co's taking up for squads and sides. Hope frame 3 gv battle was somewhat normal. Very difficult for cm's and cic's to manage a fso with gv included. I do like the gv addition, but the rules are complicated , and must be adressed thoroughly. To the T.

Gv numbers are an issue. Needs to be a set number, total. (Just set a total number)
Gv battle times are an issue.
Gv  airspace is an issue. ( Spotters)(rogues)

Tuk151, CO 13MPG, CIC frame 2

CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2008, 10:23:12 AM »
CHAPPY, We left after the disco because the FSO staff was unprepared for the capture of V104 they should of tested it. As you can see from the MA lynchmob squads the 1LTCAP is not in our squad the only person we let fly with us from time to time is VANS/YANK. The only reason we let him in the squad was because he needed a squad. VIPER61 i think but i am not sure asked if anyone would take him and i felt sorry for him so i let him in we he came on our squad vox he said thanks for letting him in and said he was going back to squad vox so i ejected him last night the 17th. So from now on i will not take on extras

If he is wearing you squad colors he is YOUR RESPOSIBILITY. What if your guy decided to bomb GV's with your squad name then our whole team would have been held accountable. Although from your post's dosent seem like you care.

I would like to know what you are talking about as far as the MOB disobeying orders. The night in question, when the map was won in 10 minutes and we all had to sit around waiting for the second start, we (the entire Lynchmob) all decided to quit and we went to the training arena. I would like to know who it was that was out in tigers claiming to be Lynchmob.

and you left your team to hang out to dry because you didnt want to wait. Also the squads you where supposed to back up got sluaghtered. THANKS FOR THE TEAM EFFORT.

Sorry to burst youre bubble the mob has never been in a tank or any other vehicle in FSO until last night the 17th of october last week when the map reset after almost 2 minutes we got sick of sitting around for the next hour we all went to training arena and mixed it up. The mob is a good squad and No there hasnt been any other issues concerning my squad.

That a hell of an excuse in a team based event. Also your squad is the only one that got sick of waiting for 10 min not 1 hour as you stated sir.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 10:39:20 AM by CHAPPY »

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
Re: V104 time and capture
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2008, 11:12:06 AM »
I do believe that the ju88 rouge should have no effect on the game due to the reset, and it also looks like the  axis won the GV battle around T+61  :salute :salute

Last Question? Why were there more tigers than Sherman's? 29 logs for axis in gv's and 22 logs in allies in gv's.

Were the sides supposed to be a 50/50 split?

25 tigers 3 sdk and 1 gunner in a tiger

17 Sherman's 4 m3 1 gunner .

the max allowed to GV for Allies was 24

Allies
RT is in a           11/15 +2-2  :actual 17
Damned SE         04/6  +2-2  :actual 5

Axis
The Killuminati      07/10  +2-2 :actual 8
9GIAP VVS RKKA   04/6   +2-2 :actual  8
325 Checkertails   07/10  +2-2 :actual 12
*LYNCHMOB*       11/15  +2-2 :actual 1

Allied Max total 25 / actual 22
Axis  Max total 49 / Actual 29

"numbers pulled from logs on page http://ahevents.org/index.php?Itemid=112&option=com_staticxt"

A solid answere will do  :salute

And lets get to where this problem started lynchmob. Here it is  you see the problem?
Now the allied guys lost the battle and were looking at the logs and saw your squad guy in GV, so they think my orders dedicated more players that i should with you numbers. And they are right EXCEPT YOUR 11-15 SQUAD WASNT SUPPOSED TO BE THERE. Even if it was 1 guy.
I would never have even said your squad name or even bring it up, if this issue didnt come up.
Also had to listen to the 2 other squads squeak about you guys hanging them out to dry for 20 mins after the frame.

Normally I dont care bout this watermelon but I was CIC that week, I put alot of time in the orders and squad placement as all CIC's do. I think it is disrepectful to the CIC when you dont follow the orders that they spent hours on making for the team, no matter if it was arena issue or any other issue. Now 2 weeks later I am still dealing with this/your problem.

NOTE: out of 50+ squads axis or allies your squad was the only one that didnt wanna wait 10 min (or the 1 hour you guys stated), maybe that says something i dont know. ACTION'S SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

Offline 442w30

• Nickel Member
Re: V104 time and capture
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2008, 11:50:55 AM »

NOTE: out of 50+ squads axis or allies your squad was the only one that didnt wanna wait 10 min (or the 1 hour you guys stated), maybe that says something i dont know. ACTION'S SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

It is possible that some people who do the CiC duties for their squads will keep things like this in mind when they are CiC in the future and account for it in their planning.  FSO is not the MA, where for many, attention span is measured in minutes or even seconds.  When the reset was to occur, I heard (read) plenty of complaining on vox and text, yet no other squads bailed en masse and to be honest, the event was great after the restart.  Chappy is right, those who are following this issue might have made a note that Lynchmob = unreliable. 

Of course the opposite is true for other squads. I know that when I am CiC, I HOPE to get certain squads on my side because you never have to worry about them executing the orders regardless of the task or ride assigned.
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

"The plural of anecdote is no data."- statistician's axiom

Offline ShoBizzz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2008, 12:14:21 PM »
IMHO, I believe that Squads that do not follow orders and leave other squads hanging should be suspended for a full 3 frames respectfully. We all sometimes have to take a hit, and it seems that the LYNCHMOB, think they are above this. Truly I believe they all just didn't' have the SAND to fly the c.202 and thats alright because not everyone is truly cutout for the roll.

Even though you guys "LYNCHMOB" left us hanging we still managed to take out 4 of the the A20's with just 8 c.202's and at least 20+ spitfires at our backs. Our squad was practicing in the 202 in the days leading up to the frame, we took a pile of crap and molded it the best we knew how. We waited out the 10 min reset( In "LYNCHMOB" Time was a half an hour) and did our duty and followed our orders.
"Improvise, Adapt, Overcome" 

thats all i have to say about that
Luftmorder Propaganda Minister

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2008, 12:23:20 PM »
Yeah youre right "actions do speak louder than words". You should spend alittle more time setting up the arena to keep it from haveing a reset 10 minutes after the fields are opened and alittle less time on these so called orders. If you cant do this find someone who can. We have never violated any orders even when our orders are to fly to 22000 feet just to fly around in circles looking for a non-existent enemy at some obscure base away from any action at all.I think you need to check youre compass, we always fly the orders givin nomatter how stupid they are.We have lives and most of us arent going to stay awake till 2 in the morning waiting for the operators of this FSO to get their watermelon together why should we when Our squad always gets stuck flying sub-par aircraft and our orders usually equate to sweepin out the room after the dance is over. We joined FSO to use our squad tactics and all we've done since we joined is play follow the leader amongst ourselves. I am the CO of the lynchmob have been for many years although POPe14 is the CO inside FSO i stand behind him and any decisions he makes.The truth is a tough thing to hear and since noone else will say it i will im not payin my 15 bucks a month to make everyone happy, hold hands and sing coobayahh I wont have my squad belittled by anyone nomatter what the arena. Or what their title CiC or CM i dont care my boys are a great squad and if you cant see that well thats youre problem. Please feel free to twist and spin my words how you want to try and make youre point but the truth is the truth.

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2008, 12:43:22 PM »
 :noid

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2008, 01:27:49 PM »
Smokey you are not helping your cause here with the tone of the responses, and those CiCs who read this thread will lock you in the crap rides indefinitely at this rate. No skin off my nose as I'm only a player in FSO.

Unless you see the CM tag line under a BBS ID, posters are not a CM for the SEA arenas, and of the CMs, only about half a dozen manage FSO. CM event assignments are listed on the AHEvents site if you are interested.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2008, 02:12:26 PM »
I think the point is, FSO events should be treated by the participants as a team effort. We have the MA, where communication and teamwork is usually disjointed and there are individualists who look down on gangers, pickers, hordes, alt monkeys etc... but this is the FSO. In the FSO we have CiCs who devote a lot of time and effort to get squads together and have them achieve tasks, regardless of how menial they may turn out to be, in order for the team to succeed.

I know that some weeks, you get shafted with rides or orders but that's the way it goes with everyone. We all participate in the FSO and we all share the responsibility of working together. When a squad shows up with numbers and pulls the plug on their part of the plan at the last second, it hurts everyone involved. Not saying that actions like this require a major reaction, I'm just saying we all should be respectful of all FSO participants and their time put in.  :salute
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2008, 03:17:43 PM »
Smokey your correct it is your 15 bucks and you are free to fly in none registered events as you see fit.
When you join/register you give your word to follow the rules and work with the other squads to accomplish the mission put forth.
Other squads depend on this and make every effort to maintain the rules and spirit of the event even when there is a glitch.

You might want to consider that and wheather you and your squad would like to continue being part of FSO in the future.

If you choose to stay and abide by rules and spirit in times of trouble or otherwise thats great. The more cooperation the better the event will be for all ;)

« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 03:21:08 PM by 68falcon »
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2008, 03:18:34 PM »
1 thing to keep in mind Smokey, what goes around comes around.  U leave squads hanging, expect same in return.  AK's will never quit because someone or group of individuals made a mistake, bad rides, crappy orders etc..  Probably 1 of the reasons AK's are so respected in FSO.  We can always be counted on along with other squads.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2008, 03:45:17 PM »
well in FSO the MOB isnt  my squad it belongs to POPE14 he is CO in there not me We follow the orders givin all the time until last friday when we decided to leave because of an arena that reset after 10 minutes. and the CM comments were that "were workin on it" well after 10 then 15 minutes i was tired of sittin there waiting for something to be fixed that shouldnt have had to be fixed in the first place. Saying we leave other squads hanging is absolute BS we do what were told in there and like i said most of the time we get stuck flying at 25k looking for an enemy that isnt anywhere near us however the same squads week after week actualy get to fight the enemy in FSO sounds like a partisan schedule to me giveing the real missions to youre friends and leaveing us to patrol empty skies.Dont worry though since it isnt my FSO squad you wont be seeing me in there anymore its not worth the aggrivation. I'll spend my money in the MA's from now on. I dont speek for the rest of the FSO lynchmob just myself.

Offline **CLONE155**

• Zinc Member
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2008, 03:56:13 PM »
I dont see why you guys are hounding us the way you are... You act like we fliped out and killed every one on take off or something. and further more i dont know what you want from us. do you want an apology? well im sorry. Im sorry things went bad, im sorry the arena reset, im sorry that the lynchmob thought that it would not get fixed for hours, im sorry it actually took about 15 mins. and im sorry we did not show up for FSO. But the truth is, even if we had showed up it would only be about 12 guys, mabye less. That isnt many compared to the numbers that show up in FSO. And it sounds like the other squads stood a good fight with the enemy, and if it means anything, i hope you killed um all. We dont want bad relation ships with other squads, the LYNCHMOB is a good squad, that is friendly and helpful, and it kind of hurts to be put down the way you are doing, but apperantly, we deserved it.