Author Topic: WANTED: Mature squad/s for friendly duels with JG11  (Read 1475 times)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: WANTED: Mature squad/s for friendly duels with JG11
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2008, 03:28:26 PM »
If you squint your eyes, the P-38 does kind of look like a fighter.

ack-ack
A mere optical illusion.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2008, 07:57:22 PM »
We've done this against Precision and the 71st - very very very good fun (win or lose). Bruv has posted in the thread in the squads forum on behalf of The Few (even tho I'm probably the worst pilot in the squad, I'm looking forward to this big time  :D)

All squads should try this, seriously, its a great way to meet other people, and try and shoot them down  ;)

<S>

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2008, 09:27:39 PM »
 I think it should be a relaxed thing, not a ladder/score thing. Lean more to the quality of a historical matchup.

~AoM~

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2008, 09:46:24 PM »
Agreed Filth - sorry if my post seems to point towards score or anything, these matchups are just a vast amount of fun

<S>

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2008, 11:11:32 PM »
and if any of you want to work your wing tactics, i'd be happy to go 1 v 2 in whatever, however.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2008, 02:38:30 AM »
JG11 is looking to organize some squad vs. squad friendly scrimmages in the DA. Here is what we seek in a participating squad:

1) Maturity
This is not for bragging rights, chest thumping, "we pwn you" type ordeals. JG11 is all about historical immersion, teamwork, and seeking a good fight. We do not care who wins, we want to have fun. We are looking for a like-minded squad to duel with.

2) Numbers
Please specify what type of numbers you can bring. Our squad night is Tuesday night (US time), and we usually have 12-20 of us on. If you can't reach those numbers, that's fine, we can work out an arrangement for another night. Just be sure to specify how many you are able to bring.

3) Challenge
We have a good number of experienced pilots, and are looking for a challenge. Again, it's not about winning or losing, but having fun, and lopsided fights are not fun. So we are looking to duel a squad of relatively equal (or better) experience level.

4) A Good Attitude!
I suppose this could go under Maturity as well, but I just wanted to stress again that we hope to stress civility and perhaps make some lasting friends with other fine squads out there.

Lol Precision will make number 4. But thats about it  :D

The Few GFC

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2008, 06:48:46 AM »
Kidding aside, I do recommend that squadrons that are interested to take up the JG11 offer for a squad vs. squad duel.  S.A.P.P had a duel versus JG11 a few months back and it was a blast, really good fights and flying all around.  Though, I wonder how JG11 managed to fly without their lederhosen bunching up on them.

ack-ack

:aok Pink garters, what else? We would love to take on the lightnings again, ack-ack.  Always a good time.

Seems like some good interest here. 

All we are looking to hopefully do here really is increase the hours of quality game time we have with our friends, while hopefully meeting new ones, sharpening tactics, flying historical match ups in squadron sized engagements, for the sheer enjoyment and glory of the fighter plane.  Get in touch with 'Trotter' if you and yours have interest. 
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -