Author Topic: POLL: Does ANYONE like this map?  (Read 504 times)

Yello1

POLL: Does ANYONE like this map?
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2001, 04:16:00 PM »
Triangle Lake is Not bad. A couple more Island bases in the lake would make the fleets more useful and open up the front a bit though.  Otherwise its nice variation. But I would have to suggest that two weeks on a map is more than enough, why are tours a month? That way there is less exploiting of weaknesses in maps cause less time to find them.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2001, 01:16:00 AM »
Ive decieded I like this map the best over all . Nice ballance in the usefullness of the fleet. I think the south country really has a disadvantage though.

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2001, 06:55:00 AM »
I must say at first i thought it was very unimaginative, and i still think it could be improved but i gotta say i likr it more than the islands map we had last, and it is growing on me.
I think the centre of the map is completely wasted though and the lake is too symetrical.
perhaps you could add an island in the middle with a special facility which increases a countries perk multiplier by .5 or something...that way all who want perks would want to hold the central island and so fighting would occour there more.

In fact the more i think about this idea the more i like it...how about this.....

A central island facility for developing unusual weapons.It would be developing their secret weapons eg V1,tallboy bombs,Me262s,he163's,b29's, etc and in order to develop a special weapon the Island must be held for say 2 hours whilst a special weapon is developed.(facility would have to be maintained to at least 50% to continue working).Once the weapon is complete that country in control of the island is given the weapon for a limited period (or limited supply).
We could even introduce the ATOM BOMB!!!  
imagine it fighting furiously to protect the island until finally you can strike the enemy facilities with the ultimate weapon!  

what do you think?

hazed

[This message has been edited by hazed- (edited 03-23-2001).]