Author Topic: Map Re-set... FIX IT!  (Read 1312 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Map Re-set... FIX IT!
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2008, 05:13:35 PM »
I agree BaldEagl that what happened to you is very unfortunate.  The bases should not automatically change sides when the war is won.  I hope you only lost some of those perks and not all of them because it was a "disco" right?

i believe they change back to what they were when that particular map came up.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline NotEnemyPlane

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2008, 05:47:38 PM »
Yeah I don't want to step on any e-peens on here since I've only been playing about a month and a half. I like the game. I like all aspects of the game. Sometimes I sit on a carrier and just shell towns, or bombing an undefended town and other times I like furballin'. All I am saying is if some country won, great! Take the servers down at a predetermined time to change the map or something like that.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2008, 06:36:17 PM »
I agree with what most everyone has said, and I too have been hit by the "you're now at an enemy base" hammer.  It does bite, but I get over it.  I can't imagine it being very difficult to not have the base ownership change until the map changes and the server resets the arena.  I mean, we're not even getting the same map after the reset, so what's the point in changing ownership at that moment?

From what I hear, once the map is won, ownership changes to what it will be the next time that map is used in the rotation.  If that's true, then why do it the instant the map is won?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2008, 04:44:10 PM »
I guess it's something you really won't understand unless you were here prior but I'll try to explain because from your reply, you're assuming I'm talking about something else entirely.  

I'm not referring to Furballer vs. Toolshedder, hord vs. non-hord, angles fighter vs. energy fighter, etc.  I am referring to a decline of game play that I've noticed since the contest.  Since then, the game play has decidedly shifted into the "play for score/rank" style of play which breeds timid behavior.  Let me preface this by saying that score potatos and those that are timid have been around since time immortal and will always be, they were in AW, WB and in this game.  However, since the contest, this sort of playing style has become the norm and it has had impact on the game play.

People can also say that the commercials have also had an impact besides drawing in more players.  It can be argued that it also attracted a more casual gamer that isn't as inclined as the more dedicated gamer to learn how to dogfight, which breeds a herd mentality (i.e. the hord) and will usually readily engage in head on situations to get a kill.

It's that type of decline of game play that I am speaking of, not a mine camp vs. your camp kind of thing.

ack-ack

I understand your point of view ack-ack, but having been around since the towns were little and there were no drones attached to your Buffs, it seems remarkably the same with a few exceptions... I took about two years off and must have missed the "contest". I know from listening to some of my more talented squaddies that are usually top 5 in one category or another that scoring has become a bigger motovation than it once was... I personally hover around 300-500 pretty consistently, so being concerned with being #1 doesn't "rank" high on my list of concerns. There are those (some fly F-18s for non existant naval units) that are IMHO overly concerned with scoring, and will rant for hours on 200 if someone shoots them down! Ya gotta laugh!
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2008, 05:17:26 PM »
I understand your point of view ack-ack, but having been around since the towns were little and there were no drones attached to your Buffs, it seems remarkably the same with a few exceptions... I took about two years off and must have missed the "contest". I know from listening to some of my more talented squaddies that are usually top 5 in one category or another that scoring has become a bigger motovation than it once was... I personally hover around 300-500 pretty consistently, so being concerned with being #1 doesn't "rank" high on my list of concerns. There are those (some fly F-18s for non existant naval units) that are IMHO overly concerned with scoring, and will rant for hours on 200 if someone shoots them down! Ya gotta laugh!

:rofl :rofl
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2008, 05:24:55 PM »
Unless they've changed it ... you Don't lose Perks if your inflight during a reset .

The Country move was done due to " Reset corner "  and is built into the game .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2008, 05:30:15 PM »
Unless they've changed it ... you Don't lose Perks if your inflight during a reset .

The Country move was done due to " Reset corner "  and is built into the game .

Problem is remaining in flight for those four minutes when the base underneath you suddenly reverts back to its previous owner while you are low slow, flaps and gear out, coming in for a post sortie landing.

I agree with the OP, very frustrating.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder