Author Topic: Why overshooting is to be avoided.  (Read 2662 times)

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Re: Why overshooting is to be avoided.
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2008, 12:54:42 PM »

When I duel i don't need rules  just a pilot with  a little respect..... It not something you can teach in here they either have it or don't.....

<S>
That I can agree with... you guys are missing the point though.  Veteran players who have frequented the DA don't make rules to try to gain an advantage.  Quite the opposite.  The rules are meant to make things totally even.  Only a scumbag like pacerr tries to set "rules" to get the other guy at a disadvantage. 

The rules are pretty much common knowledge.  All I have to say when duelling someone is what the merge alt will be, which usually is the same altitude as the field you take off at anyway.  There is no climbing, just level flight into the fight.  Once you have vis you can dive to the deck and then it's on.  A lot of newer players might not know that last part so I would inform them if they don't know.  Hardly a way to gain a dweebish advantage. 

Again if you've been there and know, you know.  Never going there, claiming you know what goes on and believing the paranoia that good fliers are great because they cheat, use tricks or have better mapped sticks... hogwash.

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2008, 06:29:06 PM »
Another clueless post, yet I think this might be the majority opionion of people in game.  How sad is that?

Hmm firedrgn spells it out for you and you agree. Firedrgn got it.

The same lack of respect we are talking about in the DA is the same lack of decency you show on your post.

If we all we all agreed on all aspects of a person's post we wouldn't need the BBs. Keep it in context next time and keep your emotional overgeneralizations out of it. I  welcome your point of view in context. I spend a ton of time in the DA. I do know what goes on in there.

Sorry you didnt get it, Murdr and I are in Violent Agreement. I was just adding a refined distiction from my point of view. I thought it was understood it is the person not the plane or the DA or the rules or the lack of rules. When I have to spell everything out some of the finer points are lost. Because you get lost in the content and don't look at the context. Or worse yet you ignore it and post anyway.

Do we need to agree on a set of rules for your posts. So that everyone is treated with decency and respect.
You expect one thing in the DA and do another on your post.

1. Lack of respect   
2. Sloppy overgeneralization.
3. Poorly frame rhetorical question built on emotional ignorance.

In your other post you say "you guys are missing the point though. veteran players who have frequented the DA don't make rules to try and gain an advantage."

We never said nor assumed such a thing. Did I say Veteran Players? your putting words in my mouth. I dont care who they are your the one assuming that only Veteran players know enough to gain an advantage with rules.

" Believing the Paranoia"  Again an ignorant bellybutton umption. Those are your words not mine. Nor is it a belief of mine.
Your post is filled with Manure.

Never mind you just dont get it. If I have to spell it out for you, you wont understand.

Offline FireDragon

• Zinc Member
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2008, 07:19:23 PM »
The Rules wont change someones behavior.. even in the DA .....it only allows u to shine the light on their character. 

"Veteran players who have frequented the DA don't make rules to try to gain an advantage."
This is a respones to someones brilliant "re frame".   Who said they do?  Who ever it was obviously communicates far better than they fly. This is important!!!!  HOW can you respond to something that is untrue?
"Never going there, claiming you know what goes on and believing the paranoia that good fliers are great because they cheat, use tricks or have better mapped sticks... hogwash"

What Paranoia??????  Your just ingaged in conversation with someone that ,again, communicates far better than they fly.... Obviously this came from someone who got there A-- handed to them by you.
The Problem is you believe that there is Paranoia.  You cant tell me that you respect someone that does think such things.... unless u do their opinion is mute and does not matter anyways. Clearly you dont need respect from such players.

Ive been playing for 3 years and this is the first time i have even heard of such nonsense....

<S>