Author Topic: Another site banning "gaming" videos  (Read 801 times)

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
Another site banning "gaming" videos
« on: November 21, 2008, 02:52:28 AM »
Hello, My name is Rebecca and I am a member of the ExposureRoom team.  The videos you have been uploading are not permitted on ExposureRoom.  To upload videos on ExposureRoom they must be your own work and cannot be one of the following: Trailers for Movies (That are not your own) Trailers for Games Gaming videos Machina videos Please see our terms of service and the article (links below) for more details on this. Is ExposureRoom the right place for your Video? http://exposureroom.com/news/view.aspx/199/ Though you are welcome as a member of ExposureRoom, it is not a requirement for a member to upload videos, we do ask that you please remove these gaming videos. Regards, Rebecca Rowland ExposureRoom

I hate it how these sites always reduce us to a bunch of "gamers".

It was probably never allowed to upload these videos anyway, it's just that it took them a while to notice me and send a warning. Don't know if there's a site available which allows "gaming" videos and has the same video and compression quality.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
Re: Another site banning "gaming" videos
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 02:59:01 AM »
If you want any of the films I've uploaded to their site be quick to grab them as I'll probably remove them within the next few days, if I don't they probably will anyway.

Truth has no agenda.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 04:59:53 AM »
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 05:26:24 AM »
Nice! Admin of that site need to fix the FAQs they're as good as unreadable.

Truth has no agenda.

Offline Rauch

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 08:30:40 AM »
Looks like they're already gone.... :huh

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 10:28:54 AM »
That stinks. Now I can't get my lovely HD streaming version. :(
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 12:02:40 PM »
I am a spy!

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 03:34:48 PM »
Nice! Admin of that site need to fix the FAQs they're as good as unreadable.
Are they?  What questions about the site do you have?
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 04:11:43 PM »
I just clicked at one of the FAQs, was met by this and didn't bother...

<!--[if !supportLists]-->1.             <!--[endif]-->How do I upload my movie, film, or sound pack to the Aces High Movie Database?

<!--[if !supportLists]-->a.        <!--[endif]-->You will first need to email \n ryan@aceshighmovies.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it for the current username and password for FTP access.  The password changes from time to time and without notice.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->b.        <!--[endif]-->We now feature a browser based FTP transfer site so you do not need to use a separate client (such as FileZilla etc.) to transfer your files.  The link to the FTP site is: http://hostmonster.com/cgi-bin/uftp/ (log in details will be emailed to you).

<!--[if !supportLists]-->2.             <!--[endif]-->Once my file is upload, how long before it is published (visible) on the site?

<!--[if !supportLists]-->a.        <!--[endif]--> This is dependent on the availability of the site administrator, as the file must be manually added to the site.  The goal is within 12 hours of the initial upload.  If you would like to arrange for an immediate publishing, please contact the site administrator ahead of time.  If it takes longer than 24 hours to see your file published on the site, please contact the site administrator at \n ryan@aceshighmovies.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

<!--[if !supportLists]-->3.             <!--[endif]--> How many movies and files can I store on AHMD?

<!--[if !supportLists]-->a.        <!--[endif]-->As many as you want

<!--[if !supportLists]-->4.             <!--[endif]-->Can I access any file any time I want off the FTP site?

<!--[if !supportLists]-->a.        <!--[endif]-->No, once a movie is published on the site the files are transferred to the hosting part of the site.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->5.             <!--[endif]-->What is the file size limit for uploading?

<!--[if !supportLists]-->a.        <!--[endif]-->There is no current file limit to the size of your upload

<!--[if !supportLists]-->6.             <!--[endif]-->Is there a limit on the bandwidth used for my file?

<!--[if !supportLists]-->a.        <!--[endif]-->No there is not.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->7.             <!--[endif]--> Should I ZIP or RAR my files when putting them on the FTP site for upload?

<!--[if !supportLists]-->a.        <!--[endif]-->It is recommended that you do for a couple reasons:

<!--[if !supportLists]-->                                                                i.      <!--[endif]-->It saves on file space.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->                                                               ii.      <!--[endif]-->You can include a text file, pictures, etc. within that ZIP or RAR.

Truth has no agenda.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 05:03:37 PM »
That's a weird one.  Thanks for the find on it.  It displays correctly in Firefox but not in IE 7.0.  I'll have to recode it.  Code have been a bug when I updated the site from Joomla 1.0 to 1.5.

This is what it's suppose to look like...

Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 05:24:26 PM »
Okay, yeah I'm a lazy bastage for using IE but wth. :D I'll be uploading films to your site when I know how to.

Thanks!  :aok

Truth has no agenda.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 07:02:53 PM »
Just email me: ryan@aceshighmovies.com

I'll email you the login info for the FTP site (https://www.hostmonster.com/cgi-bin/uftp) which is available as a link on the left called 'Upload Files'.
You upload it there and I copy it over and publish it on the website.

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2008, 09:00:33 AM »
damn  :frown:
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html