Author Topic: Lowering the Price?  (Read 1815 times)

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
Lowering the Price?
« on: November 12, 2008, 03:04:27 PM »
I say lower the price or keep the price but update this game big time, now i love the game, dont get me wrong, im an addict, but from a technolgical standpoint i believe its a bit behind. I dunno, im sure im not the first to bring this up by a long shot. It's $50 a year for xbox live, im aware Hitech isn't a corporation like Microsoft, however i think they do a little bargining. In this econmic crunch I'd like to not pay so much for this, may even have to get rid of it for a little while, my monthly budget doesnt seem to be taking me nearly as far as it used to :frown:
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: Lowering the Price?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 03:08:39 PM »
I say lower the price or keep the price but update this game big time, now i love the game, dont get me wrong, im an addict, but from a technolgical standpoint i believe its a bit behind. I dunno, im sure im not the first to bring this up by a long shot. It's $50 a year for xbox live, im aware Hitech isn't a corporation like Microsoft, however i think they do a little bargining. In this econmic crunch I'd like to not pay so much for this, may even have to get rid of it for a little while, my monthly budget doesnt seem to be taking me nearly as far as it used to :frown:

Lowering the price when it's only 50 cents a day? :confused:

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 03:13:06 PM »
They've already said they're going to return to the old rhythm of updates. Take a look at the news and see for yourself..
I can't see the price coming further down. 15 bucks is dirt cheap.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 03:25:10 PM »
They've already said they're going to return to the old rhythm of updates. Take a look at the news and see for yourself..
but..but it's 50 cents a day!
See Rule #4

Offline opposum

• Probation
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 04:05:31 PM »
i just hope they kick it in gear with the updates, they are way to far apart especially with no heads up in the middle  :(

/_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 04:11:36 PM »
i just hope they kick it in gear with the updates, they are way to far apart especially with no heads up in the middle  :(

no heads up??? Look when they started posting pics of the last update and when it was released.
See Rule #4

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 04:13:03 PM »
No way.  Increase the price if anything.  Lower price = more squeakers and moonlighters.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 04:15:25 PM »
No way.  Increase the price if anything.  Lower price = more squeakers and moonlighters.

Hell is freezing over, I'm now agreeing with you.    :uhoh     :devil
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 07:00:24 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 04:33:50 PM »
I have no problem with a slight price increase it's worth it especially if they enhance the graphics. With the amount of time most of spend in game you can not get a better deal. :rock
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 05:02:43 PM »
It's $50 a year for xbox live ...

And Microsoft is taking a beating (loss) on xbox live ... they are banking on "xbox live" to drive sales for their WAY overpriced XBox console and it's games ... that is no where near the business model of HTC ... comparing apples to oranges.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 06:30:02 PM »
That's exactly what I was thinking :aok

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 07:05:00 PM »
well its just quite a bit for a video game, $168 a year, nobody finds that a bit steep
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 07:19:03 PM »
It's $179.40 a year. It used to be a bargain, although lately, I'm not entirely sure. Not steep compared to an internet connection, nor hardware, displays, controllers, etc.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 07:39:56 PM »

I'd prolly maybe draw the line at $30. HTC does a great job at what they do, and when you call for some help, unlike at most places, you get an actual person on the other end.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 07:41:27 PM »
I'd prolly maybe draw the line at $30. HTC does a great job at what they do, and when you call for some help, unlike at most places, you get an actual person on the other end.
I'm for $31 then. :D
See Rule #4