Author Topic: French vehicles, plz!  (Read 1351 times)

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
Re: French vehicles, plz!
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 05:01:47 PM »
you guys should real read some history books
french fought a valiant fight but were merely over whelmed by the German forces(horde)
french freedom fighters fought through the entire war and they fought well
I know they did the German only won because they had air power. 1,500 planes vs 800 RAF i think.
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 05:46:41 PM »
french fought a valiant fight but were merely over whelmed by the German forces(horde)

jeez it was a joke, french make some nice stuff, i know, its just more fun to make sterotype jokes  :devil
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 05:49:43 PM »
jeez it was a joke, french make some nice stuff, i know, its just more fun to make sterotype jokes  :devil
The Vg.33 was a good plane there was other plane that was a dive bomber plane but i forget what it was call. But there tanks weren't the best some were.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 06:01:09 PM »
But there tanks weren't the best some were.

Do a little research, French tanks were equal to, if not superior to the German tanks in both quantity and quality during the Battle of France.  It was superior German tactics, not equipment that beat the French tanks.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 06:03:14 PM »
Do a little research, French tanks were equal to, if not superior to the German tanks in both quantity and quality during the Battle of France.  It was superior German tactics, not equipment that beat the French tanks.

ack-ack
I know that but there were that good late in the war.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 06:06:13 PM »
The French had THE SUPERIOR Tanks at the start of WWII.   But they hadn't a clue as to properly use them to the best of their ability.  

The Char was 33 tons and had one weakness that was exploited later when the French were invaded.   But it was superior to the German tanks of the time.

If you wanna get technical grammarboi, the Germans rarely used "captured French vehicles".   But they used Char's and D.520's.   The D.520's were praised by the Luftwaffe and utilized as trainers.   

....and You didn't know.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 06:07:10 PM »

Wellllll, if you want to get technical...

- Gallic Wars
- Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian. [Or at ths time in history, a Roman -ed.]

- Hundred Years War
- Mostly lost, saved at last by female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare; "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchman." Sainted.

- Italian Wars
- Lost. France becomes the first and only country to ever lose two wars when fighting Italians.

- Wars of Religion
- France goes 0-5-4 against the Huguenots

- Thirty Years War
- France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.

- War of Revolution
- Tied. Frenchmen take to wearing red flowerpots as chapeaux.

- The Dutch War
- Tied

- War of the Augsburg League/King William's War/French and Indian War
- Lost, but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a row induces deluded Frogophiles the world over to label the period as the height of French military power.

- War of the Spanish Succession
- Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved every since.

- American Revolution
- In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome", and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare; "France only wins when America does most of the fighting."

- French Revolution
- Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.

- The Napoleonic Wars
- Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.

- The Franco-Prussian War
- Lost. Germany first plays the role of drunk Frat boy to France's ugly girl home alone on a Saturday night.

- World War I
- Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States [Entering the war late -ed.]. Thousands of French women find out what it's like to not only sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.

- World War II
- Lost. Conquered French liberated by the United States and Britain just as they finish learning the Horst Wessel Song.

- War in Indochina
- Lost. French forces plead sickness; take to bed with the Dien Bien Flu

- Algerian Rebellion
- Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare; "We can always beat the French." This rule is identical to the First Rules of the Italians, Russians, Germans, English, Dutch, Spanish, Vietnamese and Esquimaux.

- War on Terrorism
- France, keeping in mind its recent history, surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe. Attempts to surrender to Vietnamese ambassador fail after he takes refuge in a McDonald's.
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2008, 06:08:35 PM »
I think it would be a good idea to have French vehicles as well as Italian.
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2008, 06:12:49 PM »
The French had THE SUPERIOR Tanks at the start of WWII.   But they hadn't a clue as to properly use them to the best of their ability.  

The Char was 33 tons and had one weakness that was exploited later when the French were invaded.   But it was superior to the German tanks of the time.

If you wanna get technical grammarboi, the Germans rarely used "captured French vehicles".   But they used Char's and D.520's.   The D.520's were praised by the Luftwaffe and utilized as trainers.   

....and You didn't know.

They use the captured tanks they got from the French in 2 line duty for radio on the Eastern front.You didn't know.
I think it would be a good idea to have French vehicles as well as Italian.
But the Italian weren't that good the M13/40 only had 25mm of armor and only a 47 mm main gun would be easy pray for tigers and Shermans.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2008, 06:20:59 PM »
They use the captured tanks they got from the French in 2 line duty for radio on the Eastern front.You didn't know.But the Italian weren't that good the M13/40 only had 25mm of armor and only a 47 mm main gun would be easy pray for tigers and Shermans.

I am more educated and well read then you will hope to be (and yes I knew).   You're nothing more than a tool who is spamming a forum.   When you realize this, life will become a tad bit easier for you.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2008, 06:24:24 PM »
I am more educated and well read then you will hope to be (and yes I knew).   You're nothing more than a tool who is spamming a forum.   When you realize this, life will become a tad bit easier for you.   
And do i care if you make fun of me? No and who give a damn we all you hate me and i hate you like it or not live with it. Now it start with the name calling what next phone calls emails? Have fun with that.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2008, 06:28:01 PM »
And do i care if you make fun of me? No and who give a damn we all you hate me and i hate you like it or not live with it. Now it start with the name calling what next phone calls emails? Have fun with that.

We're not making fun of you, you're giving yourself too much credit.    You're a spammer. 

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2008, 06:30:39 PM »
We're not making fun of you, you're giving yourself too much credit.    You're a spammer. 

Really and let me guess me your going to say I'm here for my damn post count? Ya let me tell you i give my self all this credit to fail your so right you know me well don't you?  :rofl

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2008, 06:36:51 PM »
THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2008, 06:44:27 PM »
I know that but there were that good late in the war.

Considering that French tank development and production ceased after their defeat in the Battle of France, I would venture an educated guess that German tanks developed and produced after the Battle of France were superior to French tanks developed and produced prior to the Battle of France.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song