Author Topic: Sorry to all...  (Read 7060 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Sorry to all...
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2008, 08:37:28 PM »
Manning up would have been confessing to the deed prior to being exposed. Amsoil's stats were called into question more than once during the tour and he kept silent, even while reputable squaddies vouched for his integrity. There was no "manning up". There was only the feigned contrition of one found guilty, like a felon apologizing for his deeds in hopes of receiving a reduced sentence.

Amsoil21=tool

You're absolutely right Steve, he did have people sticking up for him and I took A LOT of flak for even speculating that he was cheating.  That's when he should have manned up.  Amsoil21 I still think it's good that you apologized but I have to go back on my original post patting you on the back as much as I did.  Your apology is too little too late.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2008, 08:39:55 PM »
The good thing is this is only a game.  Perhaps he learned a good life lesson in this and will act better in the future.  But a tard here he will forever be.

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2008, 08:43:13 PM »
The good thing is this is only a game.  Perhaps he learned a good life lesson in this and will act better in the future.  But a tard here he will forever be.
Learn what? How not to make your voice heard? How not to flip out on people but yet you can't help because they been a bellybutton to you?
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2008, 08:48:38 PM »
Learn what? How not to make your voice heard? How not to flip out on people but yet you can't help because they been a bellybutton to you?

Pssst, this thread isn't about you, dummy.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2008, 09:01:35 PM »
gaming the game is right up there with running the fastest mile in the special Olympics, yeah you won, so now your the fastest retard.

who cares what you did as an individual?! its your account(s) your paying for it/them so do what you want. anybody that doesn't like what you do with something your paying for should either start paying your bills for you so they can then have a say in what you do with it, or they should mind their own business and enjoy their own game.

but really the only reason i decided i would voice an opinion is this.

you allowed people to vouch for you and your character and it was all based on a lie. this is about the most disgraceful and disrespectful thing you could possibly do to people you called "friend".

had they have chosen to lie on your behalf because they knew the truth and were a willing participant in the cover up then the ridicule of being caught would belong to them, and their shame would be upon their own shoulders.

but based upon your own addmission, and only if your telling the truth now, you mislead them. you allowed them to share in your disgrace as unwilling and unwanting conspirators in your lie. no one may jump right out and say it to them face up, but many people will question their integrity and their judgment in the future. people will always wonder about them now. no matter how many times you swear that they didn't know. is the world suppose to take your obviously tainted and worthless word for it? or instead should the world believe their sworn denials and protests of innocence, the same sworn denials and protests of innocence they once made on your behalf?

personally and based solely upon the little i know of the few, i choose to believe in their innocence to your scam. i hope others will see you for the kind of person i do and give them the benefit of the doubt without question or judgment. time alone will tell.

in the future how quickly do you think they will rise up to voice their defence of another? one who may truly be innocent of an accusation made against them, one who needs the help of others to clear their name? do you think those that defended you will be so willing to help the next person? do you think the repercussions of your actions will end with you?

you have called the reputation and integrity of others into question, for that and for that alone do i judge you LOSER.

you are a disgrace to any who would call you friend.

this is just a game, shut off the computer and the game goes away. your integrity is something that is with you always and in everything you will ever do. i hope you find only friends equal to you in their integrity.

FLOTSOM
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 09:05:30 PM by FLOTSOM »
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2008, 09:04:45 PM »
Is that what been up your bellybutton for the past 6 years?

I see a PNG in your future...

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2008, 09:05:54 PM »
I see a PNG in your future...

ack-ack

seconded
Tours 86 - 296

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2008, 09:35:00 PM »
I just hope this doesn't reflect badly for The Few. They're a fine British squad. I like em.

Oh AMsoil, take your brother with ya.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2008, 09:40:55 PM »
Although I like the idea of redemption and reform, I agree with the others that it's a shame we didn't learn the truth from Amsoil21 himself.  Punishment has been swift and just, time to move on.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2008, 11:27:15 PM »
Jeez guys, give the kid a break. 

Y'all write like Aces High is some sort of passage to life.  Everybody that has played this game, for any length of time, had done something gamey.  For those of you who say you haven't,(BULL).

Maybe some deeds are worse than others, but he was caught, and he then came forward, which is more than what most would have done.  To say he will never be forgiven, who cares?

It's a friggin game, move on and piss on the next guy in line.

Now run and check my scores, there is nothing special to see except I get killed a bunch.

Dare I voice my opinion?

Fred
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 12:29:09 AM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2008, 11:42:31 PM »
Fred, I am usualy one of the first idiots to stand up for the underdog if i see any fit reason. This time, no way, just read what Flotsom wrote a few posts up, it is the only sensible post in the thread and for me the main reason why amsoiled is a giant dildo.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2008, 11:56:28 PM »
well i'll give ya a wtg for apologizing  :aok

you could have just vanished and made a new name
Cooleyof 367th

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2008, 12:26:50 AM »
Fred, I am usualy one of the first idiots to stand up for the underdog if i see any fit reason. This time, no way, just read what Flotsom wrote a few posts up, it is the only sensible post in the thread and for me the main reason why amsoiled is a giant dildo.

Mechanic, I did read his post before I responded, but after your post I went back and reread it to make sure I didn't miss anything.  I do agree with Flotsom, in general, but, I have to keep the perspective that this is a game, and only a game. 

I don't know how old Amsoil is, but I'm willing to bet he is fairly young, at least compared to me.  I agree that he did do something that I feel is totally wrong, but keeping it in perspective that this is only a game, I do not feel he should he should be branded for life.  Even if he is, I guess it's no big deal, a simple name change erases the past in this game.

I respectively agree with you, but I think this is all a bit extreme, with a bit of a witch hunt being thrown in.

Freds Opinion Again. 
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2008, 12:45:52 AM »
Manning up would have been confessing to the deed prior to being exposed. Amsoil's stats were called into question more than once during the tour and he kept silent, even while reputable squaddies vouched for his integrity. There was no "manning up". There was only the feigned contrition of one found guilty, like a felon apologizing for his deeds in hopes of receiving a reduced sentence.

Amsoil21=tool

Like Pfactor I agree with this too. My best hope for you Amosil is that you learn from this and always keep integrity in the forefront of your life.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2008, 01:42:06 AM »
{snip}

Freds Opinion Again. 

With respect sir, I think you missed the part i am talking about. Has nothing to do with the shade account or score card. It has everything to do with abusing the trust of friends and dragging them through the mud with him over the last few days.
That said, you are right, just a game and everyone deserves a few second chances now and then.

over n out!

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.