Author Topic: Divided="FAIL"  (Read 621 times)

Offline Wyld45

• Copper Member
      • AH2 Rough Rider Bugler
Divided="FAIL"
« on: October 28, 2008, 08:20:39 PM »
                  After a little "Sea-Bass'n" this weekend,(which was pretty good by the way,)
         decided to kick back for some movie-time. Of course after spending several hours
         in the air on the PC, had to have a side dish, so I grab "Tora-Tora-Tora" off the
         shelf. I borrowed it from my father-in-law and was due to give it back soon so
         thought I'd better watch it while I had the time.  Made me think alot about
         certain things on how history unfolded the way it did, and how in alot of ways,
         we were just dmnd lucky on so much of it. 

Now Japan may have teamed up with Germany like two fan-fav wrestlers,but
         it sure as hades didnt help either one of them in the end. Biggest reason that
         kept running through my head is, both were divided against theirselves in so
         many of their departments so badly, not one branch or Dpt.figure could agree
         with another long enough to provide a good offensive,or complete an objective.

As with "Tora-T-T", Navy vs Army vs Officers vs Leaders. Just goes to show
         Gents, get more done cooperating with others than running off doing your own
         thing. So no matter if its Bases, Furballing, or taking out the enemy CV, Victory
         comes a whole lot easier when working together. 

Just a thought as its another sucky night at work.  CYas@ 11sh

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 08:25:49 PM by Wyld45 »
RRWyld45  1138th "Rough Riders" Bomber Wing

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
Re: Divided="FAIL"
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 01:16:28 AM »
In this game, what really amazes me is how so many players so easily get stuck in the headlights like a deer when it comes to attacking or defending a base.

How many times have you seen 10-15 defenders just hang around a base waiting to be killed by 10k bandits for hours. It's like they're afraid to make a move forward. . Bombs sooner or later come and drop the hangers, everybody is killed and the base then changes hands soon after.

Whats funnier is watching guys avoid a live dar ring for a 1/2 hour or more until someone finally comes in and kills it. Then they finally move forward but only close enough so as not to get hit by ack.
Then when it is fully surrounded by a bunch of good guys not one of them dares enter the ack ring that keeps killing them to take out a few. Instead they just let themselves be dragged into it trying to all kill that one guy who's brave enough to come up  :rofl

Or how bout those furballs off a Cv? It's pretty much the same thing. The first initial push looks good but no one wants to take out ammo or even try and make a half witted LVT4 attack on a shore bat. The whole time their only a few players who are trying to keep the CV afloat by tuning it and sending their doomed ammo killers in to be shot down before they can even reach target. The furball  grows 1-2k off the CV just getting lower and bigger instead of trying to make a push until their fun finally ends as the cv sinks blaming someone else for the problem.

It's just mindless followers all brawling about with absolutely no goal in mind. Teamwork and uneducated two week furballer mentalities will never work well together  :lol

My idea of a good furball happens at about 5 to 10k while trying to make a push for their base to kill it's ack. It's a mix of intelligent strategy, skill and bruit force to claim victory over your opponents goal line. This air combat sim should be more like a good game of chess football for more of it's players.... but instead is more like a bunch of teenage piranha at dinner time in most places.     :salute

Offline Wyld45

• Copper Member
      • AH2 Rough Rider Bugler
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 02:39:37 AM »

I hear you A8, and such is the life of AH. Not that its a terribly bad thing, but
           sometimes I wonder how much of its the "IN" thing, the maximum majority, or its
           because thats how all the "vet" players have been doing it for years, and then
           the monotonous circle of, "Thats where everyone else is".

Most of it is pretty sensible, no sense doing something "oddballish" if the old
           way is getting the job done, I think the worst thing I even see is lack of even
           displacement within a given area, or over several bases. Lots of, look at the
           map, see all the pretty Red and Green blips, go-to.

Somewhat puzzled though at the lack of really organized squads. Out of alot
           of AH squads, I may see only 10% of those working close together. Granted, alot
           of work,home,schedule problems disrupt the smaller squads, but I can tell you of
           my experience with the "GR's", alot of nights there were only 5 or 6 of us. We
           worked so well together that we would have 3 bases taken by the time anyone
           noticed and got a group moved to defend.

Sticking with the original thoughts of this thread, I would just like to say,
           AHII has some great folks out there. Dont be afraid to lead a support mission
           and attack somewhere else thats beneficial to the cause. Dont be afraid to
           break the monotony just a little and get outside the "majority" box. But most
           of all, have fun with what your doing and polish some of the dust off these
           long-timers that have done it all, and get them having fun again.

Organize, determinize and "Simonize" your fun!  :salute

MISSION: Multi-Intergrated-Select-Sortie-In-Overwhelming-Numbers

« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 02:41:32 AM by Wyld45 »
RRWyld45  1138th "Rough Riders" Bomber Wing

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 09:27:44 AM »
My squad works perfectly well together.  That's why we have so much fun.  Now just because we don't get "organized" all the time doesn't mean we don't work well together.

All of these posts look like whines about people not playing how you want them to.  Maybe only 10% of squads are working "closely together" as you put it because 90% of the people playing this game don't have fun having to be part of a hyper-organized squad.

mmmmkay?
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 10:40:56 AM »

I hear you A8, and such is the life of AH. Not that its a terribly bad thing, but
           sometimes I wonder how much of its the "IN" thing, the maximum majority, or its

Most of it is pretty sensible, no sense doing something "oddballish" if the old
           way is getting the job done, I think the worst thing I even see is lack of even
           displacement within a given area, or over several bases. Lots of, look at the
           map, see all the pretty Red and Green blips, go-to.

Somewhat puzzled though at the lack of really organized squads. Out of alot
           of AH squads, I may see only 10% of those working close together. Granted, alot
           of work,home,schedule problems disrupt the smaller squads, but I can tell you of
           my experience with the "GR's", alot of nights there were only 5 or 6 of us. We
           worked so well together that we would have 3 bases taken by the time anyone
           noticed and got a group moved to defend.

Sticking with the original thoughts of this thread, I would just like to say,
           AHII has some great folks out there. Dont be afraid to lead a support mission
           and attack somewhere else thats beneficial to the cause. Dont be afraid to
           break the monotony just a little and get outside the "majority" box. But most
           of all, have fun with what your doing and polish some of the dust off these
           long-timers that have done it all, and get them having fun again.

Organize, determinize and "Simonize" your fun!  :salute

MISSION: Multi-Intergrated-Select-Sortie-In-Overwhelming-Numbers

Generally when you get more than 5 Muppet's in the same place, the fight will almost always die within the first 30 Min's. A easy way to not get kills, is to fly with other Muppet's
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 11:27:43 AM by sunfan1121 »
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 10:43:48 AM »
Furball otd... nothing better.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 10:44:09 AM »

My idea of a good furball happens at about 5 to 10k while trying to make a push for their base to kill it's ack. It's a mix of intelligent strategy, skill and bruit force to claim victory over your opponents goal line. This air combat sim should be more like a good game of chess football for more of it's players.... but instead is more like a bunch of teenage piranha at dinner time in most places.     :salute

The whole point of a furball, is the get a vulch going???  :confused:
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 12:27:55 PM »
my squad also works apart but when we organize, its a well oiled machine. everyone has strengths and weakness's. our group uses its strengths to overcome adversity in the arena. sometimes we succeed, sometimes not. either way its great fun. theres no other experience like it.

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 01:02:39 PM »
Most all furballs are one sided, as 1 side or the other has alt advantage at the edge of a base, very rarely are there even matchups at anywhere close to coalt! It's how the MA rolls. It would be waaaaaay cool if some of those folks who are known for good missions would start a furball mission and advertise it over 200 at certain alt. 30 t0 40 planes each side all meeting at or near a prescribed alt would be a HOOT and a nice change.  :aok

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 03:36:10 PM »

90% of the time a furball starts because a few guys try and take a base. If they are not successful on their first or second try, more defenders show up and the dar bar gets bigger.

Plain and simple,Base takers attract furballers.

Sometimes furballers can be used to help take a base but will rarely ever take down ack. Mainly this is because they fly scared  :frown:. Base takers will kill the ack for them and let the furballers vulch it while the takers take it.

Sometimes there are so many furballers and defenders that show up that the base can not be taken. The furball itself however continues for hours. The original attacking side usually will have the upper hand for awhile until by some chance the defending furballers get some brains and organize a push to meet at least 1/2 way.

This Usually happens because of the base takers on the other side.
They are there to help try and save the base. Lets call them the base savers. They are the guys who go in and take out the ord and dar from the attacking base and decide for the furballers whether they become defenders or attackers.

Most all furballs are one sided, as 1 side or the other has alt advantage at the edge of a base, very rarely are there even matchups at anywhere close to coalt!

A Cv is not used to start a furball but can attract many as more base takers and savers join the fight.  ;)

I wonder how much of its the "IN" thing, the maximum majority, or its

I think the worst thing I even see is lack of even
           displacement within a given area, or over several bases. Lots of EDIT: {FURBALLERS}, look at the map, see all the pretty Red and Green blips, go-to.

Furballers do not create Furballs.

The whole point of a furball, is the get a vulch going???  :confused:

Fighter sweep guys can create furballs... and I've organized a few of them.

While with the Aces our initial objective was not to take the base, but to do some fighting instead.
 Defenders and furballers like to fight in ack. So being accomplished and intelligent base takers we'd fly into a base, de ack as much as possible and wait for them to come up. Sooner or later we would become overwhelmed, but by that time our furball help would be just arriving. After a few more sorties of that, we would leave the witless furball we created to take one of your rear bases  :)

Below would be another great way to start what I think a good furball would be.

It would be waaaaaay cool if some of those folks who are known for good missions would start a furball mission and advertise it over 200 at certain alt. 30 t0 40 planes each side all meeting at or near a prescribed alt would be a HOOT and a nice change.  :aok