Author Topic: French vehicles, plz!  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Lt. Pope

• Zinc Member
French vehicles, plz!
« on: November 15, 2008, 07:24:14 AM »
 :furious It's just that... I don't see any French vehicles! (if there is, just tell me)

I Suggest atleast a simple French made vehicle, like... the  B1 bis   or the   Panhard 178   
 or (my favorite) the   Laffly W-15 TCC .

« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 07:42:55 AM by Lt. Pope »
"The Devil's greatest trick was to make the world believe he didn't exist" - Pulled from a forum     
"The Devil's greatest trick wasn't to make the world believe he didn't exist, but to make the world believe that God did" - My version

Offline halo342

• Copper Member
Re: French vehicles, plz!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 08:00:56 AM »
French war machines that have been asked for:

D.520
VG-36

i know there were more before the BBS crash earlier this year, but i had to dive very far in the wishlist just to find these.

someone else will be along soon to criticize your post

good day
Oh my God, what has the Internet evolved itself into? :huh

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 08:35:11 AM »
I guess the main argument against introducing French rides in general, is that they would have limited use in both the MA and scenarios. Any French ride is only likely to be competitive in the early war MA, since their was no weapons development in France after 1940. Similarly the only scenarios you can run with them is the Battle of France and maybe Operation Torch.

If you were HTC planning a 1940 era addition to the game, a German, Italian or British ride would make more sense. There would probably be more scenarios it could be used in for a start (Battle of Britain, Desert war, Balkans, Greece, early Russian etc.) Many of these rides might have uprated 1941 and later versions that could be added to the game as well.

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 11:05:33 AM »
but the french tanks only shoot out white flags  :lol
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 12:05:11 PM »

nah... come on now.  Be nice.    ;)

People who have researched know why France got walked over in WWII by the Germans.  Most of us who have know it wasnt the French military's fault.  The French actually have a very capable military at the start of WWII.  Bigger and better (debatable) tanks, equal fighters, superior artillery, equal infantry, larger navy (at least to or better in quality as well), but I'm unsure of how bomber forces matched up.  Yeah, the new tactics used by the Germans were paramount (shoot-n-move and combined arms vs stand and fight), but ultimatly the French military could have countered due to sheer numbers and equipment.  France's travesty was due far more to its .govt's lack of action, direction, and solidarity vs its military's lack of ability or will to fight when it came to defending French soil.  It is much the same as the USA today, doncha think, yo?

Even fewer of us who researched why France lost when the Germans invaded know that France acutally invaded Germany almost un-opposed while the Germans were invading Poland, but turned around 22 miles into Germany for the same reason they were walked on when Germany invaded 7 months later.  For those who want to learn more about this I suggest researching "Operation Saar", ... and not on the internet.  Go to the local library and get away from the populist BS.   ;) 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 12:15:18 PM »
It true.
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 05:16:33 PM »
Then there is the French battle cry of "I SURRENDER!"
 :noid
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 05:21:15 PM »
It would be nice to have the MS.406... I don't know how it stacks up to the D.520, but it was used by the FAF in the Winter War as well as by France.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 09:48:40 PM »
French vehicles only have reverse gear, while white flags explode out of gun turret. that won't work in a combat game....oui?
Lighten up Francis

Offline Lt. Pope

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 04:04:30 PM »
French vehicles only have reverse gear, while white flags explode out of gun turret. that won't work in a combat game....oui?
You are offending me
"The Devil's greatest trick was to make the world believe he didn't exist" - Pulled from a forum     
"The Devil's greatest trick wasn't to make the world believe he didn't exist, but to make the world believe that God did" - My version

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 04:09:17 PM »
French Vehicles. I needed a :rofl :lol.

:aok :noid
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 04:10:36 PM »
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 04:43:23 PM »
you guys should real read some history books
french fought a valiant fight but were merely over whelmed by the German forces(horde)
french freedom fighters fought through the entire war and they fought well
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline halo342

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 04:49:06 PM »
maybe it's time?

Oh my God, what has the Internet evolved itself into? :huh

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 04:54:25 PM »

What are you saying?

Since you choose not to explain what your saying: and if my suspicions are correct it is what I think you are saying, this below would apply as well.

You are offending me

:P
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 05:23:55 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."