Author Topic: An alternative to Titanic Tuesday....  (Read 2886 times)

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
Re: An alternative to Titanic Tuesday....
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 07:01:11 PM »
We had collisions on in the beta squad KOTH. It really adds a nice element of thought into winging acm.
-AoM-

Offline Nightshift82

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 07:43:23 PM »
HIGHLY recomend that anyone who wants a good fight, to jump in.  So far so good, good manners and great fights going on!  :aok
Night5  
First tour: 55  (If anyone cares.......)

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 09:40:23 PM »
Great fights guys .... lots of tricks of the trade to be seen  :D

changed furnburn to 2.0 (MA standard) for plane weight balance that we're used to .

We can do this again sometime ... just give me a yell <S>
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 11:06:46 PM »
got wife acked a bit earlier then i'd hoped but certainly was a fun time. Thanks very much for setting it all up Roscorro :aok :salute

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 11:37:57 PM »
got wife acked a bit earlier then i'd hoped but certainly was a fun time. Thanks very much for setting it all up Roscorro :aok :salute

I wasn't able to be on much this evening, so I was wondering how much of a turn out you got?

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 11:47:20 PM »
Good fun Rosc, thanks for the setup. 

Those who "broke code" were beaten into submission or left, good fights to be had all around :).
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 12:21:55 AM »
Sorry I missed this it sounds like it was a blast.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 01:09:03 AM »
This was really really fun.

But then I went into the MA and it was the exact same garbage as always, magnified by 10.

50+ Typh noe missions. gangtards..pickers.
Whatever. It's never going to change.

Hopefully my hundreds of dollars went to something worthwhile.

Account deleted. Bye.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 01:11:23 AM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline Wyld45

• Copper Member
      • AH2 Rough Rider Bugler
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 06:16:06 AM »

Call it, "Wicked-Wednesday" and throw in a "Beanie-Boy" cap, I'm there.

RRWyld45  1138th "Rough Riders" Bomber Wing

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2008, 08:18:42 AM »
Ach im gutted I missed it! Never saw the post till about 1am, and by that time it was too late!  :furious
Anyone want to set it up again? I'll be all for it!
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2008, 09:23:41 AM »
Ach im gutted I missed it! Never saw the post till about 1am, and by that time it was too late!  :furious
Anyone want to set it up again? I'll be all for it!

Same
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2008, 09:49:47 AM »
I'm sure we can do it again of the interest is there and Rosco has the time and an available SEA arena.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2008, 10:23:41 AM »
I think it would be good to set it up again Snap.  I didn't get in till 9pm and I heard of a lot of folks that didn't know or were just learning of it.  I'm sure TC would enjoy this as well if you could let him know. 

Jay12

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2008, 10:28:57 AM »
Mrs iTunes decided to take the same day off as me so "we could spend some quality time together"..... :(
Otherwise I would have been on to this like a hobo on a ham sandwhich, you fellas running this next week?
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2008, 10:38:14 AM »
It's up to Rosco but if he has the time and we have availability then we might be able to do a limited run of a few weeks like an FSO (normally a 3 week run) so that both individuals and squads could make plans to take part. The real key here is side balancing and fair play. We had even numbers, no vulching and no sputniks. When numbers were low we kind of enforced a "find your fight" rule and discouraged the 3rd man in. I found myself on more then one occasion involved in a fight with 2 other fights flying in and thru "mine"...so we had 6 planes in 3 separate fights all within 2.0 of each other and inside 600 on more then one occasion.

As numbers were up we had more of a balanced furball. We had everything from my A-20 (I went to a 109F pretty quick) up to ponies and hogs as well as a B-25, a lot of p-39s as well. I'd love to get a good mix of squads as well as individuals. I'm also not opposed to base taking in the true spirit of the game. Without formations and 4 engine buffs we could try modified supply and capture for a capture the flag type round with each team having a designated capture base.

Like any other new idea it would have to evolve over time based on interest. What we did have was a bunch of good to great sticks and balanced fair fun fights that took minimal time to reach without having to worry you'd get bounced/ganged/picked the moment you locked on to somebody.