Author Topic: WANTED: Mature squad/s for friendly duels with JG11  (Read 757 times)

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
WANTED: Mature squad/s for friendly duels with JG11
« on: November 12, 2008, 03:06:24 PM »
JG11 is looking to organize some squad vs. squad friendly scrimmages in the DA. Here is what we seek in a participating squad:

1) Maturity
This is not for bragging rights, chest thumping, "we pwn you" type ordeals. JG11 is all about historical immersion, teamwork, and seeking a good fight. We do not care who wins, we want to have fun. We are looking for a like-minded squad to duel with.

2) Numbers
Please specify what type of numbers you can bring. Our squad night is Tuesday night (US time), and we usually have 12-20 of us on. If you can't reach those numbers, that's fine, we can work out an arrangement for another night. Just be sure to specify how many you are able to bring.

3) Challenge
We have a good number of experienced pilots, and are looking for a challenge. Again, it's not about winning or losing, but having fun, and lopsided fights are not fun. So we are looking to duel a squad of relatively equal (or better) experience level.

4) A Good Attitude!
I suppose this could go under Maturity as well, but I just wanted to stress again that we hope to stress civility and perhaps make some lasting friends with other fine squads out there.

JG11 flies Luftwaffe only, and we would prefer historical matchups (although a German vs. German clash could be fun as well). As for altitude, we can go with whatever. As for advantage, I'm assuming we will do our first rounds with no advantage, but as we get more comfortable flying against each other we could mix that up as well.

If your squad is interested, please PM me

Squad versus squad duels are truly a blast. Coming from other flight sims where those were are only options for online play, I've been wishing we had them more (at all) in AH. They refine your skills, build cohesiveness in your own group, and let you interact with some other great pilots along the way.

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Re: WANTED: Mature squad/s for friendly duels with JG11
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 03:11:58 PM »
Sounds fun!  You can count the VF-31/ += Morder =+ (DA) in on this.

We have actually tried to challenge other squads but they are to busy or scared :)

I'll post the info. on my message board and get the guys who want to do this on board.

Our Squad Night is Sunday 9EST and we usually draw around 13 squaddies.  We drew that many for Sunday & Monday of this week alone.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 03:15:05 PM by RATTFINK »
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 04:27:24 AM »
The Few will be interested in providing JG11 with historical immersion in the scrimmage format.

Our biggest problem will be getting everyone together on a given night.  We have managed 8-9 in the last two fights but I can't guarantee that many.  6 will be our target, the more the better.

Tuesday is also our unofficial squadnight but it  will be more like  2-5pm east coast US time. 

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline MerlinVI

• Copper Member
      • VI Squadron
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 04:18:42 PM »
Well if the squad im in  in the da was organised we could fight lol but unfortunately there are very few squads that are run properly in an orderly RAF fashion, If there were then this game would become seriously more difficult and more fun oh well nvm eh.
If you need someone to make up numbers bruv i will fly with ya against jg11 although if we in europe than it should be jg26 ill bring a hurri or a spit into the mix.

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 04:35:47 PM »
Check your PM's Trott
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Cobra21

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 08:41:52 AM »
Trying to get an allied fighter/attack squad together. If we get organized, we'll join you.
Check Wheels Down

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 11:59:56 AM »
Face the facts Trotter...  No single squad is large enough to take you schmucks in leather undies on ans win.  ;)  You'll just wear em down to the nub, mate
 :salute
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 12:40:59 PM »
I will see if The Flying Circus might want to do something. From what I've seen most of TFC squadies like flying American iron, so it could work out possibly
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline skyeye422

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 11:49:45 AM »
Well sir, the 352nd has been looking for the same thing, we would be happy to fight ya in the DA.  We fly the P47 and the P51 as our squad plane, if you fly somthing that makes it a "Fair fight" (Or not, we like a challange) we'll be happy to kill ya, or the other way around.  We will generally be on around 7:00pm est in the MOA.  we are rook, you can tune to vox 186 when you want a fight, or PM Falcon16. <S> we'll see ya there :rock :rock :rock :salute :rock :rock :rock
ps: the 352nd only has two in so far, but we can kick *** :) ^_^
pps: We are best at high alt and/or low alt
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 11:52:09 AM by skyeye422 »

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 12:39:14 PM »
I should mention, since this old post of mine is being kicked up a bit lately, that we got such interest that myself, daddog, and hammer are organizing a squad dueling league that will be up and running very soon. We have several squads on the list already, but PM me if your squad is interested and you think you are not on the list yet.