Author Topic: Wow....  (Read 3877 times)

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
Re: Wow....
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2008, 07:12:15 PM »
Well i ruin this thread my job here is done thank you for all coming.  :D
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2008, 05:41:20 AM »
Isn't that what you do in every thread?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2008, 10:46:34 AM »

This was a good thread. Why would you want to be a banus and try to ruin it? :rofl

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2008, 10:54:08 AM »
If you like to BnZ, let it be, you're having fun, it's your money. Everyone (including me) puts down BnZ'ers because it takes no skill,

BnZ takes no skill? :huh
I disagree
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2008, 01:30:05 PM »
I disagree

I do as well. I'm amazed how guys can still be able to turn while diving on somebody. However it  to me is a little one dimentional. Some B&Zers can turn fight most can't . The minute the B&Z fails and they mis judged the amount of E his foe really has they will just run or as they put it "extend" out of the fight until they regain alt or some fast plane runs his butt down.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2008, 01:35:57 PM »
I disagree

Usually the argument follows that BnZ does take skill.  But extending past icon range isn't BnZ.  Thats one pass and haul "rear end".

If you rely on BnZ as your lone attack tatic you will more than likely end up timid and have in turn lose when you get caught without all the advantages.

or something like that.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2008, 02:12:06 PM »
I disagree

I think the problem is that players like 1pluss44 is that they really don't know what BnZ is and just parrot what they see others say about it.  To them, it seems like any vertical maneuvering is considered to be BnZ.

Yesterday, I was in the MW when I encountered a Hurricane IIc and I engaged the bandit.  The Hurricane immediately went into a flat lufberry turn which I responded with using vertical turns (Yo-Yos and the like) to cut inside the Hurricane's better flat turn rate.  I got the kill and the Hurricane IIc pilot (fireplug) immediately started in with the 'skilless BnZ' crap.  No matter how I would explain it to him or show him (be repeatedly shooting him down) he couldn't grasp the concept of using vertical maneuvers to defeat a plane with a better flat turn rate.  To him, any move in the vertical was "BnZ", even when we were in a downward spiral turn fight he considered it to be BnZ.  So when guys talk about using BnZ tactics taking no skill, they either 1) don't understand the concept of BnZ or 2) think players that dive and haul bellybutton a sector away is BnZ, which is anything but BnZ.

So the way I see it, the problem isn't BnZ, it's players that don't understand the concept of it or don't even know what it is and automatically assume any maneuvering in the vertical is BnZ.  It just boils down to player ignorance.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2008, 04:13:21 PM »
I don't think many of you 38 guys are B&Zers by definition. For me it's very difficult to defeat a 38 with alt. Not much a guy can do except try and lure one into a turn fight  and hope the guy loses enough E to get an upper hand . Unfortunately non of you guys ever lose enough E for me to do so . If you miss the shot it's back up to the perch and try again. Not many attempts are usually needed because by that time all my E is gone dodging attempts.   Not many of the planes in MW can out run a 38, so running is never an option and the planes I fly are all but dead before the fight begins.

Fireplug is one of MW's biggest whinners. The other day he was about 2-3k below me in his hoicanne. I was in a shallow turn just looking to see if he noticed me. When I did dive on him he went immediately vertical for a Ho shot. I couldn't believe he did that so I hoed him to a fine powder. He then started up with his all I can do is ho and how I warped behind him a couple of times with me in his sights ruining his shot. I just laughed at him . The dude had to broadcast this on all channel in some attempt belittle me for his mistake. My thought upon first spotting his plane was to use the 38 guys philosophy of staying over him and attacking him until he made a mistake.

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2008, 11:39:27 PM »
Ha!

I've always suspected they complain more about boom and zoom when it works than when if fails.

How can you "skill-less" and yet defeat a much better turning aircraft 1v1? That is not skill-less, that is the very zenith of ACM IMHO.

I think the problem is that players like 1pluss44 is that they really don't know what BnZ is and just parrot what they see others say about it.  To them, it seems like any vertical maneuvering is considered to be BnZ.

Yesterday, I was in the MW when I encountered a Hurricane IIc and I engaged the bandit.  The Hurricane immediately went into a flat lufberry turn which I responded with using vertical turns (Yo-Yos and the like) to cut inside the Hurricane's better flat turn rate.  I got the kill and the Hurricane IIc pilot (fireplug) immediately started in with the 'skilless BnZ' crap.  No matter how I would explain it to him or show him (be repeatedly shooting him down) he couldn't grasp the concept of using vertical maneuvers to defeat a plane with a better flat turn rate.  To him, any move in the vertical was "BnZ", even when we were in a downward spiral turn fight he considered it to be BnZ.  So when guys talk about using BnZ tactics taking no skill, they either 1) don't understand the concept of BnZ or 2) think players that dive and haul bellybutton a sector away is BnZ, which is anything but BnZ.

So the way I see it, the problem isn't BnZ, it's players that don't understand the concept of it or don't even know what it is and automatically assume any maneuvering in the vertical is BnZ.  It just boils down to player ignorance.

ack-ack

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2008, 12:48:09 AM »

...Just seems that when people say this over the intardnet, is this what they'd say to someone's face in real life?  :huh

heck no, they would get a mouth full of broken teeth,and they know it.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2008, 01:30:32 AM »

True...

What most folks fail to grasp is the fact that BnZ is simply one facet of Energy fighting. But hey...if noobs wanna continue to think that what E fiters do is "easy"....let'em. Simply means they will continue to be targets for their betters.  :D :rock

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Wyld45

• Copper Member
      • AH2 Rough Rider Bugler
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2008, 02:53:25 AM »

I just read down the AH General Discussion, the biggest threads were whines and rants and ALL of them ended in an Argument... I wonder how long this one will last w/o a single argument??

Hey 1plus, no doubt about that. Check out my "Wyld Ride" thread.

Isnt that funny,all those "readers" and yet only one reply.(TY BCINHU, :aok).
                    Just wasnt negative enough I guess!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 02:58:53 AM by Wyld45 »
RRWyld45  1138th "Rough Riders" Bomber Wing

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2008, 03:01:11 AM »
1plus... Big fan of yours.... agreed but the complainers come out when we post positive topics in this forum! :furious
See Rule #6

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2008, 03:02:02 AM »
LIKE ACKACK :furious
See Rule #6

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2008, 03:37:09 AM »
I dont care alot about how other people fly. The whiners usually whine if you dont fly by their rules and fly in a way that does not suit the ride they are in. My "job" is to react and fly in a way that does _not_ make their ride superior to what im flying.