Author Topic: 109 G6 missing something?  (Read 4598 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: 109 G6 missing something?
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2008, 08:14:57 AM »
AND although others have said they achieved 408 mph with our g14 at 16.5K (reported alt and  speed) I NEVER have!  ( OTD yes but NOT at alt)

You got a 109G-14 up to 408mph on the deck in level flight? :huh  I know you feel strongly about this stuff, but let's not derail this thread with rants. ;)
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2008, 08:20:22 AM »
You 109 guys crack me up, you have different models,load options and gun packages galore to choose from. Yet you still get owned by a simple Yak almost every time.   :D

Groza fashchistov (Terror of the fascists) :devil

<S>...-Gixer

« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 08:31:57 AM by Gixer »

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2008, 08:51:24 AM »
Well, when it started, this thread sure degenerated fast...

Wrag,

Why did you have to vomit that garbage of yours into a yet another thread? I've seen you do that about dozen times now and it gets old really fast. There was no dedicated ground attack model, nor do 109s accelerate poorly. Having dueled against you in 109s I can say that your biggest problem is firmly between stick and the seat.

BiPolar,

This silly "Neutered" BS doesn't help your cause at all.

Anaxogoras,

You tell Wrag not to derail the thread and yet you babble about wanting a GM-1 -equipped in a thread about MK 108 load out option for G-6.

FlyinFin,

109F-4 has nothing to do with this thread, stay on topic. Make your own thread about its load out options if you must.

Squire,

I get back to you after I've counted to 10.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2008, 08:53:48 AM »
Ohh it's Gixer with his usual "I fly a rare plane like the Yak-9T! I'm l33t in it! Therefore LOOK AT ME! I'm so special!" ...that he manages to vomit into about every thread imaginable.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2008, 09:13:21 AM »
Anaxogoras,

You tell Wrag not to derail the thread and yet you babble about wanting a GM-1 -equipped in a thread about MK 108 load out option for G-6.

Since when is one sentence babbling?  You'll have to forgive the small digressions.  You know very well why the creep up when talking about the 109.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2008, 09:18:10 AM »
Ohh it's Gixer with his usual "I fly a rare plane like the Yak-9T! I'm l33t in it! Therefore LOOK AT ME! I'm so special!"

What's the matter miss out on your Weet-Bix this morning? Didn't you notice the big smilie face? Maybe I should just fly uber rides and  everything under the sun including 262s like you just to maintain my score..  :lol

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2008, 09:34:15 AM »
What's the matter miss out on your Weet-Bix this morning?

Nah, just seeing you do it over and over again in threads that have nothing to do with Yak-9T it just started to get old fast and my glass of it obviously got full today. I hardly fly uber rides (Ki-84, 190A-8 this tour) and the occational 262 won't do much for my score. But let's rather keep this thread on topic.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 09:39:46 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline JB11

• Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2008, 10:13:57 AM »
You 109 guys crack me up, you have different models,load options and gun packages galore to choose from. Yet you still get owned by a simple Yak almost every time.   :D

Groza fashchistov (Terror of the fascists) :devil

<S>...-Gixer

Eeeeeeaaaasy Gix......... :cool:

:salute
Never abandon the possibility of attack. Attack even from a position of inferiority, to disrupt the enemy's plans. This often results in improving one's own position. - General Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe
Proverbs 3:5,6

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2008, 10:16:28 AM »
Well, when it started, this thread sure degenerated fast...

Wrag,

Why did you have to vomit that garbage of yours into a yet another thread? I've seen you do that about dozen times now and it gets old really fast. There was no dedicated ground attack model, nor do 109s accelerate poorly. Having dueled against you in 109s I can say that your biggest problem is firmly between stick and the seat.

BiPolar,

This silly "Neutered" BS doesn't help your cause at all.

Anaxogoras,

FlyinFin,

109F-4 has nothing to do with this thread, stay on topic. Make your own thread about its load out options if you must.

Squire,

I get back to you after I've counted to 10.
I was trying to point out a fact.
you bashing every person that has posted in this thread doesn't help yours.

You need a hug. You're one very angry person.
Group hug for Wmaker
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2008, 10:20:50 AM »
I emailed Kurfurst last night via his website and so hopefully he'll be able to come up with hard numbers and data etc, I remember he used to post quite a lot in the Aircraft and vehicle section, he was a bit of an eccentric fellow though, but one thing about him was undeniable, he did know the specs and data on the 109 inside out. He could produce originall documents etc showing all manner of things about the 109, some of you guys that have been on the bbs will no doubt remember him.
Anyway, if I ever hear back from the guy then I'll post it up here. (S)
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2008, 10:35:12 AM »
some of you guys that have been on the bbs will no doubt remember him.

I'm not holding my breath...
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2008, 11:14:45 AM »
You're one very angry person.

Actually I'm not.

I just try to make you guys see how you come across; "neutered this, neutered that", "slanting for allies" bla bla bla...

It just does not help your case. Most of you know next to nothing about the subject and just fill the thread with noise. That simply does not help your cause.

It does seem that almost all the 109G-6/U4s were delivered on strength to the JGs between 2-44 and 7-44, according to the Bundesarchiv data. It would be helpfull to have a photo or something to indicate some of the equippment issues ala canopy, tail, ect, because that seems very close to being "late model" to me.   

In addition, are you asking for another version to be added? or just the 30mm option included in the current model of 109G-6? because that makes a difference. My understanding was you guys just wanted the option added.

...and for the record im not a fan of the LA-7s rare 3 cannons either, but thats another issue.

Squire,

Here's another listing on the G-6/U4s produced. It's from Hannu Valtonen's book MESSERSCHMITT BF 109 JA SAKSAN SOTATALOUS.

WNr. 20000-20800---------85 U4s, 06.1943-08.1943
WNr. 440000-442099-----1419 U4s, 09.1943-08.1944
WNr. 510600-510999------130 U4s, 08.1944-10.1944

So according to this listing a total of 1634 /U4s were produced.

About the outside appearance of the plane,

I really don't understand why you just can't just trust me when I say that starting from 440000 batch they had the same canopy as AH's G-6 has right now. Framed canopy with that Gallandpanzer (like the one in AH) started appearing mid-1943 around the same time as that big production batch of U4's was started. AHs G-6 is bit of a bastardazation (is that a word :D) of the most earlies production batches and the mid production batches. To make AHs G-6 totally accurate in outside appearance for the MK 108 it would need to have the shorter antenna mast and the D/F-loop behind the cockpit...as I've already explained before. I'm sure the later aircraft (the ones produced '44) in the 440000 batch and all (or most) aircraft in the 510600 had Erla Haube. In the end I don't really see how any of this has any meaning since I'm suspecting that HTC isn't keen on adding multiple DB605A-1 -engined G-6s in the game just for the sake of outside appearance.

All in all, I'm not really asking anything. Pyro took the loadout away, I suspect it's not coming back anytime soon. I do think that he took it away for the wrong reasons and that that decision isn't consistant with other desicions made about other loadouts in the game. La-7's three cannons might be a separate issue but it is a good example in demostrating this inconsistency that I'm talking about.

And before someone starts screaming it...no, I really don't think pyro or anyone at HTC has any kind of bias regarding this issue or anything else. I do suspect that they are extremely busy. Pyro who usually handles these plane related matters, as a game producer has a helluva lot more on his plate than only the fine tuning loadouts for almost 80 odd virtual aircraft.

My theory is that pyro removed the 30mm loadout as Wotan asked him to do so. I do think he asked pyro to do so for all the wrong reasons. Pyro was in a hurry to get the 109 loadouts done (that is why he asked the community's help in the first place) and he just deleted the loadout and was done with it. I'm sure that at the time he had stuff to do and bigger things to worry about than a single loadout-option and he didn't have the time to do all this research himself. In the grand scheme of things 5 guys bickering over one imaginary cannon probably doesn't raise much concern at Grapewine. :D

EDIT/Just for clarification Squire. You weren't the reason why I had to count to 10. :)/EDIT
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 11:45:17 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2008, 11:27:55 AM »
I suppose my question is what a G6 with a 30mm brings that we don't already have better in the K4.

I'm serious; I'm not being argumentative here.

If I had a G6 with the 30mm and the K4 with the 30mm, both sitting in the hangar, why would I choose the G6 over the K4, other than for variety?
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2008, 11:28:52 AM »
And Stoney, you're not allowed to post anymore until you put away your elf costume and strap on a scarf and goggles again.

You're the one that got me flying these evil 109's in the first place.   :furious
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2008, 11:29:05 AM »
Ok, here's how the /U4 or most of the mid-production 109G-6s look:

The above is from Prien's and  Rodeike's MESSERSCHMITT Bf 109 F, G, & K Series, page 101.

Sorry about the quality. Didn't feel like shoving the big book into scanner so took a pic instead.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 11:30:45 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34