Author Topic: 3k for hangers SUCKS........here are some I ideas to help  (Read 281 times)

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
3k for hangers SUCKS........here are some I ideas to help
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2000, 04:07:00 AM »
I like it as-is too.  A jabo can kill a hanger, it will just take followup strafing.  Might this be dangerous?  Sure, but it's fun.  I used to think it was too hard, but I've grown addicted to screaming in at 500+ mph strafing a hanger while all acks are blazing and 8 cons chase me  

------------------
Fatty
FAT DRUNK BASTARDS

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2000, 09:45:00 AM »

Originally posted by Spatula:
The way it is it discourages:
- vultch fests
- furballs
- mindless respawn, fight, die, respawn mentality.
- sloppy tatics
- lack of direction.

Does no-one see this, or am i dreaming?

Feed back please.

with 250lb it was almost no vulturing, or at least it was about 1% of total kills. Now there are at least 10% according to what I see. 1000% grow AT LEAST, I am sure even more. So you still think it discourage -

"vultch fests
- furballs
- sloppy tatics
- lack of direction."

?

250lb with 30 minutes as 3000lb with 15 minutes both are extreems. Hard hangars ask for a team play, but according to your logic the more is the better? What about 10000lb and 1 minute then? I just following your logic. Will require even more team play, is not it?

*shrug*

Fariz
XII Legion

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2000, 01:31:00 AM »

Originally posted by Fariz:
with 250lb it was almost no vulturing, or at least it was about 1% of total kills. Now there are at least 10% according to what I see. 1000% grow AT LEAST, I am sure even more. So you still think it discourage -

"vultch fests
- furballs
- sloppy tatics
- lack of direction."

?

250lb with 30 minutes as 3000lb with 15 minutes both are extreems. Hard hangars ask for a team play, but according to your logic the more is the better?

No thats not was i was meaning. My point was i disliked Beefs idea of taking less to kill a hangar.

More bombs to kill is silly, 3000lbs is just fine - as i have allready stated. The time shouldnt increase either.

Originally posted by Fariz:

What about 10000lb and 1 minute then? I just following your logic. Will require even more team play, is not it?

*shrug*

Fariz
XII Legion

I guess i didnt make my point too clear. My point was something like:

- the more it takes to close a feild (in co-ordinated tactics) and to get the goon in fast (15 min time limit) the better the gameplay should be.

It should force a team of people who want to take a field to use good "do it once, and do it right" techniques. this will mean less vultching.

Spat.

[This message has been edited by Spatula (edited 05-03-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Spatula (edited 05-03-2000).]
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2000, 02:18:00 AM »
I like the 3k needed ( a single bomber can't ruin a whole field ), but 15 minutes is just too short IMO.  I'd be in favor of 3k for 30 minutes.

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2000, 05:09:00 AM »
how about different values for different hangars...

fighter hangar 15 mminutes

bomber hangar 20 minutes

vehicle hangar 25 minutes
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Oosik

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2000, 08:46:00 AM »
Unless ther is a mass raid raid the B17 is useless, I know longer enjoy the long missions......

What good is it to fly for 30 to 40 mins to only get 2 of 4 hangers (if you dont miss)?

Last night I flew into Bishland to close one of the bases they were massing out of.  They did not even feel treatened by a lone buff.  I counted three waves of 10 to 16 planes coming out of A17 and they all now that all I could do is close down the fighter hangers for 15 min at best (oh yea I missed so the mission was a total bust)

A Buff in your country used to mean you were in trouble.......no more