Author Topic: X52 vs X52pro  (Read 363 times)

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
X52 vs X52pro
« on: October 17, 2008, 07:31:11 AM »
Have to replace my X52. All best buy has is the X52 Pro

Will my X52 profiles work with the Pro? Whats the difference between the two?

Thanks
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: X52 vs X52pro
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 08:22:19 AM »
While I don't own a X52Pro I've heard mention that the joystick has an added internal spring that increases torque a wee bit.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 08:57:44 AM »
Never had a X52 but I do use a Pro.  The profile should work, but might need some tweaking. 
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 12:18:24 PM »
I'm not sure about this, but when I was having problems with my X-52 (regular), I was on the Saitek UK forums and I think I saw a post saying that the profiles were not compatible between the X-52 regular and Pro.

<S>

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 01:35:00 PM »
Its the universal programming software for all of Saiteks products called SD6.

The original software for X52 was called SST and the profiles were stored in a (.dat) format file. The new software called SD6 requires .Net FrameWork 2.0 to be installed if you use XP. It stores profiles in a (.prO) format. It no longers sees the pinkie switch on the X52 or Pro as a programable button. Now it can only be used as a mode shifter.

SD6 allows you to create profiles for the X52, X52 Pro, and just about every controler Saitek has with programmable buttons. One of the biggest complaints is that Saitek did not put an import feature into SD6 to convert the old (.dat) format profiles to (.prO).

So I'm off to the store to buy an X52 Pro. My X52's have been lasting about 2 years of hard AH flying and then they die from rabbid stick spiking that won't allow any of the auto pilot settings to hold.

*NOTE*: It's not my USB bus. I just built a new ASUS P5Q Pro system with a 750W power supply and I have a powered Belkin hub. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.