Author Topic: Perk Point Bank PLEASE!  (Read 707 times)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Perk Point Bank PLEASE!
« on: October 29, 2008, 07:16:53 AM »
Ideally could be a simple web page, you log in with username and password. The page  then grabs the info from the AH servers as to what perks you have where. Puts a page up showing what perks you have and offering options.

To convert GV perks to Fighter, make it a hefty 33% service charge. Same for any simple change, fighter to bomber, or GV, GV to bomber or fighter, etc.

To send perk points to another players acct, squadmate etc, should be a fairly minor fee. 10% off the top.
You send "mysquadie" 250 fighter perks so he can up a 262 mission, he'd see 225 arrive.

To move perks from one arena to another, well might not want to encourage that. So make it a stiff 50% fee to do it.

Come on HTC, we have "perks" but you don't let us spend them. We can't convert them, give them away, change them from place to place. Its like worthless money.

Plus once you have a perk point bank, you could have duels that actually have something riding on the outcome.

Imagine Skyrock dueling Shawk for 10k perks.  :)

Either that or make AH merchandise that we can buy with perk points.

20k fighter perks for a hat or something.  :)

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
Re: Perk Point Bank PLEASE!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 07:55:51 AM »
Ideally could be a simple web page, you log in with username and password. The page  then grabs the info from the AH servers as to what perks you have where. Puts a page up showing what perks you have and offering options.

To convert GV perks to Fighter, make it a hefty 33% service charge. Same for any simple change, fighter to bomber, or GV, GV to bomber or fighter, etc.

To send perk points to another players acct, squadmate etc, should be a fairly minor fee. 10% off the top.
You send "mysquadie" 250 fighter perks so he can up a 262 mission, he'd see 225 arrive.

To move perks from one arena to another, well might not want to encourage that. So make it a stiff 50% fee to do it.

Come on HTC, we have "perks" but you don't let us spend them. We can't convert them, give them away, change them from place to place. Its like worthless money.

Plus once you have a perk point bank, you could have duels that actually have something riding on the outcome.

Either that or make AH merchandise that we can buy with perk points.

This is an excellent suggestion and worthy of serious consideration by HiTech.

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 08:05:07 AM »
Why "service charge"? it doesnt have any benefits to anyone.

Otherwise a good idea. (would be nice to sell perks to noobs)  :devil

I am a spy!

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 08:09:12 AM »
Ghosth,

I know we've butted heads on this before, but I so strongly believe that transferring perks is such a bad idea I'm going to repost this link:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,185803.msg2149274.html#msg2149274

:salute

<edit>  I do agree, however, that some sort of way to move your own perks from one category to another would be good. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 08:33:37 AM by APDrone »
AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 09:20:19 AM »
Transferring perks for your account alone (As you mentioned, GV to fighter, etc...) isn't a bad idea. However the trouble arrives when you allow people to transfer perks from one account to another. That's all the more bait a local AH community computer cracker needs to start cracking passwords for accounts so he can steal your perks.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Paladin3

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 10:51:47 AM »
This would be a good idea I think. It would be handy to help out those who want in on a sortie of perked items so everyone can participate.

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 11:00:27 AM »
Transferring perks for your account alone (As you mentioned, GV to fighter, etc...) isn't a bad idea. However the trouble arrives when you allow people to transfer perks from one account to another. That's all the more bait a local AH community computer cracker needs to start cracking passwords for accounts so he can steal your perks.

Let him try my account! Ive been flying for two years and still dont have enough to up a 262!  :rofl
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 11:45:09 AM »
I agree with those who say that transferring perks from account to account is a bad bad idea.  This game is free from the nasty side effects of an "economy".  I would hope we can keep it that way.

Converting perks from one type to another would be nice, even with the service fee.  In fact, I think the service fee is needed to discourage (to some degree) people from milking perks in a bomber (or GV, I can invision every strat target on the map being swarmed by Ostwinds) with the intent of converting to fighter perks.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Iron_Cross

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 10:16:14 PM »
Well I got forty acres of n00b planted here.  Some HO'tard over there, gotta watch out for him he runs right at'cha, ain't to smart tho.  Furballer is there, he's a wily one, kinda hard to harvest unless his attention is on someone else.  Then ya have yer 1337 P!137S, they's gots a little more smarts than the HO'tards, but still a few fries short of a happy meal, ifluff'n ya know what I mean.  Pickers, runners, 'n experten I stay away from.  Pickers 'n runners ain't worth the trouble, 'n experten could ruin yer whole crop ifluff'n ya tangle wit 'em.

Yep, gonna be a bumper crop on the perk farm 'ere.

Offline bobtom

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 10:18:16 PM »

That would be good to see.

Also, what about the winner of the KOTH?

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 12:04:31 AM »

And you'd literally be paying for the said hat/shirt with your subscription too. So after 20k fighter perks or 1 year w/ HTC, you get a free hat or something. (Every month, they put off like 1$ out of your 15$$ charge, or just charge you 16$)  :rock
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 11:25:00 AM »
Leave perks as they are. No bank, no transfer, no conversion.

And btw... perk formations.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 04:30:32 PM »
If you earn the perks, spend them. It's not THAT hard to get rid of them. Just have a night of suiciding into huge furballs in 262s. Fun and a good way to burn perks.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Jnuk

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 02:19:21 PM »
Well I got forty acres of n00b planted here.  Some HO'tard over there, gotta watch out for him he runs right at'cha, ain't to smart tho.  Furballer is there, he's a wily one, kinda hard to harvest unless his attention is on someone else.  Then ya have yer 1337 P!137S, they's gots a little more smarts than the HO'tards, but still a few fries short of a happy meal, ifluffluff'n ya know what I mean.  Pickers, runners, 'n experten I stay away from.  Pickers 'n runners ain't worth the trouble, 'n experten could ruin yer whole crop ifluffluff'n ya tangle wit 'em.

Yep, gonna be a bumper crop on the perk farm 'ere.

Thats gotta be one of the funnier posts I have ever read on these boards. <S> to you, lol!