Author Topic: A Newer Type of Flying  (Read 1726 times)

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
Re: A Newer Type of Flying
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2008, 02:38:39 PM »
No Laid to rest is.

On a more serious note.....this performance is SUPER sick!!!! Should be a hit in the next month or so.

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1593810&vid=272698

Kanye is an arrogant a-hole, but he sure as hell knows how to make hit songs. Very unique artist, whose album I will by for many years to come. Hip Hop ain't dead
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2008, 02:39:45 PM »
On a more serious note.....this performance is SUPER sick!!!! Should be a hit in the next month or so.

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1593810&vid=272698
So I'm guessing your a 10 year old girl? 
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2008, 02:40:25 PM »
So I'm guessing your a 10 year old girl? 

Look at my name and you will know my age.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2008, 02:43:36 PM »
No Laid to rest is.
Well, at least you picked a band that compares well to the Jonas Brothers.

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2008, 02:44:22 PM »
Well, at least you picked a band that compares well to the Jonas Brothers.
:aok

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2008, 02:58:41 PM »
Can I get a list of the Griefers IN the mid war arena?

Surely the Johnas bros. are vulchin the hills to get to number one, cause they sure as shi@ can't play the fluff'n guitar.

and how come every song on the radio has the same 4 chords?

Let me explain

Pop Music is derived from a Major Key structure. The key contains 7 different notes (chords) plus what they call an Octave. ( the root or starting tone but higher)

The major key scale is formed by taking a series of intervals from the chromatic scale

A A# B C C# D D# E F F# G G#        intervals  Whole step = 2 moves, Half step = 1 move

the major key sequence is Whole Whole Half Whole Whole Whole Half

Now you can start this from any one of the 12 notes, let's try C

C whole step D whole step E half step F whole step G whole step A whole step B half step C

ok our key of C consists of C,D,E,F,G,A,B,C

now chordally all the chords have to be formed of notes within the key. This is another lesson for another date however.....

you end up with a sequence of

I        II         III        IV         V                                                   VI             VII
Cmajor, Dminor, Eminor, Fmajor, Gmajor or G7 ( common substitution), Aminor, and Bm7b5.

This is your blank pallet with which to write with  however the uncreative toolshedders have created magical formula of Ichord Vchord VI chord and IV chord that every pop band must write their songs with.

In our key of C that equates to Cmajor, Gmajor, Aminor, Fmajor. With this 4 chord sequence and some whiny lyrics of teenage heartbreak angst ( usually written by some 50 yr old dude ) you too can rule the world like Nickelback and the Johnas bros.

:)
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2008, 02:59:56 PM »

Surely the Johnas bros. are vulchin the hills to get to number one, cause they sure as shi@ can't play the fluffluff'n guitar.

Let me explain

Pop Music is derived from a Major Key structure. The key contains 7 different notes (chords) plus what they call an Octave. ( the root or starting tone but higher)

The major key scale is formed by taking a series of intervals from the chromatic scale

A A# B C C# D D# E F F# G G#        intervals  Whole step = 2 moves, Half step = 1 move

C whole step D whole step E half step F whole step G whole step A whole step B half step C

now chordally all the chords have to be formed of notes within the key. This is another lesson for another date however.....

I        II         III        IV         V                                                   VI             VII
Cmajor, Dminor, Eminor, Fmajor, Gmajor or G7 ( common substitution), Aminor, and Bm7b5.

This is your blank pallet with which to write with  however the uncreative toolshedders have created magical formula of Ichord Vchord VI chord and IV chord that every pop band must write their songs with.

In our key of C that equates to Cmajor, Gmajor, Aminor, Fmajor. With this 4 chord sequence and some whiny lyrics of teenage heartbreak angst ( usually written by some 50 yr old dude ) you too can rule the world like Nickelback and the Johnas bros.

You got my point was about to flip out on him.

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2008, 03:00:26 PM »
Nickleback is pretty solid. I'm not a huge fan of them, but they can sure crank out the hits.

So in order to be a hit you must play the guitar like Stevie Ray Vaughn, the drums like ?ues Love, the bass like Stanley, and the Piano like Brian Culbertson? Good music is good music.... no matter how easy or difficult it is.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 03:02:05 PM by TwentyFo »
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2008, 03:04:48 PM »

Surely the Johnas bros. are vulchin the hills to get to number one, cause they sure as shi@ can't play the fluffluffluff'n guitar.

Let me explain

This is the definition of a 'successful troll'. Good show 24.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 03:06:49 PM by Motherland »

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2008, 03:08:04 PM »
Nickleback is pretty solid. I'm not a huge fan of them, but they can sure crank out the hits.

So in order to be a hit you must play the guitar like Stevie Ray Vaughn, the drums like ?ues Love, the bass like Stanley, and the Piano like Brian Culbertson? Good music is good music.... no matter how easy or difficult it is.
To over rated. 

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2008, 03:11:54 PM »
Naw I like the 2 or 3 chords and the truth mentality too, HOWEVER the music business side of things has a tendency to beat a dead horse and  THEN it just gets outta control. It mostly isn't about the artists, but the formula. AND NO AND THEN! This has happened over and over again in the history of music though and is nothing new BUT.....every time I hear those 4 chords now in a row I wanna vomit :)

BEAT THAT DEAD HORSIE! BEAT HIM! BEAT HIM! MILK HIM FOR ALL THE MONEY HE IS WORTH! BEAT HIM!

lol I digress.
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2008, 03:13:47 PM »

This is the definition of a 'successful troll'. Good show 24.

hell yeah 24 good work, btw! :salute
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2008, 03:14:21 PM »
The Jonas brothers only got notice by there looks and that why peolpe love them just look at Tokio Hotel  Girls love the singer because he look like a she.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2008, 03:22:01 PM »
Hits /= good music.  it just means its easily digestible by the masses who would rather have the "man" tell him what to listen to.

support indy artists.

here.  I'll even list some indy artists from different genre's.

Live dance/trip-hop/jamtronica check out EOTO:

http://www.myspace.com/eotomusic
everything you hear they've done live and improved.  i have some great soundboards if you are interested.

Good old rock and roll?

Widespread Panic of course!
http://www.panicstream.com/vault.htm
My favorite show is the 2000-11-22 in Asheville.  Was my first.  Lots of gems in those archives though.  You might be surprised to see some of the people they've played with.

Bluegrass folk meets punk?

Avett Brothers, I'm not too excited when they get screamy but I've seen some good shows.
http://www.theavettbrothers.com/site.php?content=media

We'll start a new thread for more stuff to check out if you'd like.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2008, 03:23:28 PM »
Hits /= good music.  it just means its easily digestible by the masses who would rather have the "man" tell him what to listen to.

support indy artists.

here.  I'll even list some indy artists from different genre's.

Live dance/trip-hop/jamtronica check out EOTO:

http://www.myspace.com/eotomusic
everything you hear they've done live and improved.  i have some great soundboards if you are interested.

Good old rock and roll?

Widespread Panic of course!
http://www.panicstream.com/vault.htm
My favorite show is the 2000-11-22 in Asheville.  Was my first.  Lots of gems in those archives though.  You might be surprised to see some of the people they've played with.

Bluegrass folk meets punk?

Avett Brothers, I'm not too excited when they get screamy but I've seen some good shows.
http://www.theavettbrothers.com/site.php?content=media

We'll start a new thread for more stuff to check out if you'd like.

What about metal?