Author Topic: "dont move your control stick so rapidly" SUCKS  (Read 193 times)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
"dont move your control stick so rapidly" SUCKS
« on: February 02, 2000, 04:53:00 PM »
I am really beginning to hate that message.
It comes up at strange times, doesnt seem to take much to cause it, and when it happens, you cannot control your airplane for a short time.

Once right after takeoff it came on, I couldnt control my plane and crashed.  Today, once again I was chasing a con, he dove, I followed, that damn message came up and I went on right into the ground.  To many times now I have been in a fight and this handsomehunk message popped up and it has caused me to die.   I AM NOT MOVING MY STICK FAST!!!

One time, flying along at altitude I started yanking the stick around real hard to see what it took to make the warning come on and I couldt activate it.  So many other times I have just been doing regular fighting when this message/lockup happened.

It sucks, and it must be fixed. I am sure it was instituted to prevent stick stirring, but I am not a stick stirrer.

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2000, 07:57:00 PM »
Dago,

You must have some stick spikes you're not aware of.  I can't make this message happen even when I try to.

--ra--

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2000, 08:43:00 PM »
Good thought ra, I went into the stick setup section where you can watch a graph run as you move your stick.  Flat line.  I checked the stick in all axis, full deflection, partial deflection, holding it steady at differant positions.  No spikes shown.

I dont know what is causing it, but it happened again during a fight.  I have lost many fights, or at least lost the advantage due to this problem.  I fear this problem could frustrate me so much over time I might end up giving up AH eventually.  

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2000, 08:56:00 PM »
Dago do you have DX7.0 or DX7.0A ?

-Westy

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2000, 10:23:00 PM »
Did you check the graph while you were online?

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

"If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid."

Offline Sharky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.31stfightergroup.com
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2000, 11:42:00 PM »
Hummmm,

I thought they took that feature out.  Was flying the other night and got into a couple of fights where the con was dancing all over the place (stick stirring).  Well on the next sortie I had my pony up to about 15k and started to throw the stick around to see if that routine was still there and I couldn't get it to tell me to stop "moving the stick to fast" so I thought it had been taken out.  Well I sure am glad it's still there, best feature of the game if you ask me  

Sharky

------------------
You can run, but you just die tired.

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2000, 06:50:00 AM »
Dago, first off what kind of stick are you using? When this feature first came out, certain types of sticks (digital sticks and Sidewinders in particular) seemed the most susceptible.

Also check to make sure that you first calibrate your stick in Windows, then immediately go and calibrate your stick in AH.

The one time I had this problem was when I had recalibrated in AH, but hadn't calibrated in windows first.  Its showed a nice flat line in the joystick setup window, but would get the "Don't Move" message in the game.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure,
Dicta Verm: "Never give the suckers an even break!" or translated "Never engage without an advantage"

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2000, 10:50:00 PM »
Okay, I am flying a CH F16 Combat Stick, CH Pedals and Prothrottle.   I have calibrated it in Windows, calibrated it in AH.  I can check it in AH both offline, and online, and while flying.  Dead smooth trace at all times.  Regardless of position, and trace is good during stick movements. No spiking noted ever.  Yet, still I get the message of moving my stick sometimes.  It really sucks when I am fighting or just took off. Today, I took off, was in a steady climbing turn to another direction when it came on again.  Damn near augered before control returned.  I am not too happy with this reoccuring problem.
Dago

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2000, 08:40:00 AM »
Odd. Same setup but with Pro Pedals.
Dago, try this. Disable your sound card in device manager (you may have to reboot) and then make a few flights online and see what happens.
I am assuming you're plugging into your soundcards midi(joystick) port.

-Westy