Author Topic: Skid break manuever  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
Skid break manuever
« on: November 17, 2008, 01:11:45 PM »
I was researching this manuever because blukitty used it on me and I got caugh by it because I wasn't thinking a head that she would perform that manuever!. I've used it on a few other people and it works perfectly but getting caught up by it sux=p.

tada ! here it is the Dogfight show version of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlfOWZHEGNk

And here is the version of me getting my arse handed to me by blukitty using that manuever.
http://files.filefront.com/Breakahf/;12380411;/fileinfo.html
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Skid break manuever
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 02:34:29 PM »
It's an old trick he used to do when he used to fly under ManeTMP as well.  Just look for the tail to start skidding and you know he's about to do it on you.  Just burn your excess energy and saddle up and plaster him when he tries it.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline JimBeam

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 02:48:57 PM »
key word HE  :lol
JimBeam 367th "Dynamite Gang"

"In my experience JimBeam never goes down easy" -wil3ur

Pilots...looking down on people since 1903

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 02:52:44 PM »
Probably works better in real life than sims because of no distance ticker and because the attacker is working under the assumption that the defender doesn't see him on his dead six, as was the case with 80% of a2a kills in WWII.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 03:00:27 PM »
Probably works better in real life than sims because of no distance ticker and because the attacker is working under the assumption that the defender doesn't see him on his dead six, as was the case with 80% of a2a kills in WWII.

It works good in sims if you can catch the attacker unaware of that is about to happen and considering the majority that play don't have a clue, it's a rather successful reversal maneuver.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 03:02:59 PM »
It works well at close range, and when you're not expecting. It's like a smack in da face !
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 03:06:02 PM »
certainly got on your six there using the trick move as part of a rolling scissor. but i could be wrong with what i saw. im not sure you couldve caught what he was trying to do while in that scissor, especially when he's high above you. would a barrel roll before he started firing make him overshoot?

the pilot in the youtube video(don bryan) was awesome! reminds me of a richard candelaria move ive been trying to do but could never duplicate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdCm5z2RpI8

thanks for sharing <S>  :aok

:devil

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 03:17:09 PM »
That manuever is also duplicated in AH2, I think widewing Posted a vid of him performing it some where.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 03:21:38 PM »
Cool stuff. I don't do either of these moves but they sure look nifty. I believe I'll go to the TA and add these.   :salute
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 04:03:56 PM »
Karaya did the ol' skid move on my pony in an F6F once.  If I remember well, I yelled "Oh S***!" out loud.  It's a beautiful move when the timing is perfect.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 04:16:26 PM »
I had a Spit VIII try it on me one night.  It was really cool to watch.  Sadly, he didn't get to live to tell about what a great move it was.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 04:17:51 PM »
It's an old trick he used to do when he used to fly under ManeTMP as well.  Just look for the tail to start skidding and you know he's about to do it on you.  Just burn your excess energy and saddle up and plaster him when he tries it.

ack-ack

Ahhh so thats where mane went, why the sex/name change?

Offline Badboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 06:51:27 PM »
I was researching this manuever because blukitty used it on me and I got caugh by it because I wasn't thinking a head that she would perform that manuever!. I've used it on a few other people and it works perfectly but getting caught up by it sux=p.

Hi Yenny,

Hmm, not sure if you have had anyone else review the film, but I'm seeing something very different to what you are describing. Did you post the correct film?  If so, it appears as though you lost that fight for a different reason. I'd be happy to help if you are interested?

Badboy

The Damned (est. 1988)
  • AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Air Warrior Trainer - Retired

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 07:08:31 PM »
That was just a solid reversal nothing more. what makes it appear similiar is the combination of rudder & throttle use your seeing while your still behind bluekitty. He's so far ahead of you angularly your literally flying thru his move as its happening. My comments here are pretty simple...

at 1:02, 1:12, 1:27 & 1:32 you froze the nose momentarily looking for shots. If you look at your one shot window between 1:12 & 1:27 you flew thru the shot like you should. Basically you lost a rolling scissor to a very good stick. Was actually some nice flying but vs anyone at that level you cant afford to ever freeze your nose for even an instant. whatlooked like the "break skid" was actually blukitty flying the nose thru your flight path into lead vs trying to wait on you for the shot. Win the angles battle and the shot naturally will occur.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 07:32:29 PM »
look at the moment when it happens though, he rolled the different direction to perform a skid.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96