Author Topic: Lowering the Price?  (Read 1818 times)

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
Re: Lowering the Price?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 07:43:27 PM »
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline P1Tiger

• Copper Member
      • VMF-214 'Black Sheep'
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 07:46:04 PM »
I'd prolly maybe draw the line at $30. HTC does a great job at what they do, and when you call for some help, unlike at most places, you get an actual person on the other end.
i heard that it used to be payed for hourly? if that was true then im sure they have some store away for a rainy day, im fine with the price but even 12 dollars a month would be enough
VMF-214'Black Sheep' here since tour 93.

http://www.VMFBlackSheep214.webs.com

"It was war. We were defending our country. We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight."
— Captain Wilfrid Reid 'Wop' May, RFC

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 07:49:54 PM »
i heard that it used to be payed for hourly? if that was true then im sure they have some store away for a rainy day, im fine with the price but even 12 dollars a month would be enough

If I remember AW on Genie was $12/hour when I 1st started...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 08:14:10 PM »
I wasn't on Genie but I do remember a few big AoHell bills before it went unlimited.
See Rule #4

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 08:37:45 PM »
well its just quite a bit for a video game, $168 a year, nobody finds that a bit steep

No, it's actually a bargain.  Factor in that the average "A" title release for the PC is $49.99 and $59.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3 game, $15 a month you pay for AH is a great deal.  Factor in that most "A" title games have no or very little replayability and AH becomes even more of a bargain.

For 3 months of AH, you can buy 1 "A" title.  The $179 a year for AH, is a better deal than 2-3 "A" title games and offers far more hours of game play than 95% of any PC and/or console title.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 08:40:56 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 08:42:07 PM »

Depended on the time you'd log on if I remember correctly but when I first started on Genie, it usually cost me $12 an hour.  Had to use a large portion of my student loan to pay off the bill.

ack-ack

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 10:19:04 PM »
This isn't an AAA title game, so comparing them is like comparing donkeys and cats.. For the price and the style of game you can not beat it with a 20 foot stick. If you can not budget in $15.00 per mo, you have bigger issues than the price of this game. I'm sure 90% of throw away at least that much in a single week if not each day when you factor in all the stupid non essential stuff you buy to keep you going.

10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 06:26:37 AM »
I started with Warbirds at 2$ an hour with a 10 hour minimum. I actually watched my time pretty closely, think my biggest bill was just around 100$.  Then AH came along with 30$ a month flat fee pricing. Think I ever looked back? No WAY!

Then HTC drops the price in half. Thinking more customers paying half is a good thing.
Well I'm still not so sure about that one. In some respects a lot of our troubles with gameplay stem from that decision. So if they wanted to go back to 30$ a month, heck YEAH!

15$ a month is a bargain, dirt cheap. So cheap you don't appreciate all your getting.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2008, 06:31:28 AM »
Team fortress 2 is 30$, you only pay once and play for hundreds of hours. Not to mention the "Orange Box".
now posting as SirNuke

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2008, 07:32:38 AM »
Even with my lousy paycheck supporting a family of five, luckily living out of town in Eastern Oregon, I think $15 is about right. Any more and I'd have to cut Aces High and still keep my internet. Our local economy here was already crap before the economy went to crap. :rolleyes:
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2008, 03:33:30 PM »
well i still think it can go lower, im not broke, not well to do either, just like to not pay as much
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline penguindude132

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2008, 03:50:35 PM »
And Microsoft is taking a beating (loss) on xbox live ... they are banking on "xbox live" to drive sales for their WAY overpriced XBox console and it's games ... that is no where near the business model of HTC ... comparing apples to oranges.

i dont like oranges though :P

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2008, 05:08:28 PM »
Increase the monthly fee to $30, hire a few more developers, FIX all the inaccurate aircraft, ADD more aircraft, hone and fine tune the gv game, ADD more gv's,...

and once a player has been here for 12 mos.... their renewal is $15 a month.  HTC will retain a lot of people that way.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2008, 05:32:09 PM »
So you've been playing for a long time, as most addicts...... And only registered 10 days ago on the forums?  Let me get in line to listen to your thoughts more often! 
I say lower the price or keep the price but update this game big time, now i love the game, don't get me wrong, I'm an addict, but from a technological standpoint i believe its a bit behind. I dunno, I'm sure I'm not the first to bring this up by a long shot. It's $50 a year for xbox live, I'm aware Hitech isn't a corporation like Microsoft, however i think they do a little bargaining. In this economic crunch I'd like to not pay so much for this, may even have to get rid of it for a little while, my monthly budget doesn't seem to be taking me nearly as far as it used to :frown:

Also..... I fixed most of the spelling and grammar for you.  You're Welcome.  Stop cutting your English class!

But enough of that, you'll forgive my aggression......

The game is dirt cheap now and the updates take a while because 7 people in Grapevine, TX do all the work.  And they do it this way so they don't have to raise the price too darn much.  But as so many of my friends and enemies have already stated.........  I'd take an increase in price if they were going to hire another fulltime developer or two!  I would do it in a heartbeat and I think most of us "addicts" would too!
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2008, 06:45:48 PM »
Increase the monthly fee to $30, hire a few more developers, FIX all the inaccurate aircraft, ADD more aircraft, hone and fine tune the gv game, ADD more gv's,...

and once a player has been here for 12 mos.... their renewal is $15 a month.  HTC will retain a lot of people that way.

He'll lose more than he gains.  The majority of the existing player base will probably quit if they have to pay $30 a month and new users will not fork over $30 bucks to play a monthly game unless it's part of a package deal like SOE's Station Pass.

ack-ack