Author Topic: RAF Mustang MkIA  (Read 2512 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
RAF Mustang MkIA
« on: October 27, 2008, 04:03:04 PM »
Knowing that only 200 C-Hogs were built and HiTech was kind enough to introduce them into the game.

In September 1940, 150 aircraft, designated NA-91 by North American, were ordered under the Lend/Lease program. These were designated by the USAAF as P-51 and initially named Apache, although this was soon dropped and the RAF name, Mustang, adopted instead. The British designated this model as Mustang IA. The Mustang Mk IA was identical to the Mustang Mk I except that the wing-mounted machine guns were removed and replaced with four long-barrelled 20 mm Hispano Mk II cannon.

Since our furballs are mostly 15k to the deck, this would be a perkable addition to the inventory. Kind of like a Hurri-C and a P40 had a love child.......... :O

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: RAF Mustang MkIA
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 05:14:20 PM »
Knowing that only 200 C-Hogs were built and HiTech was kind enough to introduce them into the game.

In September 1940, 150 aircraft, designated NA-91 by North American, were ordered under the Lend/Lease program. These were designated by the USAAF as P-51 and initially named Apache, although this was soon dropped and the RAF name, Mustang, adopted instead. The British designated this model as Mustang IA. The Mustang Mk IA was identical to the Mustang Mk I except that the wing-mounted machine guns were removed and replaced with four long-barrelled 20 mm Hispano Mk II cannon.

Since our furballs are mostly 15k to the deck, this would be a perkable addition to the inventory. Kind of like a Hurri-C and a P40 had a love child.......... :O

Woah woah woah... woah...
So my far-fetched crackpot dream of a stang with hispanos isn't as far-fetched or crackpotish as I thought?  Just what I always wanted, a P-hog!
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 05:28:30 PM »

If Grandpa Pig Bustr requests it, then it must be good! May we have it HTC?  Please? :pray
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 05:39:53 PM »
Only after the much more produced Allison birds get done. An A36 would make much more sense.

You  guys needing to compensate for your small joysticks with 4 cannons need to relax :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 06:02:11 PM »
Only after the much more produced Allison birds get done. An A36 would make much more sense.

You  guys needing to compensate for your small joysticks with 4 cannons need to relax :)
I'm with the A36.
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.

Offline ShrkBite

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 07:51:32 PM »
Finally god has answered my wish to put 20's on the 51. PLEASE ADD THIS!!!!!!!!!!! :D :pray

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 07:52:23 PM »
Finally god has answered my wish to put 20's on the 51. PLEASE ADD THIS!!!!!!!!!!! :D :pray
What about the B-29 with lazers?
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 08:10:59 PM »
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 10:23:29 PM »

God, or.....

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline BluTrain

• Copper Member
      • Jagdgeschwader 53
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 02:52:21 AM »
Would be cool to see but I'd imagine that we won't see it until the perked ord feature is implemented if at all being only 150 were produced.  Anyone know any deployment details for this bird?
Major 'Technischer Offizier' I/JG53

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 05:10:08 AM »
The RAF used their 600 odd Mk Is and Mk IAs for low level recon and ground attack over France and Germany from mid 42 on. The Allisons just didn't have the alt performance to be used for normal fighter duties in that theater. The USAAF used their few Mk IAs for low level recon in the Med.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 05:11:39 AM by Greebo »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 12:15:22 PM »
The RAF used their 600 odd Mk Is and Mk IAs for low level recon and ground attack over France and Germany from mid 42 on. The Allisons just didn't have the alt performance to be used for normal fighter duties in that theater. The USAAF used their few Mk IAs for low level recon in the Med.

The USAAF called them P51s/F6As (154th Observation Squadron in Africa) not Mk IAs.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 01:02:41 PM »
Would be cool to see but I'd imagine that we won't see it until the perked ord feature is implemented if at all being only 150 were produced.  Anyone know any deployment details for this bird?

Why would the A-36 need to be perked?  Just because there was only a 150 made is no reason and if added to the game it would not cause an unbalance in the game play.  No justification for being perked, plane or ordnance.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 01:40:13 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

You tease, good sir.

The USAAF called them P51s/F6As (154th Observation Squadron in Africa) not Mk IAs.

Thanks for sharing that, I was curious if any of these P51s made their way into the USAAF, and if so what they called them.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 01:48:04 PM »
You know what... It was just today i was thinking "I know what we need! More Americaplanes!"...

After all, this update all we got was a remodel of the F6F.  That is one whole update without a completely new Americaplane  :mad:

;)
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --