Author Topic: AAR from an old guy on Day 6 of the new guy 11-13  (Read 734 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
AAR from an old guy on Day 6 of the new guy 11-13
« on: November 14, 2008, 05:12:06 PM »
I pulled the horse blanket off the old pony and ran thru my preflight, making sure my aux tank was full of beer and that the line from it to the cockpit was clear.  I checked to see that my crew chief Skuzzy had cleaned my cup holder really good. Few luxuries in the cramped 51 compared to the amenity laden 38's of SAPP.  I had no flip down TV, only one cup holder, no "The Clapper" for auto trim, no lava lamps, no cute little lazer pointers for blinding buff pilots, no mini freezer for my beer mugs,  not even a Mr. Coffee. Those SAPP boys sure know how to fly in style.
I looked for the biggest enemy darbar that wasn't in TT(I hate TT) and found the bish at 51. I upped my rook pony and arrived at the scene of the conflagration at 6.4k, right over Bish 51. It was an unusual fight.  The bish had numbers but the rooks were on top. The ack in town and at the base were both up, narrowing the rook advnatage  some. I arrived on scene with 18Whiskey, Crum, mako48, Blim, BOXBOY28 and a couple of others. These guys dove in and went to work, making a good accounting for themselves. But the bish were tenacious and fought back fiercely. Of the group of guys with me, only Crum managed to limp home alive.  BOXBOY tried to rally the troops to get the ack and town down but the bish defenders were too tenacious; defeating our designs for taking the base.

With one good squirt left of my 6X.50's I look for one more kill but Seano puts an end to my ambitions by hanging on it nicely and chewing off half my wing
 :salute

I limp home and land my 10

I quickly re-up as the bish are putting up fierce resistance and fighting their way to our base, which is quite close to theirs. The next fight ensues over the water, right between the two bases.

I have the same cast of charactes in the area, along with a few others. This a time there is no alt advantage as a few  bish are high in la7's and a 190

Several times I shoot a guy off Crum's 6. He's a capable pilot for sure but tonight his P39 is a bish magnet. Thanks Crum!

I even scare a ki into the water. He tries to go submarine but at 300 MPH, it's a hard entry.

At the exact same moment the submarine is diving, I see this on 200:

Cheese eating Honky?  LOL!    :lol

The fight dwindles and I'm forced to RTB with  a couple of squirts left; landing 10 more.

I check dar and the only fight is at TT (shudder)
I launch at TT and hook up with Kostic and Shawk and we quickly all get a kill or three but then Nomak in his K4 makes a nifty tater hit on my at 600 yards as I set  Shawk. I re-up right away and get in a deck fight with some bish but MSH guns me down from a GV(I hate that).  Reminded of why I hate TT so much, I check dar again and see the fight has started again at 51. I head there, manage 7 quick kills before a niki sends me limping home with several holes and an empty wing tank. Thankfully, the aux tanks isn't hit and Skuzzy, Crum, Blim,  Moot, BOXBOY, Shawk, Kostic, Mako48  and I finish the keg (a pony keg, naturally). Vanscrew is there but he squeaks so much that we don't let him near the beer.
  I pass out and wake up, naked in a field the next morning, surrounded by happy sheep. I don't remember a thing but the shepherd admonishes me to never return.  Only when I return to base and try to get cleaned up do I look in the mirror and realize that someone has shaved my eyebrows off and painted my face and hair white. It takes me hours to scrub this off.  I don't bother cleaning the "Bahhhhhh"  written across my chest with a permanent marker. Typical night in the MA for me.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 05:18:08 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: AAR from an old guy on Day 6 of the new guy 11-13
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 05:15:40 PM »
:lol  sweet AAR.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline SkyTiger

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 05:20:31 PM »
Awesome!  :aok

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 05:30:21 PM »
Very cool. :aok

If you save your pics as PNG files instead of JPEGS you won't get that distortion around the icon names.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 05:42:39 PM »
Nice Steve :)

Man you shoot from a long ways out ..an get good hits too :)

WTG

-GE aka Frank
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 06:53:51 PM »
 :lol Good post, good kill screenies.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 07:16:59 PM »
Dang steve im still bitter about you shooting down my p39Q after chasing you for some 15+ minutes
my fault, i should not have fallowed you into that climb.

Better luck next time i guess, but you wanna know oddly enough what realy pisses me off?
your name.

Shucks.  :rock

Oh and  :salute naturaly.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 08:32:15 PM »
Dang steve im still bitter about you shooting down my p39Q after chasing you for some 15+ minutes
my fault, i should not have fallowed you into that climb.

Better luck next time i guess, but you wanna know oddly enough what realy pisses me off?
your name.

Shucks.  :rock

Oh and  :salute naturaly.

Hehehe  I don't rmember that one.

Correction:  K4 was Nomad, not  Nomak.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 09:20:53 PM »
Nice one steve, looked like a fun couple missions...nice screen caps also  :aok

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 09:25:03 PM »
i think steve is a shade  :P

nice job very nice
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 10:15:48 PM »
i think steve is a shade  :P

Shadey Steve...  Sounds like a really white rapper...  Kinda like Vanilla Steve, maybe...   :lol

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 10:33:15 PM »
  :rofl just great. :aok
See Rule #4

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 10:52:59 PM »
Well of course Steve, this is all obviously merely b'n'zing and picking in your late war uber pony. Obviously any player could replicate or better your 10 kills by b'n'zing ad infinitum in that dastardly Pony. Of course, mysteriously, very few of them ever do. I suppose they are too busy going around in luftberries with their noble tnb fighters to ever consider a ride in that treacherous and unfair Mustang.  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

:aok :aok :aok
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 11:20:49 PM »
LOL Cheese eating honky.
Now that's funny.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2008, 12:36:43 PM »
LOL Cheese eating honky.
Now that's funny.

LOL.  Ya, it seemed to pop out of nowhere.  Which, I think, makes it even funnier.