Author Topic: Early war night?  (Read 542 times)

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
Early war night?
« on: November 21, 2008, 01:25:07 PM »
I don't know about y'all, but I've been popping into MW during Titanic Tuesdays.  Been finding some fun fights too.

However, I have yet to find a sweet time to drop into EW.  Everytime I've been in there lately, there's like 6 guys in there.  Heck, it's easier to find a fight in the AvA than EW.

So, I was thinking, is there any interest in setting up a community EW night?  Speaking for myself, I'd spend alot more time in there if I could find about 20 like-minded folks to fly against occasionally.

Maybe like MW Tuesdays, and EW Thursdays?
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
Re: Early war night?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 03:24:28 PM »
not a bad idea. it would create a bit more intrest for people getting bored with late war
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 03:29:13 PM »
Sounds like fun.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 03:33:58 PM »
The only problem is the plane set, that's what keeps the majority of the players from playing in there.  There is such a large discrepency in the EW plane set, you have some true EW planes with some planes that should be in the MW plane set.  People drop by and spend an hour or so but chances are, they won't return but those same people would spend the same amount of time in the MW and will likely return.  Why?  Because in the MW, you do have a more fleshed out plane set that does cater to all types, not so in the EW arena.

Revamp the EW plane set, remove those that should be in the MW and hopefully down the line, we'll get some planes from a true EW era for the plane set.  That will get players in the EW and stay.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 03:49:07 PM »
True enough Ack.  I was thinking along those lines, but then again, I like flying some of the true EW planes that aren't so...survivable (in my hands) even in MW.

MW has been alot of fun lately, maybe I'll just stay there.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 03:51:33 PM »
I was in the Green Arena for a little while a couple nights ago, actually had some fun flying a D3A.  Scored a couple kills, against a B5N and a PT boat I think, but had the most fun just trying to stay out of the guns of the other planes.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 12:44:08 AM »
The only problem is the plane set, that's what keeps the majority of the players from playing in there. 

I might add that it's particulary the  dominance of the Hurri II that's sometimes pretty anooying. A plane with that high usage & K/D at the same time would have been quickly perked in LW. Yet it's high ENY of 10 insures that you often can face 4 or more of them while being the lone defender of a base (Player numbers are very often very lopsided in EW, and ENY kicks in quite late due to low overall numbers)

I wished for an ENY adjustment of the Hurri II in EW almost a year ago, but my request has been denied so far...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 08:25:26 AM »
The only problem is the plane set, that's what keeps the majority of the players from playing in there.  There is such a large discrepency in the EW plane set, you have some true EW planes with some planes that should be in the MW plane set.  People drop by and spend an hour or so but chances are, they won't return but those same people would spend the same amount of time in the MW and will likely return.  Why?  Because in the MW, you do have a more fleshed out plane set that does cater to all types, not so in the EW arena.

Revamp the EW plane set, remove those that should be in the MW and hopefully down the line, we'll get some planes from a true EW era for the plane set.  That will get players in the EW and stay.

ack-ack

Amen!!

Helm ...out
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 08:42:27 AM »
The only problem is the plane set, that's what keeps the majority of the players from playing in there. 

Just curious ack-ack, what would YOU do to change it?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 09:35:56 AM »
Only a handfull fly in EW. They are generally not very good sticks so they use the hurri alot. It's the HO machine.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 01:27:07 AM »
Just curious ack-ack, what would YOU do to change it?

My post a couple up from yours.  Hopefully this will answer your question.

As for the planes I would like to see added, I posted awhile back on the planes from the 1939-1940 time line that I would like to see added to the game.  People seem to forget that there were other countries involved in the onset of WW2 before the Battle of France.  Namely, I would like to see the planes from the Polish, Scandinavian and the Low Countries as well as some of the other 'lesser known' EW planes from the UK and France.  Vehicles as well.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 01:33:52 AM »
Do my eyes deceive me, or is the K/D for the HurriIIc actually higher than for the perked 190A5 in that arena?

Frankly, looks like they need to add the HurriIIb and perk the IIc in the early.

I might add that it's particulary the  dominance of the Hurri II that's sometimes pretty anooying. A plane with that high usage & K/D at the same time would have been quickly perked in LW. Yet it's high ENY of 10 insures that you often can face 4 or more of them while being the lone defender of a base (Player numbers are very often very lopsided in EW, and ENY kicks in quite late due to low overall numbers)

(Image removed from quote.)

I wished for an ENY adjustment of the Hurri II in EW almost a year ago, but my request has been denied so far...
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 03:40:51 AM »
The more I think about it, the more I have to agree with ack-ack on this one.

I'm not a WW-2 expert, but he is totally right- there are alot of planes needed to truly flesh out an early war setup.

Having said that, though, Mid-War is a hoot on Tuesdays. 

Maybe we should leave it at that, and when EW is more fleshed out, we can revisit EW. 

Personally, I think that if the planeset supports it, the player base will come.  But, that's just me.