Author Topic: First new scorepage witchunt!  (Read 62114 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: First new scorepage witchunt!
« Reply #195 on: November 18, 2008, 04:56:21 PM »
#1  Witch hunts are awesome

#2  I don't care about score myself.  I do care about scores as it relates to gameplay and how it influences others in the way they play the game.

#3  If you are going to trouble yourself by putting up names of the point guys, might as well have some form of validation.

I think everyone has heard that "if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?"  Well here is an example of people we can all laugh at, even those who can't laugh at themselves!
Spot on.  :aok
See Rule #4

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #196 on: November 18, 2008, 04:57:15 PM »
Ok.  Was flying around with 1HungLo in a boring arena and there were some guys talking about score on 200 (which i highly disagree with--i think score should be taken out of the game completely) so he PMed asking me if i wanted to go cry-farming.  I simply PMed back "What's that?"  His reply was "Up a P-40E or P-39D at base so and so and fly to the vehicle spawn."  I did and as soon as i came into a view of a FLAK i started getting proxies.  So I got to asking him about WTF he was doing.  He simply replied as "I'm gonna give you x amount of kills and you land them to see how many cries we can get from people.  His original number was about 60 kills and i said no way.  I stopped at 31 and landed (Of those 31 about 25 of them were proxies..i shot at him about 6 times and got a measely 9 perks out of it).  And not 5 minutes later i deleted my account because i KNEW what was going to come of it after i was done.  Got to Texting MstWntd (SpikesX) about it later that day and he wanted me to come back...so i came back with a new name.  I even left Wings of Terror to save them the trouble of having even more comments about them being a "Scorepotato" squad.  Now I'm done explaining my simple teenage stupidity.

#S#  OutCast (Banshee7)
Long as the community knows it was for fun and not hardcore score horing it's fine, give it 2 weeks and everything'll be back to the norm.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #197 on: November 18, 2008, 05:04:11 PM »
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #198 on: November 18, 2008, 05:08:41 PM »
Check the percentage of kills on one of the other 'The Few' squaddies  :noid

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/killsin.php?playername=Ginger44&kcnt=95&selectTour=LWTour105&pindex=21
LOL no ax to grind there Mr 54 deaths.  :rofl :rofl :rofl

Edit:  Mr 56 deaths. :rofl :rofl
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 05:15:09 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #199 on: November 18, 2008, 05:12:28 PM »
LOL no ax to grind there Mr 54 deaths.  :rofl :rofl :rofl

We arranged him killing me that many times because the tour was almost over and they needed to get their squad rank up.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 05:16:36 PM by TwentyFo »
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #200 on: November 18, 2008, 05:12:58 PM »
Check the percentage of kills on one of the other 'The Few' squaddies  :noid

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/killsin.php?playername=Ginger44&kcnt=95&selectTour=LWTour105&pindex=21

lol I gotta love that optimism.. "He has killed my lvt 53 times but this time I think I will make it!!!!!"

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #201 on: November 18, 2008, 05:23:02 PM »
lol I gotta love that optimism.. "He has killed my lvt 53 times but this time I think I will make it!!!!!"

We arranged him killing me that many times because the tour was almost over and they needed to get their squad rank up.

XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #202 on: November 18, 2008, 05:24:45 PM »
Players that enable others to do this should suffer the same fate as those doing it. It's all just sad.  :frown:

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #203 on: November 18, 2008, 05:25:32 PM »

What?    :huh
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #204 on: November 18, 2008, 05:27:00 PM »
Your first response was much funnier.. should have stuck with it.
See Rule #4

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #205 on: November 18, 2008, 05:28:45 PM »

what sort of payment was involved, and when can we set a date for me. I'd like to be rank no.1 when I return.   :angel:

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #206 on: November 18, 2008, 05:33:30 PM »
Lol seriously??? I didn't realize that squads vulch the 'willing' to get a higher squad rank.... That's a bad as vulching a shade imo.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 05:36:33 PM by bnasty »
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #207 on: November 18, 2008, 05:36:49 PM »
Lol, I didn't realize that squads vulch the 'willing' to get a higher squad rank.... That's a bad as vulching a shade imo.  :rolleyes:

personal score goes into the squad score. As likely it is that tr0jan paid twentyfo 1 cheeseburger per kill I don't actually think it happened.

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #208 on: November 18, 2008, 05:36:55 PM »
Your first response was much funnier.. should have stuck with it.

I meant to say that I think they hacked my account  :noid
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #209 on: November 18, 2008, 05:46:48 PM »
I haven't decided which is worse, a cheater or snitch.... Bottom line is having a "shade account" is allowed.  No, I don't think its right but I've been around long enough and have had my tail kicked enough to know who the good sticks are regardless of what their score may imply.

:salute

A8Grind

When it's concerning your own squad and it's reputation the cheater is worse of course. What makes you think it's ok to not say anything at all Grind?

The whistle blower  should get top priority attention from all of it's members especially the CO, if they really ever did care about the squads reputation to begin with. I firmly believe if it's just one guy causing the problems whether XO or not, he should be dealt with immediately and set straight or let go so as not to further spread that type of behavior... unless of course you come from a different type of squad.

IMO There should always be someone there to stand up and fight for whats right unless of course no one cares. Then just boot the guy who's putting up the big stink and let him find a different squad that meets his standards of fair game play.

I'm sure this new scoring utility tool will have many of the more honorable squads sending remind notices to it's members. With the exception of the one, the Aces & 8's are and will continue to be an honorable squad, they just made a mistake. For some it's to late and for others it's just in time. I doubt it will completely stop 2nd acct. vulchers or perk farmers but at least we will know who is who.