Author Topic: WirbleWind turreted?  (Read 638 times)

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
WirbleWind turreted?
« on: November 07, 2008, 12:59:22 PM »
I was on field in a WW and a 51 come along fire a small bust at me and my turret goes out...This has happened ever since the latest update.        :furious
Strokes

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: WirbleWind turreted?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 01:21:41 PM »
And how is this a bug?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 01:33:49 PM »
I was on field in a WW and a 51 come along fire a small bust at me and my turret goes out...This has happened ever since the latest update.        :furious

The WW Is open topped. A small burts of 50's will take out the crew mannign the gun, hence ur turreted. Now if u were in a tiger, it would be a bug, possibly. A WW? No bug, just get out the way of the 50's. Get him before he gets you!
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 07:05:00 PM »
Fish in a barrel.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 07:34:29 AM »
Depending on angle and range .50s will have a hard time penetrating side armour of the turret . If you shoot vertically into turret  you will wreak havoc though. Also even if some bullets penetrate and kill some of the crew members . if just 1 of the crew  are alive wirbies can still shoot and reload the gun, with some longer time in between. The One guy that is hard to hit is the driver that crawl up to turret and continue to fire.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline coola4me

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 09:40:23 AM »
Actually in game you can turrent a WW with the .303's. An A6M2 can render the WW useless!
CO. 172nd Rabid Dawgs
In Game Name: coola
Panties....not the greatest thing on Earth..... but next to it!!!     ME-YOW!!!

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 05:53:17 PM »
Depending on angle and range .50s will have a hard time penetrating side armour of the turret .

No it wouldn't. The wirbelwinds turret is only 16mms thick. Remember that .50cals are API they would slice through that like a hot knife through butter.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner